Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
is your job ok?
yeah it's ok
it's fuckin GREAT!
my job sucks
gently caress you op
View Results

• Locked thread
dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
1.8% I wasn't expecting, but I'm not really surprised. I just started working for this outfit in September and so far it's been a pleasant gig. I get decent hours (swing shift, gently caress a goddamn alarm clock anyways) and some fair to middlin' bennies. The best thing is they treat the employess like we're actual living thinking feeling beings and not just "Human Resources."

Seriously, it's nice.The bosses buy breakfast for the crew when we OT on weekends, and there's a once a month dinner plus extended break if we meet our (not unrealistic) quotas. The place is relatively clean and quiet, no heavy lifting is involved, and I'm not going to die in a horrific machine accident/ run over by an idiot on a forklift/ dust explosion/fire. My co-workers are all friendly polite people, and it's a very low stress environment. It's an ideal way for me to coast to retirement.

If you have a ok job, cool, tell us about it.

If your jobs sucks and you hate it, there's threads in bfc to whine in. No whining here please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Is that raise above inflation?

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
When the supermarket game was good i got like 12k in raises in a year or so and a 8k bonus

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Let's see...new years, drunk wife, sloppy groping of genital parts...

Not really "automatic". It took a few minutes.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I'm freelance so I don't really know what you're talking about, op.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Lol, suckers still working for the man, grateful for the scraps thrown to you. Throw off the yolk and work for yourself.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
I also really like my job. I am getting paid to go shooting for two days and get free lunch too.

social media guru
Jan 18, 2016

by Cowcaster
I'm working on #buildingmybrand right now but the #analysist say things are looking up up up this #quarter

social media guru
Jan 18, 2016

by Cowcaster

Teflon Don posted:

I also really like my job. I am getting paid to go shooting for two days and get free lunch too.

Sometimes I #whackoff at work so you could say I also get paid to shoot (#hotropeyloads]

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

My job sucks.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Im putting thousands of eggs on a conveyor one by one right now

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

no raise but 2016 is the year I'm gonna bang my last 2 employees and go 19/19.

also if any goons/goonettes need a job in Tulsa and want to be a junior sandwich artist PM me your resume (pdf only). i don't care if you wear jeans just remember to ask customers if they want cookies or soup

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!
Lol nope my health insurance raised from $100 to $222 per month. Oh and now
My copay and prescription costs also doubled. Yay capitalism. :confuoot:

Darf
Jun 6, 2011

You have quite a treasure there...
I'm giving myself a ten thousand percent increase starting next quarter

good job everyone

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Isaac posted:

don't put all your eggs on one conveyor

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
i have the best job in the world and i can do anything i want as long as i keep being so cool and smart :stonk:

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

1redflag posted:

Lol, suckers still working for the man, grateful for the scraps thrown to you. Throw off the yolk and work for yourself.

tried it, fun gig but too much work for too little moolaah

Isaac posted:

the realization that a breakfast of one thousand omelets begins with one small egg [/zendad]

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

dad gay. so what posted:

i have the best job in the world and i can do anything i want as long as i keep being so cool and smart :stonk:

:stonk:

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

cool and smart ppl in my thread, how absolutey marvelous.

thanks for dropping in, the is the only social interaction i have

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
i actually did get a raise january 1st but i also got my hours cut so vote trump i guess

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
im a hooker palm reader independent contractor

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

the great deceiver posted:

i actually did get a raise january 1st but i also got my hours cut so vote trump i guess

no dont please
trump is a buttwhistle
bernie will save us

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

dee eight posted:

cool and smart ppl in my thread, how absolutey marvelous.

thanks for dropping in, the is the only social interaction i have

cool and smart people make checkbox polls

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

dee eight posted:

no dont please
trump is a buttwhistle
bernie will save us

but what if i hate humanity and want to cast a comedy vote for a megalomaniac fascist just to watch the world burn, did you ever consider my needs

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
I got 4%, which is about right.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

Orkin Mang posted:

im a hooker palm reader independent contractor

indycon's what we call 'em here. if it's steady work, and you're good at it, customers come lookin for you!

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

Romes128 posted:

I got 4%, which is about right.

nice. gonna save a chunk of that for retirement or maybe piss it away on booze and video games?

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

but what if i hate humanity and want to cast a comedy vote for a megalomaniac fascist just to watch the world burn, did you ever consider my needs

vote the way you think fred rogers would have voted.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Isaac posted:

Is that raise above inflation?

Inflation is about 4%

The only way you can get your salary to increase above inflation in TYOOL 2016 in the US of A is to change employers every four or so years. This is really cool because it generally ruins your vacation time.

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

dee eight posted:

vote the way you think fred rogers would have voted.

i...wow...hmm...you've changed my perspective on many things. i thank you catnip man

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Sheep-Goats posted:

Inflation is about 4%

The only way you can get your salary to increase above inflation in TYOOL 2016 in the US of A is to change employers every four or so years. This is really cool because it generally ruins your vacation time.

Can an economics goon tell my why the ops pay rise isnt actually a pay cut then

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

i...wow...hmm...you've changed my perspective on many things. i thank you catnip man

aint no thang *fistbump*

wanna hear my joke of the week?

whaddya call a pig with three eyes?

youri miomi

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Isaac posted:

Can an economics goon tell my why the ops pay rise isnt actually a pay cut then

IT's a pay cut

It is the minimum amount they have found that they can give people and get them to stay for X number of years where X is the ideal number for the employer (enough time to payoff your training but get rid of you before you're anything more than a marginal cost to the value you produce)

If they could they would just smash your eggs with a rake

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Sheep-Goats posted:

IT's a pay cut

It is the minimum amount they have found that they can give people and get them to stay for X number of years where X is the ideal number for the employer (enough time to payoff your training but get rid of you before you're anything more than a marginal cost to the value you produce)

If they could they would just smash your eggs with a rake

I smashed eggs with a rake today what a coincidence

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

Sheep-Goats posted:

IT's a pay cut

i'll probably get a bump when i finish my probation period (love that term, makes me feel kinda gangsta)in a couple months
so the automatic i didn't know about and anyways wtf its better than a jab in the eye

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

dee eight posted:

i'll probably get a bump when i finish my probation period (love that term, makes me feel kinda gangsta)in a couple months
so the automatic i didn't know about and anyways wtf its better than a jab in the eye

Its probably more like a 3.6% less violent jab to the eye

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

I work a union job and we managed to bargain for slightly more than projected cost of living over 5 years, so that is pretty okay.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

i worked poo poo jobs most of my life. by comparison to those, this one is decent.

don't be so negative moriarty

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

Tiberius Thyben posted:

I work a union job and we managed to bargain for slightly more than projected cost of living over 5 years, so that is pretty okay.

nice. workers of the world unite

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
you deserve it D8, you helped me out back in the day so you're cool in my books

• Locked thread