Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
I think a lot of that can probably be attributed to inexperienced actors and the voice director probably taking first takes rather than letting people figure out how best to say what they're saying.

Also only about 75% of the actors understand how to pronounce coup d'état.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Someone change the tag on this thread to Politics.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Jodi is such an utter sociopath. :allears:

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

I love how bubbly Jodi (Jody?) is about blowing poo poo up.

Alpha3KV
Mar 30, 2011

Quex Chest
I also think you should keep your subtitles up longer. While I'm hardly in any position to help out with translation since my Japanese is only very basic, I can read kana well enough to tell that what you called "Beast" is actually Boost, which makes more sense.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

And honestly, what US President WOULDN'T endorse this if it came across his (or her) desk.

ArclightBorealis
May 28, 2014

You are HUGE!
That means you have HUGE ESSENCE!

RIP AND TEAR YOUR ESSENCE!!
Thanks for the feedback everyone, I'll be sure to improve the subtitles with the next video onward (these first two were done back to back with each other, and I've been figuring out the process myself). Should've seen it coming, considering I tend to read things faster than normal so it had seemed fine to me.

MJ12 posted:

For the Mission Data kanji, I don't know Japanese but I do know enough Chinese to sort of translate:

From top to bottom it seems to be:

Foot Infantry
Armored Vehicles
Air Vehicles
Autonomous Robots?
Special Vehicles?

That actually seems to line up with the categories shown on the enemy list menu. I'll have to load up the English patch again quickly to see what words they use for them, if those were even translated at all.

Alpha3KV posted:

I also think you should keep your subtitles up longer. While I'm hardly in any position to help out with translation since my Japanese is only very basic, I can read kana well enough to tell that what you called "Beast" is actually Boost, which makes more sense.
That definitely makes more sense. And also that I need to work harder to not mess up my katakana.

Inco
Apr 3, 2009

I have been working out! My modem is broken and my phone eats half the posts I try to make, including all the posts I've tried to make here. I'll try this one more time.

Kurieg posted:

I think a lot of that can probably be attributed to inexperienced actors and the voice director probably taking first takes rather than letting people figure out how best to say what they're saying.

Also only about 75% of the actors understand how to pronounce coup d'état.

Even if the voice acting was terribly directed, it still fits the tone of the game perfectly. Any time I try to picture these lines delivered any other way, it's not nearly as good.

That DNN guy is loving amazing and the "Technical Difficulties" cut was brilliant.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
MICHAEL~ RICHARD~

Love this game. Despite how awesome it is because it's so satirical, you know people wouldn't have gotten that (especially in the 2000's) and would have gotten irrationally angry at it.

It is a shame regardless.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Veloxyll posted:

And honestly, what US President WOULDN'T endorse this if it came across his (or her) desk.
I can think of a few since the protagonist is Bush.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Me? Don't worry about me...
Grimey Drawer
This game is amazing and it's a loving travesty it never got an NTSC localization.

I mean... you know, not that I ever owned the original XBox anyway, but... that's not the point.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.
I wish I had a modded Xbox and this game, I've heard about it for years but have never been able to play it.

Op, never forget your American Soul.

ArclightBorealis
May 28, 2014

You are HUGE!

Mission 3: The Grand Canyon

Shotgun

Remington - Narrow Type

The M780 with the barrel narrowed.
This means the gun can fire
more precise shots. This model
also includes better sights.

Machinegun

PDW - Strafe Type

MP7 dedicated to strafing. This
weapon has low attack but a broad
target range. Highly useful against
land mines and infantry soldiers.

Assault Rifle

Carbine - Long Range Type

M4A1 with increased firing range.
Can easily penetrate defenses but
its long range can make it
unwieldy.

Bazooka

LAW - Bursting Type

M72A3 loaded with burst rocket
rounds. Explodes into thousands of
bullets. Useful for widespread
attack.

Missile Launcher

Stinger - HAM Loading

The ML6ST equipped with a high
power tracking system. Wide range
but lacking in attack power. Perfect
for shooting down enemy munitions.

Grenades

Light Grenade

H&K developed launching system
for grenades with wide range.
Improved for Mobile Armor use.

Railgun

Electrical Railgun

Developed by the US Army in 2009,
this magnetic gun uses power from
the Mobile Armor to charge up.
Power is excellent but charge time
is rather high.

Air Vehicles

AH64D Apache
These helicopters attack primarily with their missile launchers. A small step up from the Blackhawks back at the White House, but they are still taken down just as easily with stuff like rockets or a railgun.

AH93 CASTINA
A humongous attack chopper (but not the biggest one in the game) that fires extremely large missile salvos at targets. Nothing else special about its weaponry compared to the DORSEY and its energy cannon. Heavy weapons, Burst Attacks, dropping bridges and dive kicks are effective means of taking off chunks of its health.

Artificial Beats
Jan 15, 2016

That's...definitely a hell of a way to end a boss fight. :allears:

Alpha3KV
Mar 30, 2011

Quex Chest
Haha that loving banter at the end. This game's dialogue is amazing.

Five
Jan 6, 2009

What a shutdown by Jodie. Amazing.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Seemed like Mike's no Bill Clinton.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
So, would there be any advantage to bringing two shotguns to the next map? Since we happen to have them and an island prison sounds like a place where there would be a lot of close in fighting.

ArclightBorealis
May 28, 2014

You are HUGE!

Ardeem posted:

So, would there be any advantage to bringing two shotguns to the next map? Since we happen to have them and an island prison sounds like a place where there would be a lot of close in fighting.
Well, since the two shotguns that we do have now both shoot heat rounds, it should be better then just the default ones since fire does continuous damage even on huge armored targets. The time limit on the stage is more what I'm worried about, so I don't know if those would be able to carry me through the majority of it.

Actually, speaking of fire, that might give me an idea for the loadout next mission. Expect the shotguns to get more use though, I'll make it work.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
Pretty sure dropkicking a helicopter is the definition of True American Justice.

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

ArclightBorealis posted:

Well, since the two shotguns that we do have now both shoot heat rounds, it should be better then just the default ones since fire does continuous damage even on huge armored targets. The time limit on the stage is more what I'm worried about, so I don't know if those would be able to carry me through the majority of it.

Actually, speaking of fire, that might give me an idea for the loadout next mission. Expect the shotguns to get more use though, I'll make it work.

Oh my god incendiary double shotguns? This sounds amazing. They need to show up more.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
The towers have multiple target points, so there might be a weak point on them that makes them go down quickly.
I saw that speed run a week before this LP started. It is one of the best I saw.
The subtitles are much better.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

The subtitles are much better, thank you for changing the speed.

Personally I think they could be a bit bigger, but I think that's more just personal preference.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

This game is basically the one and only reason why a proper Xbox emulator needs to exist.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

biosterous posted:

The subtitles are much better, thank you for changing the speed.

Personally I think they could be a bit bigger, but I think that's more just personal preference.
I don't think I can go through reading entire paragraphs when there are explosions happening all the time.

ArclightBorealis
May 28, 2014

You are HUGE!

Mission 4: Alcatraz

Peter MacDonald
A reporter for the large American news broadcaster DNN, his goal during the game is to report on the activities of Metal Wolf in the most negative light possible. And also write detailed accounts of those same events in a completely different light. Are there two different MacDonalds with opposite goals? Is he trying to save face so as to not come under fire from Richard Hawk? Is he a full of poo poo news reporter that brings a heavy bias to everything he covers, both good and bad, much like a lot of news programming? Well at least that last one is certainly true. The rest I'll let you keep guessing.

Shotgun

Remington - Heat Type

M870 loaded with diffusion rounds.
Its attack power is lower than
normal but engulfs foes in flames,
making it effective against heavy
armor. Outlawed due to its power.

Assault Rifle

Carbine - EN Type

M4A1 loaded with energy rounds.
Easy to handle with increased
attack power and range. A very
balanced weapon.

Grenades

Light Grenade - APM Type

HK69 fitted to launch anti-
personnel mines, which spawns a
large number of bombs that scatter
everywhere. Each bomb has a low
attack power.

Multi Missiles

MM Launcher - QLS Loading

Developed by the US Army, the QLS
is equipped with the most
advanced target locking system.
Has a narrow targeting area.

Flamethrower

Flamethrower

Designed in 2009 for land vehicles,
it has been specifically retooled for
Mobile Armor use. Very short
range but high damage.

Infantry

Soldier Bazooka
Very similar to the Soldier Missile enemy type, though unlike them they're rockets fire in a straight line and have no tracking (whereas the enemy missiles had the slowest tracking ever). Still very comparable in terms of attack power, but health wise, it's no different from any of the other infantry troops faced up till this point.

Ground Vehicles

M2A10 Escobar
A more heavily fortified tank compared to the Abrams, it also serves the same function as the cargo trucks in certain levels, serving as a spawn point for other enemies. Its design is interesting as it and a lot of other weapons and vehicles encountered, have clearly unique designs compared to real life ones, and that is because they were mostly developed in this game's version of the years 2009 and 2010.

Mecha

Cyborg C09N
Essentially a combination of a regular infantry soldier with the size and strength of a Mobile Armor. This makes it more resilient then regular soldiers, and this model in particular uses a variation of an Assault Rifle not yet unlocked for us, again highlighting the difference in tech between real world examples and this game's crazy idea of American military technology circa 2025.

BGM

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
Welp, President Trogdor has my vote.:patriot: :ca:

How does research look for pistols at dawn for our robot cowboy duel?

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

May our CoX spray white sticky fluid at our enemies forever!
HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat
This game is a goddamn gem and we really are poorer for having seen such a limited release of it.

Seriously, you're right about the verbal beatings and nudges this game gives out. Some of the VA work is pretty bad, but the writing can really shine. "Faster than a Florida recount," indeed :allears:

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Ahh yeah, I had completely forgotten about my favorite voice acting flub. What the hell is going on with "blast youbackwestcoast."?

Also the subtitles were a little fast again sometimes this video.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

https://twitter.com/devolverdigital/status/692330482176884736

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
If From starts making new MWC games then I really want to see their take on Obama and how the Republicans reacted to his existence.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
It is called Metal Wolf Chaos. Just make Richard black and there you have it.

Cool as the cannon is, it looks like it only fires in one direction and at rocks.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
You mean Michael, but I think ObaMichael would at least act differently.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Richard is the guy who is in charge, for a little while longer.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Why would Obama be Richard? That makes no sense.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

The second game has to have Richard return as a Russian ally.

ArclightBorealis
May 28, 2014

You are HUGE!

If Richard were to ever return, it would have to have him as Michael's axe crazy partner in the fight against communism. Gotta have the presidential equivalent to Kazama Kiryu and Goro Majima.

Also have the villain be even an even crazier version of Putin.

Ardeem posted:

How does research look for pistols at dawn for our robot cowboy duel?
Got enough to make duplicates of all the Tier 1 handguns, so there will at least be some symmetry within the load out. Gonna be a tough one regardless, due to the low attack and rate of fire, but I'm the President. I make this poo poo happen.

The only thing I feel would best compliment this is to tell Gio Corsi to add Shadow Tower Abyss to #buildingthelist. Because boy is that game as much deserving of a worldwide release as Metal Wolf is.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Why would Obama be Richard? That makes no sense.
Because he is President of this great United States of America.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Yes, but Obama is the legitimate President, while Richard is a usurper. Do you think Richard is meant to be Bush too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

If I suggest something that's not going to be awesome, somebody else needs to jump in and do better!

• Locked thread