Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Saalkin posted:

Replace Trevor with Norm McDonald

I don't really like norms voice also i dont think they could get him to the stage sober enough to read.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

I heard south africans are racism against black people so if you like the daily show you're racist to black people.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

i dont know if i read it here or heard it on npr but apparently TDS has had its viewership crater and they almost entirely rely on youtube clips to keep the show afloat

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Larry Willmore sounds like Milton from Office Space

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Business Gorillas posted:

i dont know if i read it here or heard it on npr but apparently TDS has had its viewership crater and they almost entirely rely on youtube clips to keep the show afloat
We're NPR. Same thing.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

I'm my name is Ira Gass.

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
daily show started sucking before noah took over. john oliver should have been the new host.

new daily show is okay, noah is an alright host but still seems like a fake and probably always will I think thats just his personality.

john oliver show is insufferable preachy garbage having his own platform makes him take it way too far, completely tedious over long segments about stuff I dont give a poo poo about 90% of the time.

nightly show sucks

new colbert show is kinda fun and kinda sad. he is like playing johnny carson or something, I guess if he sticks with it for the next 40 years or whatever thatll be good but it just feels like a total waste of his career especially after he already spent a decade hosting something which already felt kinda like a waste of time once the novelty wore off.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

a hole-y ghost posted:

We're NPR. Same thing.

who's Jian Gomeshi? aatrek?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Mr. Unlucky posted:

new colbert show is kinda fun and kinda sad. he is like playing johnny carson or something

every late night talk show host is playing either johnny carson or david letterman

except if you were craig ferguson

i miss you craig

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

who's Jian Gomeshi? aatrek?
Nice try but you made up that name.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Mr. Unlucky posted:

daily show started sucking before noah took over. john oliver should have been the new host.

new daily show is okay, noah is an alright host but still seems like a fake and probably always will I think thats just his personality.

john oliver show is insufferable preachy garbage having his own platform makes him take it way too far, completely tedious over long segments about stuff I dont give a poo poo about 90% of the time.

nightly show sucks

new colbert show is kinda fun and kinda sad. he is like playing johnny carson or something, I guess if he sticks with it for the next 40 years or whatever thatll be good but it just feels like a total waste of his career especially after he already spent a decade hosting something which already felt kinda like a waste of time once the novelty wore off.

last week tonight or w/e john oliver does now is better than the daily show ever was and i don't think that colbert getting the best job a comedian could possibly get be a "waste of his career"

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

Blue Raider posted:

the new daily show is exponentially better than than that john oliver hbo show

agreed. john oliver is a braying idiot and a shill for the democratic establishment whose jokes are all the same, i can't stand him.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

a hole-y ghost posted:

Nice try but you made up that name.

you're right, its spelled Jian Ghomeshi

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Goons, Goons hate everything.

Water wet, people breathe, sun rises in the east.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

VendaGoat posted:

Water wet, people breathe, sun rises in the east.

I hate all these things, gently caress!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i really like the late night television format, its just nice and simple. sure you can be really lazy with it (cough cough, letterman in his later years) but its just good and neat to me

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

i dont like the format too much but i'm glad that colbert gets to spend the rest of his life making boatloads of money and pretty much just dicking around on national tv

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Saalkin posted:

Replace Trevor with Norm McDonald

this, or even an actual homeless person off the streets

replace trevor noah with a human being, a well trained penguin or other likeable animal, or just an object that isn't trevor noah like an empty chair even

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Gaunab posted:

what's a south african doing mocking US politics

I can tell he's a good comedian but basically this is why he's not funny on the Daily Show.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
mass media sucks make your own news and cuck yourself

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

i haven't seen a lot of larry wilmore but i saw that clip of bill nye making those celebrity gossip columnists look like complete retards on national television and it owned

edit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yy7GOO7Y96Y

He managed to call the black chick fat at the end, and made her laugh at it.

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Microwaves Mom posted:

You know who would be loving good as the host of the Daily show?

Tyrone he isn't afraid to call Jeb Bush a foolish guac bowl merchant.

classic 'rone right there

TITY BOI
Apr 4, 2008

A REAL HUMAN BEING
AND A REAL TITY BOI

a hole-y ghost posted:

I'm my name is Ira Gass.

Every poster has a story. And this poster's story is, he's posting. This is This American Life

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

satanic splash-back posted:

He managed to call the black chick fat at the end, and made her laugh at it.

Is he still doing the "boner time" bit? Well it wasn't really so much a bit as it was a random irrelevant outburst. He probably has a brain tumor or some poo poo.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
Tervor Noah's delivery sucks.

Larry Wilmore's delivery sucks.

They were both given jobs where their sole purpose is to deliver jokes.

Their shows are bad. how?

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Typical Pubbie posted:

Tervor Noah's delivery sucks.

Larry Wilmore's delivery sucks.

They were both given jobs where their sole purpose is to deliver jokes.

Their shows are bad. how?

Liberal bias

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015
I'm still angry that the comedycentral website replaced the Daily Show archive with their stupid app. You used to be able to search TDS clips by tags, subject, or hit a button to get a random episode. Not anymore! It's gotta be mobile-friendly, so no more tiny buttons where you can choose an exact airdate or click on the name of a politician for more clips.

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Dave Chappelle should replace Noah/Wilmore

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
If you want to laugh at people talking about current events I reccomend The Savage Nation with Michael Savage on the conservative talk radio station. Obama gets him really, REALLY mad.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

*Reads the latest news about those wacky republicans off the teleprompter*

*looks confused*

*delivers joke*

*pretends to stifle a big laugh*

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015

Hector Beerlioz posted:

If you want to laugh at people talking about current events I reccomend The Savage Nation with Michael Savage on the conservative talk radio station. Obama gets him really, REALLY mad.

I get all my political news and stock pics from true capitalist radio and I am un-ironically excited for it's return: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hr2UeCRlvlo

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
Jon Stewart stayed on until all the more competent replacements had moved onto presenting other things out of frustration with their careerrs and playing second fiddle to him, so they had to replace him with someone who can't even tell jokes or talk about pizza in a funny voice.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I liked it when Stewart would scribble furiously on a piece of paper with a bic pen at the beginning of each episode.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I always hated when Stewart would stack his papers, i thought he was so close to getting a paper cut every time. poo poo was pro tho.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

VikingSkull posted:

bring back Tough Crowd goddamnit
colin quinn is a garbage-tier comedian and there would be nothing to save that poo poo show now that greg giraldo is dead

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

last week tonight or w/e john oliver does now is better than the daily show ever was

last week tonight is only on once a week, 35 weeks out of the year. that is not exactly a high bar there.

sure each episode of LWT is better that any average Daily Show ep, but I think if you went back to prime daily show you could assemble 35 "best of" episodes from any given year that would put LWT in the loving dumpster.

with that considered it's actually kinda crap.

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015
It's more accurate to say that all the good writers and the old producer moved on about two years before Stewart himself called it quits. The new ones couldn't come up with as many decent jokes so it relied more on outrage and preachy monologues instead of rapid-fire gags directed at the crystal fortress of madness that was the Bush administration. The bungling of hurricane Katrina alone was a goldmine

Then the democrats took the white house so they had to rely on Fox & Friends for easy material. I mean I hate it as much as anyone else but seeing them get featured every day was just exhausting.

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

Dave Chappelle should replace Noah/Wilmore

*Retard in the audience yells "I'M RICK JAMES BITCH!"*
*Dave slowly rises from the anchor's chair*
*Walks off the set*
*Flies to Africa and vanishes for months*

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

OMG JC a Bomb! posted:

*Retard in the audience yells "I'M RICK JAMES BITCH!"*
*Dave slowly rises from the anchor's chair*
*Walks off the set*
*Flies to Africa and vanishes for months*

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax

Microwaves Mom posted:

I don't really like norms voice also i dont think they could get him to the stage sober enough to read.

i'd nominate doug stanhope if he didn't have the latter problem. guy's constantly drunk on stage

• Locked thread