Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
I always find it interesting when a city has a particular immigrant community based there, lending an extra bit of identity. This can be good, if you are into their restaurants and their chicas, or it can be bad if you dont find their food tasty or their culture is a big sausagefest. Which city has the immigrant community with the best food and the most freely available bebes? Talk up your town, goons!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

apparently there's a very large Syrian community in my hometown. large enough that there's an entire council that is involved with the city government.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
Do they have good restaurants? Maybe an Ashurbanipal Day celebration when everyone dressed up in their best Bronze Age gear?

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
there are a lot of mexicans in LA and also a lot of jews but there is a lot of everyone, we are a very large city we even have a little ethiopia(!)

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

Nooner posted:

there are a lot of mexicans in LA and also a lot of jews but there is a lot of everyone, we are a very large city we even have a little ethiopia(!)

Ethiopian restaurants are the biggest rip offs. They just give you an empty plate.

Bobert Bobertson
Apr 1, 2014
lot of mexicans here, pretty chill guys and pretty bomb food. there's also a growing arabic/somalian community which has a learning center right by my house

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Bobert Bobertson posted:

lot of mexicans here, pretty chill guys and pretty bomb food. there's also a growing arabic/somalian community which has a learning center right by my house

Rip bobert boertson killed by muslims 9/11

Bobert Bobertson
Apr 1, 2014
i'm actually headed for the middle east for work soon so :rip:

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Nooner posted:

I was thinking more of groups that are somewhat unique to a city. Like, LA apparently has like a million Persians?

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

There are a lot of Ecuadorians in the next town.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Maoist Pussy posted:

Do they have good restaurants? Maybe an Ashurbanipal Day celebration when everyone dressed up in their best Bronze Age gear?
no idea. i don't go into center city too often, where most of the Syrian population is.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Maoist Pussy posted:

I was thinking more of groups that are somewhat unique to a city. Like, LA apparently has like a million Persians?

ya we also have hella Armenians like the most outside of Armenia I think, just go to Glendale

Amanda Huggensuck
Nov 8, 2012
New York is super diverse I go to Staten Island for Sri Lankan food there's also a large Liberian community I should see if there are any resteraunts there and queens is one of the most diverse places in the world I don't go there for work tho

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

I live in the United States, nearly everyone including myself is an immigrant building communities upon the ashes of the largest genocide in human history. The food is pretty good.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
Fresno has Hmong people, apparently, because a Homg leader told them all to move to Fresno.

Bakersfield has Coptic Egyptians, who are kinda hot I think? And tons of Basques, which is weird because I think Basques are a seafaring people.

Sacramento is "the most diverse and integrated" city in America so maybe it has everybody.

San Diego has a big section of Filipinos in North County and Tagalog is on election ballots there

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Maoist Pussy posted:

Fresno has Hmong people, apparently, because a Homg leader told them all to move to Fresno.

Bakersfield has Coptic Egyptians, who are kinda hot I think? And tons of Basques, which is weird because I think Basques are a seafaring people.

Sacramento is "the most diverse and integrated" city in America so maybe it has everybody.

San Diego has a big section of Filipinos in North County and Tagalog is on election ballots there

sac town is a toilet

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Hey Nooner how are you?

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

TEAYCHES posted:

Hey Nooner how are you?

im good, happy to be off probation!! how are you THS?

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Nowadays, you can do anything that you want; anal, oral, fisting, but you need to be wearing gloves, condoms, protection.
My small rural town in Ireland has a large Polish/Lithuanian population. There's a few little shops which sell cabbage rolls, bread, cheese, and pirogi and they've been around for a few years and have settled down and they send their kids to the local schools and so on. :3:

I adore Poland, and Polish people. I have no idea why. I find their entire culture absolutely lovely and Irish people actually really like their little Polish enclaves. :poland:

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Nooner posted:

sac town is a toilet

It seems pretty nice? Good climate, good university, young population, two big, swimmable rivers, really close to Tahoe and Yosemite, nice architecture left over from the gold rush boom. If it were in any other state, it would probably be the state's best city.

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Nowadays, you can do anything that you want; anal, oral, fisting, but you need to be wearing gloves, condoms, protection.
Actually there's a little 'We sell everything' shop run by a nice little Iranian man and his daughter and they're always very helpful and they point out things which are on special and they know a good deal when they see one. He sits in the back office with his brother and plays some sort of board game all day long and drinks hot tea and it's also very :3:

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Ape Fist posted:

Actually there's a little 'We sell everything' shop run by a nice little Iranian man and his daughter and they're always very helpful and they point out things which are on special and they know a good deal when they see one. He sits in the back office with his brother and plays some sort of board game all day long and drinks hot tea and it's also very :3:

be careful he might be a muslim :ohdear:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Nooner posted:

im good, happy to be off probation!! how are you THS?
"oh, noonie was on probation. i wonder wh-"

Nooner posted:

Sperglord Firecock posted:

Making my parked car into a hotbox and then listening to newest David Bowie album

Had some rough poo poo happen to me today, cousin committed suicide
Why did your cousin decide to own himself was he a veteran?

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

jesus christ nooner

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

I live in Portland so white hipsters

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Nooner posted:

be careful he might be a muslim :ohdear:

Good. Its about time this place got some flavour.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

symbolic posted:

"oh, noonie was on probation. i wonder wh-"

Why did your cousin decide to own himself was he a veteran?

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

jesus christ nooner
[/quote]

i was a victim of poor moderation, but what do you expect from drug addicts :sigh:

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005
Americans. I'm not even kidding.

We have an American festival in town every year. Mostly muscle cars, cowboys and flags. NY caps. The works.

I live in Provence.

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

South-Dublin is loving crawling with Americans for some reason as well.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Nooner posted:

i was a victim of poor moderation, but what do you expect from drug addicts :sigh:
no you're the posting embodiment of the scarecrow from Wizard of Oz.

if you only had a brain, nooner.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Ape Fist posted:

A lot of our white people have a huge hardon for Ireland. Source: every loving white guy here saying "I'm Irish!"

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

Ape Fist posted:

Weirdest thing about our Americans is that they're perpetually first generation. Either they're too old to have kids or when they do they move back to the US.

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide
Assyrians/Chaldeans and Finns.

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009
All of them. In particular, we have a very large and prominent Caribbean diaspora.

Bobert Bobertson
Apr 1, 2014

Honky Dong Country posted:

A lot of our white people have a huge hardon for Ireland. Source: every loving white guy here saying "I'm Irish!"

i had a step-brother like this and i called bullshit every time he tried jerking off some celtic whatever

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Honky Dong Country posted:

America always has had a hardon for Ireland, I know, but this spike is pretty noticeable in recent years. Which is weird as well considering that Ireland is, economically, not doing too great. Although in fairness Google, Yahoo, Dell, Intel, and a lot of other companies have their European HQ's in Ireland for tax reasons so thats probably an attractive feature.

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Bobert Bobertson posted:

i had a step-brother like this and i called bullshit every time he tried jerking off some celtic whatever

Watching Americans try to speak Irish is some :chloe: poo poo.

But we would never call them on it because we're chronically loving polite*.

*To foreigners, we're actually miserable bitter begrudging pieces of poo poo to eachother but we need to keep up the :c::c::c: HOITY TOITY SHUR ISN'T IT GRAND TO BE OIRISH TEEDEDEE COME SPEND YER MONEY IN THE EMERALD ISLE :c::c::c: poo poo up in front of tourists. No seriously. We're actually a profoundly bitter and miserable people.

Ape Fist fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Jan 22, 2016

Bobert Bobertson
Apr 1, 2014

Ape Fist posted:

America always has had a hardon for Ireland, I know, but this spike is pretty noticeable in recent years. Which is weird as well considering that Ireland is, economically, not doing too great. Although in fairness Google, Yahoo, Dell, Intel, and a lot of other companies have their European HQ's in Ireland for tax reasons so thats probably an attractive feature.

lmao you don't even know, he'd awkwardly try and bring it up to like girls and poo poo back when he was in school. i think he got over it but his dad was really into pagan poo poo so he could have went full on druid :shrug:

also fairly certain most people in america are also bitter and miserable, small world huh

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Testikles posted:

All of them. In particular, we have a very large and prominent Caribbean diaspora.

Yowza! Me gusta. What city?

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Bobert Bobertson posted:

lmao you don't even know, he'd awkwardly try and bring it up to like girls and poo poo back when he was in school. i think he got over it but his dad was really into pagan poo poo so he could have went full on druid :shrug:

I was in an Irish-themed bar in the Canada like 10 years ago around the time of St. Patricks day with a few friends and we went out for a meal because my friends thought that I would like to go to an Irish bar during Paddies weekend. I was down for it, and it was a nice pub, but the waiter was like 'Would you guys like some Green Beer in celebration of St. Patricks weekend!', and being the prick that I am I was like, 'No, and honestly we don't do that back home.', and this dude took to flipping his poo poo about how IRISH PEOPLE ABSOLUTELY DO PUT GREEN DYE IN THEIR BEER ON PATRICKS WEEKEND and I was like 'I'M FROM WICKLOW(Ireland). WE DON'T PUT GREEN poo poo IN OUR BEER.', and he got all pissy about it and was like 'Well I'm fairly sure you do.' I let it go at that, but I basically sat there in quiet indignation for the rest of the night with 'Did this nigga really try to tell me about where I live' running through my head for the whole night. I think I got drunk on whiskey and apple juice later and we went to Harveys for some lovely burgers at 1am. I dunno.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobert Bobertson
Apr 1, 2014
americans trying to claim any heritage aside from "mutt" is :laffo: tier anyway.

• Locked thread