Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Spanish Manlove posted:

What about sudoku puzzles?

No those are for sociopaths.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Nooner posted:

There is an electric box near my house that some gottamn hippie spray painted a big picture of a cow on and it says NOT YOUR MOTHER NOT YOUR MILK lol

Spray paint a dick shooting a load over it saying "not your father but drink up"

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

a starwar betamax posted:

No those are for sociopaths.

Ok, so what about the cryptoquip puzzles that are word cyphers?

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona

Nooner posted:

There is an electric box near my house that some gottamn hippie spray painted a big picture of a cow on and it says NOT YOUR MOTHER NOT YOUR MILK lol

holy gently caress lol what a fuckin tool. the cereal bar i went to was in santa cruz, ca downtown on pacific, can any sc goons confirm that it is still out of business so that my mind may be at peace

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Jukeboxblues posted:

Spray paint a dick shooting a load over it saying "not your father but drink up"

Actually just "drink up" would be better

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
I saw a commercial for "Creative Cats" coloring book and it was hysterical. I can't seem to find it online though.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Spanish Manlove posted:

Ok, so what about the cryptoquip puzzles that are word cyphers?

Those are for grandparents to stare at while they doze on painpills

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS
No biggie. Adult coloring books are just the gourmet cupcake of 2016.
Next year's stupid "thing that's been around forever, but with a cool new twist" fad is likely to be either crocheting cozies for your iPhone, or adult sized Big Wheels.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Those are for grandparents to stare at while they doze on painpills

Alright so what do you think about crossword puzzles but you fill them out with your left hand so it's really difficult to read and you'll mix up the letters "a" and "d" ???

PureEvil6_13
Jun 1, 2004

I LIKE PETA AND THINK THAT SCIENCE IS EVIL

LethalGeek posted:

Compared to furries, bronies, the usual BDSM crowd, and other sad sacks I've run into I can't even begin to get worked up about this.

Maybe leave the house once in a while then?

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer
My 16 yo sister and her friends like them, they generally seem targeted more at that age group. Ain't nothing wrong with them, definitely a better use of time than poo poo posting.

Pre-Cambrian Syndrome
Jan 6, 2006

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
what about anime?

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Luvcow posted:

what about anime?

It's for adults so it's ok

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

"Keep eatin and Rotor" :confused:

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Spanish Manlove posted:

Alright so what do you think about crossword puzzles but you fill them out with your left hand so it's really difficult to read and you'll mix up the letters "a" and "d" ???

Crossword puzzles are good because they are something I do avidly..

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

a hole-y ghost posted:

"Keep eatin and Rotor" :confused:

can you not read or something you dumb illiterate???? it says keep catm and gator

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Crossword puzzles are good because they are something I do avidly..

Cool! I like doing them too. But with my right hand. And in pencil, because I'm a wuss. Sometimes I forget to bring a pencil and do them in pen but it's nerve wracking.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

the great deceiver posted:

can you not read or something you dumb illiterate????
man these coloring pages are putting me back to being 4 years old again.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Drawing too many penises is my guess?

Obviously not black penises. The racist.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Alucard posted:

I just bought one of these adult coloring books - Most of my crayons are untouched but my flesh-colored one needs replacement.
I've got a flesh colored crayon but it doesn't get much use.

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
its interesting that this 'adults playing with toys' stuff gets called infantilization, yet the presence of play behavior in adults is a major characteristics that sets humans apart from other animals. human adults like to play because of the amazing cognitive and social capacities we have and the limitless potential for their growth. if you don't like adults playing with toys then be a cat.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Ocean Book posted:

its interesting that this 'adults playing with toys' stuff gets called infantilization, yet the presence of play behavior in adults is a major characteristics that sets humans apart from other animals. human adults like to play because of the amazing cognitive and social capacities we have and the limitless potential for their growth. if you don't like adults playing with toys then be a cat.

How 'bout I just be an adult instead

Fasdar
Sep 1, 2001

Everybody loves dancing!
Yeah while the individual people involved in this movement may be somewhat silly, the idea is sound. Basic creative activity and exercises that give simple feelings of completion are good for our spastic brains, no matter the age.

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

Luvcow posted:

what about anime?

like adult play behavior, also the result of neotony

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Ocean Book posted:

look at this post you made :roflolmao:

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
How does painting by numbers fit into this?

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

Nooner posted:

look at this post you made :roflolmao:

im glad you enjoy playing around on gbs :)

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*

ghlbtsk posted:

No biggie. Adult coloring books are just the gourmet cupcake of 2016.
Next year's stupid "thing that's been around forever, but with a cool new twist" fad is likely to be either crocheting cozies for your iPhone, or adult sized Big Wheels.

https://www.highrollerusa.com/

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Ocean Book posted:

Uhhh adult cats play with toys... dummy... idiot... fucker :blush:

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

So this is a joke right

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

So this is a joke right

like many things on the internet that looks like a joke, its actually not

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

So this is a joke right

$650 hahahahahahahahahah holy gently caress

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

Luvcow posted:

what about anime?

I was about to ask why manga publishers aren't just trying to hit a new market by selling their B&W manga as adult coloring books.

I know, I know, the manga audience would get really sickened by the offensive treatment of the original artform, but still, you sell it at a a narrative illustrated story and color in those things makes some of that money from people who don't typically go for manga.

jeff smisek
May 18, 2009

Pawn 17 posted:

i like to color

same

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Im reading this adult sized tricycle website and seriously.... just a` few years ago this would have been an unfunny snl skit. But now it is our reality.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Nooner posted:

$650 hahahahahahahahahah holy gently caress

the neat thing about the boomers loving the x'ers and millenials' childhoods is that some of the more astute x's and millenials are heartily cashing in on their brethren trying to experience what they think childhood was

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

Ocean Book posted:

ok then im a cat now meow meow *purrs*

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

the great deceiver posted:

ok then im a cat now meow meow *purrs*

:chloe:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot