Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

TEAYCHES posted:

As a moderate atheist I feel it is my duty to reject and denounce Sam Harris and Richard Dawkins.

Richard Dawkins is actually brilliant, but he's also a troll and very dishonest in the way he conducts himself and certainly doesn't argue in good faith.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

If there was a god, the Kardashians would have all died in a plane crash long ago and David Bowie would still be alive.

quote:

I think atheism is a fine option, just worthless as some kind of quasi social or intellectual movement, and normally the people obsessed with atheism are as insane as any insecure fundamentalist.

I dunno, to me there is something dangerous about religion's ability to make people just accept inequality and injustice. "They'll get what's coming to them in the next life/I'll be rich in the kingdom of heaven" or whatever. People wanting to pretend they'll live forever on clouds with harps isn't bad in a vacuum, but I hate that it lets the rich exploit dumb poor people who are willing to just "endure God's trials." Odds are this is all you get dumbass, make it count.

Nail Rat fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Jan 29, 2016

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

I mean everyone kills people, murders people, steals from you, steals from me, whatever

• Locked thread