Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flac
Sep 6, 2010

supposedly it frees you from anxiety and nihilism

ultrafilter posted:

I don't know what's coming next, but if we're going to do multiple playthroughs, it might be better to leave the explanation for later. So I'm voting Venus and Neptune.

Not an option its jupiter's turn and shes in it to win it baby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Jupiter and Neptune

Flac
Sep 6, 2010

:siren: Oooook for everybody who's played wktd already: be careful with your words. You can say "I'm voting this because it's my favorite choice and I love what happens" because I understand, but "this choice is the most NECESSARY for plot" is too close to spoilers for me, even when it's not entirely true, so chill with that please.

A Bad Place
May 25, 2008
I mean, like

Jupiter and Neptune, right

this isn't really a choice, right

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost

Gutter Owl posted:

Jupiter and Neptune.

Jupiter and Neptune.

JUPITER AND NEPTUNE.

This is the best non-ending scene in the game and also the crucial setup for what's gonna happen next and we are going to watch it together you fuckers aren't going to take this from me.

Jupiter. And. Neptune.

Venus and Jupiter.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl

Flac posted:

:siren: Oooook for everybody who's played wktd already: be careful with your words. You can say "I'm voting this because it's my favorite choice and I love what happens" because I understand, but "this choice is the most NECESSARY for plot" is too close to spoilers for me, even when it's not entirely true, so chill with that please.

Sorry, you're right.

Erwin the German
May 30, 2011

:3
Jupiter and Neptune.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Flac posted:

Not an option its jupiter's turn and shes in it to win it baby

Right. Venus and Jupiter then.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
jupiter and neptune

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

♃ + ♆

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.
Jupiter and Neptune

I'm still sticking with this through thick and thin.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

Jupiter and Neptune.

Probottt
Dec 15, 2013
I'm pretty sure there is no other choice than Jupiter and Neptune for this.

Probottt fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Feb 8, 2016

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
technically speaking there is and it's right there above it but yes it is very compelling

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
All I'm saying is, engaging with someone in a sufficiently altered state of mind that Seven Minutes In Heaven is a competitive sport is probably going to get you suplexed through something load-bearing.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
if any of these three could do that it would be jupiter

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Oh boy, this is not the type of game I'd play but the story is pretty interesting. But between the ominous music and the captains foreshadowing little campfire story I'm guessing things won't end well for at least one of 'em...

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
The suspense is killing me: how does one win 7 minutes in heaven? also, what exactly is it again?

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

thechosenone posted:

The suspense is killing me: how does one win 7 minutes in heaven? also, what exactly is it again?

You get locked in a closet with someone for seven minutes, and you're supposed to make out.

If the makeouts are hot, you win.

Flac
Sep 6, 2010

[MUSIC: Greenhouse]

Jupiter and Neptune left the competition in the dust, to nobody's surprise. At midnight, choice is an illusion.

[MUSIC: God Is Already Warning Us]

^^^ I HIGHLY recommend you play this for this scene, in case you've been skipping my music/sound effect links for whatever reason.

(the soundtrack's good though you've been missing out)

♃: Oh no.

♃: Oh. I see.
♃: Or, I feel, I guess. I can't see.
♆: ...we are close.

♃: So...
♃: ...um, Neptune—
♆: Shh.
♃: No, I—
♆: Here—
♆: Ah.
♆: Oh.
♃: Wow.
♃: I—

♆: That's right. No one can prove it.
♃: No one except us.
♆: It's your word against mine.
♆: A double lock. So it never happened unless we both say it did.
♃: Neither of us is going to be that stupid, right?
♆: Of course. We both know better.
♃: I'm, um, kind of an idiot though.
♆: You liar. You're much better at keeping yourself quiet.
♆: I never would have if I knew you might be stupider than even me.
♃: Sorry.
♃: I'm just so—
♆: Some things can't be taken back. There are things worse than saying it directly, you know.
♃: Like "this feels right."
♆: And "I'm just so happy."
♆: Exactly, what are you thinking saying things like that.
♃: I'm not.
♃: I'm not saying them.
♃: They're things anyone could have said about anybody.
♃: They're just in the air.
♃: "You mean so much to me."

♃: Not that I'm saying it.
♆: ...you get it.
♆: The midwest is great. All you have to do is not say it out loud.
♆: It's like a spell. And you can be as obvious as you want about everything else.
♆: You can wait it out forever. As long as you don't say it.
♃: I hope I can.
♃: But even if I don't say it, I still feel it.
♃: Like a hand in the air.
♃: Holding tight.
♆: It's okay.
♃: Is it?
♆: I said it's okay, so it's okay. Stop talking. Stop talking forever.
♆: I'm drunk. You're drunk. Can't see anything, double lock, nothing is happening.
♆: Your hands, either way...

♃: You're right.
♃: This is nothing.
♆: Ah.
♃: And this.
♆: Oh.
♃: This too.
♆: You get it. Oh. Exactly. Just...nothing.
♆: Like that hand in the air, you might think you're feeling it, but...
♃: ...it's nothing.

Flac fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Mar 17, 2016

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
I don't know why you guys were so excited about this when literally nothing happened

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

tiistai posted:

I don't know why you guys were so excited about this when literally nothing happened
Goddamn, this post made me laugh way more than it should have, so thanks for that :v:

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
Yeah, what a buzzkill. Whole lotta nothin', move along.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
joking aside, i think this is one of the more resonant scenes in the story. being a queer kid is sure a thing. im good at words

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

tiistai posted:

You'd be amazed how many people would actually think this.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
I think this was one of the first scenes I got to in the game that just made me go, "Ah,"

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Empress Theonora posted:

I think this was one of the first scenes I got to in the game that just made me go, "Ah,"

Oh.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
Its hard to describe how this scene makes me feel. I just wish I could read stories that could do that more often.

Please tell me there's a happy ending in here somewhere. I don't think my heart could take it if this can only end tragically.

thechosenone fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Feb 8, 2016

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

thechosenone posted:

Its hard to describe how this scene makes me feel. I just wish I could read stories that could do that more often.

Please tell me there's a happy ending in here somewhere. I don't think my heart could take it if this can only end tragically.

The devil will be here soon.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gutter Owl posted:

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
:(

thechosenone fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Feb 8, 2016

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

thechosenone posted:

Where's the fun in that?

EDIT: So I take it that Anime coughing girl Neptune is the queer one of the three but do the same stuff happen if you throw blonde Shinji and Jupiter into the closet as well?

Sylphosaurus fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Feb 8, 2016

Flac
Sep 6, 2010

tiistai posted:

god help me i JUST got the joke gently caress

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

Sylphosaurus posted:

Where's the fun in that?

EDIT: So I take it that Anime coughing girl Neptune is the queer one of the three but do the same stuff happen if you throw blonde Shinji and Jupiter into the closet as well?

You may have missed it somehow, but that gay makeout had two people in it. Jupiter is very much Not Straight.

(I'm not even going to talk about Venus. We will get to Venus in due time.)

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?

RickVoid posted:

Yeah, what a buzzkill. Whole lotta nothin', move along.
"Nothing" in the Shakespearian sense?

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

Gutter Owl posted:

You may have missed it somehow, but that gay makeout had two people in it. Jupiter is very much Not Straight.

I was mainly thinking that the developers went for a straight-bi-gay setup for our gang of misfits here but I'm willing to wait and see if Venus will keep on being Shinji with the serial numbers filed off.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
Is it alright if I guess something? I'll take it down if it hits too close:

I'm guessing Venus is transgender, which is why Jupiter would be okay with playing 7 minutes in heaven with her. Besides Jupiter being krunk.

I swear I haven't looked ahead and if you want me to edit this out I'll do so immediately.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

Gutter Owl posted:

Sylphosaurus posted:

I was mainly thinking that the developers went for a straight-bi-gay setup for our gang of misfits here but I'm willing to wait and see if Venus will keep on being Shinji with the serial numbers filed off.

Sylphosaurus posted:

Where's the fun in that?

What are you guys on about? Nothing happened and even if something did they kept it in the closet.

Ijuuin Enzan
Oct 28, 2006
More fun than dryer lint.

Sylphosaurus posted:

Holy poo poo dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Gutter Owl posted:

And then it'll really be a party! :toot:

• Locked thread