Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Let me crush those hopes for you career-virgins. The job market is tanking faster than your mom on a friday night.

Everyone under the age of 45 is going to be a member of the pinkslip brigade. Hope you like bagging groceries for the rest of your pathetic lives!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Thanks

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

You're most welcome.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
Never fear the blowjob market's going full bull and OP's mom is leading the charge

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009
But I have a degree in English Lit! I'm cultured!

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Testikles posted:

But I have a degree in English Lit! I'm cultured!

if i could turn time back on those useless 4 years getting an english bachelors...

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Bernie Sanders suggests raising the minimum wage because he can't figure out how to make more jobs so he wants to turn minimum wage jobs into full time careers. But you get no promotions or an office.

I bet check out clerks get new fancy titles to make their meaningless lives feel important now.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I'm hoping somebody gives me a hand job OP. What do you say, wanna earn some spare change? Broke rear end OP.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Can't wait for Trump to become POTUS so all the jobs will disappear and the only way to make money is to help build the great Mexican wall for 5 pesos a day.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Society has overproduced components to the point where it has no place for them.

one of these overproduced and needless components is you

Laughing Man
Feb 11, 2008
I thought what I’d do was pretend I was one of those deaf mutes, or something...
I have a very rewarding 5 hour shift at the Burger King every other day so suck my dick Taint Reaper.

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

It's that...whaddya call it...when the economy evens out.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

I.C. posted:

deportation

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

I.C. posted:

despair?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I'm actually hoping to get a second job this year OP. But since I have a job now, getting a 2nd job will be easy as loving your mother.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

I'm actually hoping to get a second job this year OP. But since I have a job now, getting a 2nd job will be easy as loving your mother.

ok, its not going to be that easy

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009

Microwaves Mom posted:

if i could turn time back on those useless 4 years getting an english bachelors...

Don't feel bad. I'm sure the free-market would have hosed you either way.

You're a carpenter? Oh sorry, we only want experienced carpenters for this apprenticeship.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Oh whats that you want to be a fancypants medical doctor person? Did you know that foreign conglomerates can buy out American Hospitals and then are allowed to refuse to hire American Doctors to work there and will instead import their own from the other country? Because it's happening all over america and the foreign companies are all based in India.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Testikles posted:

Don't feel bad. I'm sure the free-market would have hosed you either way.

You're a carpenter? Oh sorry, we only want experienced carpenters for this apprenticeship.

programmers seem to do pretty decent. I woudl ahve gone into computer sciences. I could work for myself and make apps on the iphone that make farts sounds.

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009

Microwaves Mom posted:

programmers seem to do pretty decent. I woudl ahve gone into computer sciences. I could work for myself and make apps on the iphone that make farts sounds.

You could have went into data/network security and peddled some easy software for big bucks.

KennyLoggins
Dec 3, 2004
Welcome to the Danger Zone
can i be a walmart greeter instead of a bagger?

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The problem is the persistent predatory credit model that still exists despite laws and rulings against it. It's essentially supported by a consumer/corporate structure of interlocking directories that supports price fixing for a modern standard of living under the guise of market competition. Your mortgage, car loan, communications, utilities, insurance rates, and so on have become affixed to the bank, often with the vendor directly offering the consumer credit to get the item. The rates are set up so that a fairly high percentage of wage earners will default on one or multiple loans in their lifetime. And loan modification is set up so that wage earners will never achieve actual ownership for one or more of essential standard of living assets in their lifetime. Creditors know a certain percentage of people won't pay back loans. When the fed sets the interest rates, it's almost perfectly counter to this credited money that comes out of nowhere (artificial inflation) so that new money and gradual inflation that is supposed to represent the birthrate is essentially skimmed by corporations, leaving no real new money in circulation. This means either new people can't be born or adults die. It's a straight up conspiracy to murder people, lots of people. So you can a) raise the minimum wage and pardon cold blooded bankers and corporations who fully understand they are practicing population reduction or b) cap credit interest and either break up interlocking directories and consumer price fixing, or make convergent vital utilities public utility.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

KennyLoggins posted:

can i be a walmart greeter instead of a bagger?

Yea, you are probably handicapped enough.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

The problem is the persistent predatory credit model that still exists despite laws and rulings against it. It's essentially supported by a consumer/corporate structure of interlocking directories that supports price fixing for a modern standard of living under the guise of market competition. Your mortgage, car loan, communications, utilities, insurance rates, and so on have become affixed to the bank, often with the vendor directly offering the consumer credit to get the item. The rates are set up so that a fairly high percentage of wage earners will default on one or multiple loans in their lifetime. And loan modification is set up so that wage earners will never achieve actual ownership for one or more of essential standard of living assets in their lifetime. Creditors know a certain percentage of people won't pay back loans. When the fed sets the interest rates, it's almost perfectly counter to this credited money that comes out of nowhere (artificial inflation) so that new money and gradual inflation that is supposed to represent the birthrate is essentially skimmed by corporations, leaving no real new money in circulation. This means either new people can't be born or adults die. It's a straight up conspiracy to murder people, lots of people. So you can a) raise the minimum wage and pardon cold blooded bankers an corporations who fully understand they are practicing population reduction or b) cap credit interest and either break up interlocking directories and consumer price fixing, or make convergent vital utilities public utility.

That big key on your keyboard? No, not the space bar. The other one that says ENTER. Try pressing it occasionally. Alternatively you could use the other big key and just delete everything.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

The Taint Reaper posted:

Oh whats that you want to be a fancypants medical doctor person? Did you know that foreign conglomerates can buy out American Hospitals and then are allowed to refuse to hire American Doctors to work there and will instead import their own from the other country? Because it's happening all over america and the foreign companies are all based in India.

not a good troll because the AMA is too powerful to ever let this happen

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer
Tbh anyone whose soul identity is their job is a husk of a human.

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.
Well poo poo...

Pannus
Mar 14, 2004

Jukeboxblues posted:

Tbh anyone whose soul identity is their job is a husk of a human.

thta's true, but it's still pretty good to have job if you like having a place to live and food to eat

stump collector
May 28, 2007
no

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
no

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Guess you should have had a marketable skill OP

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

echronorian posted:

Guess you should have had a marketable skill OP

maybe he could try being a gigolo

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:
Reaping taints is lucrative business, I myself am getting my level 7 qualification this weekend.

I've already been headhunted by a Fortune 500 reaping firm, contingent on passing, wish me luck :)

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
Lipstick Apathy

The Taint Reaper posted:

I love you too Grandma, see you Sunday.

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
reading my cv is roughly equivalent to watching the movie "bloodsport"

every job ive ever had i took by breaking necks like busta rhymes

Odd
Dec 30, 2006

I think everybody just needs to maybe cool out a little maybe
I did get a job, i start on monday

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
Poor Doobie, doesn't stand a chance now.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
yeah im hoping to get a boob job and a butt job and a thigh job and a forehead job and then another boob job

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
"whats that you want to apply for this job? well feel free but regardless of your experience or qualifications for this job ill just be giving it to my nephew."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
if you get fired, you should kill yourself in front of your boss so they can live with that

• Locked thread