Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

In.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

##vote Tommunist His interaction with Podima elicits illicit feelings of deep-seated scumminess.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I believe Sam Vimes

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Podima posted:

:v: Yeah my tunneling on you was jokephase taken way too far with the help of alcohol. It WAS pretty funny that you died in like 4 games in 1 week though!

Kashuno is scum and here's why:
  • First game post claims n0 cop on me to immediately kill jokephase, which is a scummy move
  • Does nothing but tunnel me from there on for no better reason than "RNG" - look at his post history: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3761199&userid=190650
  • Walks back the cop claim under pressure but still claims a vig, which is not a 100% town-positive role
  • DON'T LIE AS TOWN!

Also bear in mind that multiple people who are playing in this game have barely checked in and I'm already at -2. Look very carefully at Jedit and SSV's pile-on votes - very poorly justified. Of course I was acting like an idiot but I'm not scum.

##vote kashuno

Oooooh, this post reeks of a scum who has been caught in jokephase and is desperately trying to turn the momentum. Lynch all liars is a terrible policy vote anbd easy to hide behind as super scum.

##vote Podima

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Also, snow sucks, and is awful, and is really heavy.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Podima posted:

I'm at -1 right? Please give me like a hour to finish getting into work so I can claim - it's a funny one.

Snow is real bad, and Kash, Grandi, and Jedit are probably scum for these pile-on votes btw

Pile on vote? You are flailing, my vote happened 5 posts after your "case" and was the post which prompted the vote. My vote was timely. You are trying to cast doubt on your lynch by casting shade on those voting you.

Aditionally, and the scummiest thing in your post, you mention Kash, Jedit and I in the same sentence with Snow, therefore trying to equivocate us with that evil fluffy white monstrosity. Please claim so I can disregard it and continue voting you. TIA

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

poo poo, pardon me while I eat my words, I have to consider that role in town space vs scum space and what role it could be covering for.

##unvote

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Podima posted:

Grandi - these are your two votes:

The first one is arguably joke phase but the second one is hilariously manufactured and fake when you reread it. This is you as scum trying to push a building mislynch.

Also the last time you posted this intently was in Smiley Mafia where you were scum and I hung you in a perfect game so :v:

P sure I wasn't in smiley mafia.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

That one sounds more familiar. I don't recall my alignment, but I'll trust you.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Grandicap posted:

That one sounds more familiar. I don't recall my alignment, but I'll trust you.

I mean, I don't recall my alignment in that game, I definitely recall it in this game. It is town.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Wait, why? We should not commute any lynches that occur today. We lose any info we could glean from a flip... Killing what little momentum this game would have at that point. That is bad.

I think we should still take out Podima. Governor is not really pro town, it removes the power from town's hands, the only power they have, the power of the lynch. It happens to be a traditionally town role, but it's it tends to stagnate the game, making it anti town. I don't know what a newbie mod would do as far as balancing the role in scums hand though, so I'm just going to vote with my heart here.

Podima is still my number 1 pick for the day so I am going to vote there, as deadline approaches, I will be more flexible.

##vote Podima

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

##vote Opop

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Podima posted:

This is a weird post and I think you're scum for it. Governor is totally a pro-town role.

How is taking the power out of town's hands pro town. If the town gets together and decides something, and you decide you know better... that is not pro town.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Kashuno posted:

this post.

What about it?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Yeah grandi that post is kinda scummy. If podima's role were real, it would absolutely be pro town.

Ok, the role was fake, and he is dead, so this is academic, but think about it for a moment.

The scum kill is the nightkill.
The counter to this ability is Doctor.
The scum win the game by killing town such that they are a majority of remaining players.
The scum kill furthers this goal.
The doctor hinders scum's ability to win the game.
The doctor is an anti-scum ability.

The town kill is the lynch.
The counter to this ability is a Governor.
The town win the game by killing all of the scum.
The lynch furthers this goal.
The Governor hinders the town's ability to win the game.
The Governor is an anti-town ability.

I mean you can talk about benevolent dictators and such, but the whole popular vote mechanic thing, that town controls through sheer numbers (uninformed majority), stopping a lynch is expressly "agains the will of the town". You know, because they voted for it...

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Opopanax posted:

:zombie: I'm not dead, I'm just resting

Wonderful plumage.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Jedit posted:

Except Podima was claiming an ability that would not hinder the Town, because as Town he would only save Townies. And as he said, the scum would probably want him dead for that reason - if he'd been telling the truth then they would have to kill him as soon as possible because when he did get flipped everyone he had saved up until that point would be confirmed Town. The only way scum stay ahead in that equation would be to kill him right away and kill whoever he saved on Night 2.

Of course as it turns out he was lying and his role was anti-Town, but that is why your Day 1 reasoning is Bad & Wrong.

Did I misread his claimed role? I thought Governor just stopped lynches, regardless of alignment. If it only stopped lynches on townies then it is:
A) Absurdly good
and
B) Made up

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Podima posted:

OK as promised.

I'm the First Judge from the Poofy Judges sketch - which I complained about not being captioned but I found a transcript so hoorah!

My role is a weird town-oriented combination of Governor and Lyncher - if I'm the final vote (bringing down the gavel, if you will) then the flip gets PMed to me before it's posted in the thread and I can choose whether to cancel the vote or not. That's why I put a clearly dumb vote down on Tommunist first thing, so that I could have an excuse for having my vote parked somewhere irrelevant while actual discussion went on and then hopefully swoop in at hammer. Unfortunately I'm an idiot and overplayed my hand because I was laughing too hard at Tommunist's poor luck, so here we are.

poo poo, I was wrong, he claimed he would be PMd the flip before he got to make the decision... wow, if I hadn't glossed over that I would have never unvoted. That role literally stops scum from being able to get mislynches. I would be surprised if that role were seriously put in any game ever.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I have no issue with the opop vote, Pod support nearly completely dried up after his claim. Since Pod was non-scum, it isn't like scum had an interest in pushing the vote elsewhere. Opop was as good a place to go as any.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

GulagDolls posted:

why you didn't say anything when it was happening.

why are votes that get the ball rolling (TRAINS DO NOT ROLL SSV....) more suspect than ones that finish the job? it feels weird and artificial to single kashuno and me out when the other votes had no more content attached

grandicap missing the reasoning for why we were voting the way we were yesterday (to test podima) each time it was explained (three times at least) feels fishy 2 me.

I voted opop because we were approaching deadline and there was no other choice for a target at the time. It wasn't to test pods claim, because stopping a d1 lynch is a lovely thing to do.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Kashuno posted:

Jedit is the vote fam.

Sell me on this Kash, why should I vote Jedit?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I don't think you are a good guy Jedit.
You are clearing people rather than interrogating people, not only that, you are doing so backhandedly giving yourself an out to vote them if the need arises.
Also, nearly confirmed town Kashuno is voting you...
##vote Jedit

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Kashuno posted:

Ohhhhh boy do I not like this post!

Oh come one, everytime I post anything someone says they don't like it. You know what, I don't like you and I don't like your avatar either.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I'm sorry Kash, I didn't mean it, I was just getting a little testy. This is the first game I've played in several months. I don't remember how to mafia.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Jedit posted:

Nobody's talking and I have to go to bed. :( May as well throw a claim out: I'm Arthur Name from the "Nudge Nudge" sketch, as I breadcrumbed earlier. I am of course Vanilla Town, because Arthur Name has never done it - know what I mean?

And I'm going to ##vote Grandicap for setting up an apathy lynch on the back of a case that is literally "well he's Town and he thinks you're scum".

No, that was the aside part of the case, not the main pillar. But whatevs, you're probs totes scum.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

SSV and AN cominbg in so close to deadline and dropping an impossible vote just strikes me as so scummy. Thre was no consensus building, they both dropped votes on candidates with no votes, either Jedit or me were way better possibilities.

##vote ANarc

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

When I made my vote this was the votecount. It's not like there really was a vote leader... Jedit only had one more vote than two others.

2 hours left, noone around and you dropped a vote on someone with 0 votes instead of 2/5 votes needed...

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I think that vote leader Jedit was scum, so scumbuddy AN tried to save his bacon by making an ineffective push.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Scum Jedit NK'd Kash to keep him quiet.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

It's all in front of you, open your eyes sheeple.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Because it's easy and noone is really engaged.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Jedit posted:

Yeah, I know.

OK, let's get on it. I have my thoughts about both ANarc and Grandi, but before I share them - imgay, are you willing to flavour claim?

Interested in where you are going with this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

GulagDolls posted:

##vote grandicap

whatever.

##vote Grandicap

whatever.

• Locked thread