Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Taxes?
Ya getting a nice refund.
I owe taxes and I want to die
The IRS can suck my loving BALLS
Trump 2016.
View Results

• Locked thread
H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Maggie Fletcher posted:

"Non poors" keep more money throughout the year, and save some up for their tax bill. Really savvy people make the right adjustments so that they break even and have a steady income all year long. I have not yet figured out the math to do this.

it is literally illegal to intentionally underpay and will eventually result in an audit followed by some p hefty fines

just so you know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I guess I got $750 since I didn't change the exemptions until I started my new job. Cool beans.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Juando290 posted:

I do, last year we were in the 15% bracket, this year we are in the 25% bracket. Seems pretty straight forward.
This is a joke, right?

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

ZombieParts posted:

I don't have a lot of experience with it, but isn't the SE tax pretty tough if you actually make any money?

If you're doing your own stuff and getting pounded on 25% of it's rough if you don't have any expenses. When you make more you have more options available to you to help make it manageable. When you are making more you're probably expending more too (yeah I know expense =/= free money irt taxes but if you're already paying for stuff like renting your own office space, getting it written off doesn't hurt) if you're making a ton more you can file as a s-Corp and "pay" yourself a paycheck that gets taxed separately rather than ALL income from your gig.

The way my accountant explained it though was s-Corp filing isn't really worth it if you're a solo runner and not making >70k

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."
I don't get my investment 1099s until March. Suck my taint, brokerage firm.

• Locked thread