Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beep Street
Aug 22, 2006

Chemotherapy and marijuana go together like apple pie and Chevrolet.
This is the top story on bbc in the uk. We're obsessed with weather here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
In most of your country, the record low and high temperatures are less cold and less hot than the NE megalopolis gets in a normal year.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
hi snow crew my landlord didn't clear the driveway like he said I would so I had to dig myself out so I could get to work on this here Sunday

We had snow drifts on our side so I had 3 feet of snow on top of my car :(

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005
I have a Toyota pickup so I've been immune to the apocalypse for awhile now but it's fun watching anarchy take grip when people start getting stuck without 4wd

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
I have a plow on my Atv. Its quite fun and efficient. Toy becomes a tool.

Dudeabides
Jul 26, 2009

"You better not buy me that goddamn tourist av"

This was Northwest Philly during the small lull we had in the later afternoon. This is with 18 inches on the ground. We got 5 more or so after this.

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
Most of the roads are completely clear here in idiotville TN, but when I went to the store to get hot dog buns there was only one bag left and the bread aisle was picked totally clean. There was some lady bitching at a clerk about how many loaves he had left in the back. Milk was still in stock. Chip aisle looked like a hundred goons had whirled through it, though. I guess chips and salsa are better than milk sandwiches? Or do they make a chip and salsa sandwich?

I had to get whole wheat buns, which kind of puts a damper on the ultra-basic chili cheese dogs I'm making in tribute. But I was planning on melting the cheese anyway, so I guess it's just a crappy tribute all around.

RedQueen
Apr 21, 2007

It takes all the running you can do just to stay in the same place.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

loving obama can't even make a snowman right.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
we received 36 inches of snow here in nj and the local pizza joints were delivering even in the snowstorm on snowmobiles

goon heaven

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

shoveled my walk and car. snow plow hasn't come by my street yet, so not going anywhere today. thanks for listening.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Bad: My car is plowed in and it's probably going to take a few trips with a shovel to clear it out (my wife's car is OK though so I can at least take that to work)

Good: Fixed my water heater :toot:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Classes are canceled tomorrow and apparently my sister did indeed have to shovel the driveway at home by herself. :woop:

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
I remember living in Newfoundland and all the older people would rush outside at like 11 pm and shovel their driveways all bundled up like fat, colorful gnomes. Now in the South I just wait until it melts or plow my car over the pathetic drifts that try to barricade me inside. I miss the gnomes. I do not miss trying to walk to class on the sheets of ice that were left after the school half-assedly plowed the student walkways.

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??
We had to have a bobcat come in and move the snow from behind everyone's cars to mountains in the corners of our neighborhood. Me and my neighbors did okay (I even helped out my next door neighbor and I fffffucking hate her rear end) but the neighbors on the other side just made a mountain in front of the bobcat and expected him to be able to move everything without a question. Now, the bobcat can't move anything higher than itself and the neighbors didn't understand that and got hostile with the operator when he told them they would have to start breaking down their snowshit mountain. We had to have the HA President diffuse tensions. Good times.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

went out to get food and found one example of the drifting we got

poor bastard

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
How many of you died? Did you hear there's a new funeral home in Reform? Recommend you check it out. If you died that is.

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??

King of Bees posted:

How many of you died? Did you hear there's a new funeral home in Reform? Recommend you check it out. If you died that is.

Someone legit died shoveling snow in Maryland.

But it's Maryland so no one cares.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

i read that a retarded mother and her probably dumb baby died while they watched peopel shovel in a car with a blocked up tailpipe

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Obligatory Toast posted:

Someone legit died shoveling snow in Maryland.

But it's Maryland so no one cares.

what's marilandz, precious?

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

my neighborhood got straight up zero plow trucks to clear the street. gonna go into monday without a single functioning road. i think some of the neighbors have gone a bit batty about it because they're trying to get out to the main road by forcing their way through 20 inches of snow with their sedans. one guy was able to dig his car out enough to retreat back to his garage but now the main entrance is blocked up by three vehicles that tried to get out. they're all out pushing and digging and it's like, dog, you're trying to monster through two feet of snow in a minivan. it isn't going to happen.

it is pretty crazy a plow hasn't been through here though.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Mad Wack posted:

we received 36 inches of snow here in nj and the local pizza joints were delivering even in the snowstorm on snowmobiles

goon heaven

Still had pizza and Indian food delivery in nyc in the middle of the storm.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Romes128 posted:

What about drugs and cigs?

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Romes128 posted:

bless those delivery drivers on their scooters.

Troutful
May 31, 2011

I walked to the grocery store today to get kale and guess what they were out of!!!

Troutful
May 31, 2011

Roads look great but some of the sidewalks were shoveled really half-assedly.

BLARGHLE
Oct 2, 2013

But I want something good
to die for
To make it beautiful to live.
Yams Fan
I tried to make vanilla snow cream, but it was kind of a mess

It made a drat good Kahlua float, though!

Mr. Pumroy posted:

my neighborhood got straight up zero plow trucks to clear the street. gonna go into monday without a single functioning road. i think some of the neighbors have gone a bit batty about it because they're trying to get out to the main road by forcing their way through 20 inches of snow with their sedans. one guy was able to dig his car out enough to retreat back to his garage but now the main entrance is blocked up by three vehicles that tried to get out. they're all out pushing and digging and it's like, dog, you're trying to monster through two feet of snow in a minivan. it isn't going to happen.

it is pretty crazy a plow hasn't been through here though.

The nice townhouse community right across the street from us also remains unplowed. Sucks to be them, but I guess they have an excuse not to go to work tomorrow.

BLARGHLE fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Jan 25, 2016

Nascardad
Oct 22, 2009

"Racing is in my blood, I can't quite get out of it yet"
Snow Aftermath

The loneliest christmas tree

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

Nascardad posted:

Snow Aftermath

Oculus Rift snowstorm simulator looking good.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

I used to live on a side street in a quiet residential part of town, but our street was always plowed first thing in the morning. Turns out we lived on the same street as the mayor. That was pretty great.

Lifehack: Live on the same street as the mayor or other city official with influence over the plow schedule.

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

my coworker keeps going on about how it's snowing 60cm in new york and how CRAZY and WILD it must be, doesn't that happen every year? :wth:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

well guys, back to work for me today :smith:

Thank for nothing, sun

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

ghostter posted:

my coworker keeps going on about how it's snowing 60cm in new york and how CRAZY and WILD it must be, doesn't that happen every year? :wth:

It was 1/10th of an inch away from an all time high score. Only beat out by the blizzard of 96.

Bigger problem is that the city is doing an abysmal job at plowing so nobody can get around. The city's used to snow but not that much so quickly.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

King of Bees posted:

What about drugs and cigs?

Duane reade around the corner from me stayed open and I don't do drugs cause I'm a law abiding citizen.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Ehud posted:

well guys, back to work for me today :smith:

Thank for nothing, sun

Off till the 2nd

U jelly?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Romes128 posted:

Off till the 2nd

U jelly?

I wish I had a meaningless unimportant job :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

went out driving today and Richmond has recovered incredibly quickly, at least relative to how long it usually takes us to dig out

• Locked thread