Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Stik3 posted:

Maybe he has a really easy job and killing himself would be even more work than working?

pretty sad that an orc peon knows more about survival than the modern man, everytime there's a bad storm around here like 3 people die because they don't know some things including

-you need to remove snow off your roof if the amount of snow on your roof becomes literally five feet deep and thousands of pounds
-you gotta eat food, drink water
-keep the temperature of the place you plan to sleep above 20 degrees fahrenheit
-a car and a snowmobile are different things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Enfield posted:

it was steam.powered. the east coast is getting a big rear end storm and friday were getting like 18 inches of snow and everyones going to freak out
good thing it's on a loving Saturday for me so i don't get to miss any classes

thanks momma nature

Stik3
Jan 28, 2015

From President of the colonies to this.

extra stout posted:

Are people calling their cars snowmobiles in the winter where you live?
That's not even sad, that's hilarious.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
just me you and my ax OP

and that fire starting to make it smell real good

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

extra stout posted:

pretty sad that an orc peon knows more about survival than the modern man, everytime there's a bad storm around here like 3 people die because they don't know some things including

-you need to remove snow off your roof if the amount of snow on your roof becomes literally five feet deep and thousands of pounds
-you gotta eat food, drink water
-keep the temperature of the place you plan to sleep above 20 degrees fahrenheit

i wonder how many people die a year because they think their f-150 can handle driving during a tornado

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
i live in california what is rain and snow i am having a hard time imagining this op very unrealistic

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

the great deceiver posted:

i live in california what is rain and snow i am having a hard time imagining this op very unrealistic

u liar

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why does everyone call meee a liar

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Theres ingredients and equipmemt jere to male a few hundred litres of spirits. I could trade bottles for sunflower seeds

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

ok heres my fantasy:it's 1:17am and its been a long loving day so im going to sleep. its not actually a fantasy

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

op, if you masturbate and eat your cum it will keep you warm and you won't have to worry about food

Stik3
Jan 28, 2015

From President of the colonies to this.

old dog child posted:

op, if you masturbate and eat your cum it will keep you warm and you won't have to worry about food

he could always ask that other guy for his salty soup recipe, heard it involves cum anyways so you're shooting two birds with one soup.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
Does anyone else have fantasies that Blizzard would trap you in a monthly payment scheme for years

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Hateful 8 was good but the humor was just trash tier terrible

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I'd like this but if it was in a remote cabin with fibre cable, good TV, great heating.

I could sit in my cabin isolated from the entire world.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
this would be the moment i am waiting for, no more power, no more tablets and cell phones and PS4s :twisted:
i am prepared though, this would be my time to shine!

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

There's no safe way to put a cat in a paper bag!!
I moved to Southern California a few years ago from Baltimore. I try to convince friends and family to move out here all the time and everybody says "Oh I could never live there, I need seasons!" Now I'm watching from Facebook as they gripe about winter. Enjoy those seasons, guys.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Rutibex posted:

this would be the moment i am waiting for, no more power, no more tablets and cell phones and PS4s :twisted:

what, no novelty edition of Risk?

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

dreezy posted:

no heating, no power. all alone in sub zero temps. the thrill of death and isolation would be incredible. i'd have to survive on stale tortillas and my own piss while desperately trying to keep my bathtub fire going.

when I was 12 i used to have fantasies that the hot girl I'd like would be trapped with me somewhere and we'd have lots of sex. But thats it.

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

Rutibex posted:

twilight struggle and arkaham horror, two pro-tier games NICE

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

symbolic posted:

what, no novelty edition of Risk?

you disgust me

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Rutibex posted:

you disgust me
your name is like a rutabaga rubix cube

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Business Gorillas posted:

i wonder how many people die a year because they think their f-150 can handle driving during a tornado

the right amount of people die from this is the answer, i've seen like fifty of this type of vid during floods

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_NEHGrwI30

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
the prophesied snowstorm is going to hit tonite. everyone is panicking and buying all the food at kroger. i forgot to do my grocery shopping this week so i must survive on my emergency stash of mac n cheese. wish me luck goons.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
Anyone still stocked up from ebola? I could make it an easy 12 months lol

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

toilet fire is the superior option in this particular fantasy

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

revmoo posted:

Anyone still stocked up from ebola? I could make it an easy 12 months lol

i made a bunker out of a hole i dug and a refridgerator box. im going to live in there and eat cigarette butts

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Rutibex posted:

gently caress yea you can get a nice fire going with all that cardstock

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Blizzard WILL trap a lot of goons in their houses the coming fall.

Not that anyone will notice.

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
You're just a bitchmade pussy if you can't drive a ford focus with bald tires on black ice without crashing. Just shovel your way to your car and live life as usual. It owns because only other real men are out and about.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
Ahahah "real men"

Realtalk it was fun last week when we got all that ice. I was driving our 4Runner in 4high and kept having hillbillies blast past me in their shitastic Ford Rangers only to halfway spin out as soon as they reached the next red light. Don't even get me started on Jeep drivers. I stay the gently caress away from those idiots.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Yes it does sound fun. Introduce my kids to my dvd set of LOST, raid my beer cellar stash, cuddle for warmth at night

When I think of itt as a montage, it sounds great. But irl I bet I'd be going crazy and trying to eat my family by hour 5

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i got a big bag of pizza rolls. if the power goes out i'm eating them room-temp, just like our forefathers did

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

There's no safe way to put a cat in a paper bag!!

Dave_Indeed posted:

You're just a bitchmade pussy if you can't drive a ford focus with bald tires on black ice without crashing. Just shovel your way to your car and live life as usual. It owns because only other real men are out and about.

There's not much you can do if there's over a foot of snow on the road, and the roads haven't been plowed.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

Mnemosyne posted:

There's not much you can do if there's over a foot of snow on the road, and the roads haven't been plowed.

but yer mum has, by ME.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
she got 12 inches last night too.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
Best possible scenario: Blizzard traps me at home where we are fully stocked. Not enough snow to cut power, but enough to prevent us from going to school. Bonus: UPS trucks can still deliver Amazon orders.

Worst possible scenario: Blizzard hits while we are at school. We are trapped at school with 900 7th and 8th graders for 3 days with no power or food until all of their parents come to collect them.

Luckily, I live in SoCal, so the odds of either situation is minimal.

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Mnemosyne posted:

An impossible scenario. The laws of physics clearly state that snow cannot be on the road for longer than a minute before a redneck with a boner drives a truck over it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KennyLoggins
Dec 3, 2004
Welcome to the Danger Zone

Stik3 posted:

For most WoW players blizzard does trap them in their house for weeks.

• Locked thread