Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.
Venus and Neptune

This game sure looks some kind of interesting. I kinda wish there was a more convenient method of purchasing than making another bloody account on another bloody website just to buy one game because I would probably buy and play this game if it were on Steam or something. Looks incredibly my kind of poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

tiistai posted:

♃ + ♆

Always Neptune.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

Tollymain posted:

"You're so chill about everyone's bullshit it makes me so mad and then you won't extend even the slightest of that chill to yourself and that makes me EVEN SO MADDER."

i love this line so much

It's a pretty good line.

thechosenone posted:

Jupiter and Neptune

This is the pair I'm going with until the end of the game wherever relevant.

Not that I dislike Venus or anything just, I gotta pick two and I kinda wanna know what Jupiter's deal is but also Neptune amuses me. I'm kinda sad the game keeps forcing us to pick only two because I rather like all of our protagonists so far.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

Jupiter and Neptune

I said I'm sticking with this, so I am.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

Tollymain posted:

i think it's pretty clear already where the voting's gone

no gently caress that I vote Jupiter and Neptune

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

Jupiter and Neptune

I'm still sticking with this through thick and thin.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

This game is loving going places and I really want to see where.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

Tollymain posted:

buy the game!

I would have already if it was out on Steam!

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

but what is taking so long dammit let me give you my money without having to sign up for some dumb account on a website I will likely only use for this one game

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

Tollymain posted:

if you take one post about it so i can cross it off

I took the bottom one. I am now going to shotgun the whole game tonight, thanks a shitload!

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

the hell did I just play

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

Flac posted:

We Know The Devil, very fast apparently

It's not a very long game.

Tollymain posted:

probably one of the 4 endings?

there's 4 endings btw, all of them very different

I got all 4.

Well, that was fun. Enjoy the ride, guys!

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

Tollymain posted:

jesus, it's not long but it took me a full night to play through back when i got it :v:

I dunno, maybe I read fast?

it was a pretty enjoyable hour and a half mind you, so I don't really mind the brevity.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

Empress Theonora posted:

We Know the Devil is on Steam! For the decidedly un-Satanic price of $6.63.

Like, two days before I managed to snap up the free copy that was graciously given away. That's kind of faintly a shame because I was completely ready to chuck money at it the instant the game dropped on Steam.

should buy it for a friend or something to make up for that

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

Empress Theonora posted:

The end of the game is having seen all the endings.

Yeah, I had a similar reaction to seeing my first ending (blue for the record) of just pure "the gently caress did I just play, exactly? booo". But it really does come together more clearly in the other endings, it's pretty good like that.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

Keldulas posted:

And then Venus brushes it off like it's something he expects to happen, even from those he trusts

Wow poo poo, this game.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

I kinda want to know, is there like an asset dump of this game? Because the character art is pretty cool and I could go for using Neptune as an avatar or something.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

Flac posted:

don't think there is, and even if there was, the assets for the characters are bodies with blank faces, and their expressions are made up of completely separate assets that are placed over the face. you'd have to align the expression perfectly on your own to get what you want, so I assume it's not the best option for an avatar.

Funnily enough there was a bug where fast forwarding caused the facial expressions to gently caress up and this would happen:

Pfft, that's funny but also shame about the way the game handles this stuff. I'm bad at image editing and probably wouldn't be able to whack together something myself.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

I certainly enjoyed it and have managed to pass the love onto a few other friends via recommendation, so mission accomplished.

Cool thread OP, never would've found this game without it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

Grimwit posted:

Totally worth getting my twitter blocked by Aevee Bee (uh...don't ever tell her she looks like a young Malcolm McDowell)

hahahaha you hilarious dumbfuck

i doubt you meant that maliciously but loving hell dude

• Locked thread