Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
poopsock pals drool
lasagna lads rule

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

Enfield posted:

its not like im going to sausage websites i just bought a bunch of sausages once and i guess they interfaced with my computer. cheeky bastards

Maybe it just know you have an interest in grilling and other forms of fire?

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Cowboy Pope posted:

i think they just give that to everybody. you can't really have a celebrity culture if only people that care hear about it.

well an awful lot of modern celebrities are famous only by virtue of corporate media collaborating to make sure everyone knows their names whether they are worth knowing or not. the existence and persistence of contrived icons of entirely manufactured fame is pretty much the defining characteristic of the "pop" genre.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
I liked Fallout 4 and don't get all the hate.

It's a good exploration game. There's lots of places all over the map and just about all of them have something neat. Even if it's not a quest hub there's some kind of story. If it doesn't have a map icon there might not be anything like that, but there's always some sort of neat diorama made with corpses or at least a teddybear with a cigar placed on top of another teddbyear like they're loving.

If I have one problem it's that Bethesda games are always buggy as gently caress. I mean, why is that acceptable, why are bug complaints always like dead last on people's "A hundred things I HATE ABOUT FALLOUT 4!!!!!" list? Oh, haha, Bethesda games are just always buggy, you gotta accept it like we accept wacky Uncle Ted's endearing quirks (Nazi memorabilia, always wears an SS uniform, can't stop heiling Hitler). It's always lovely, it's always worse than the industry standard, it always takes them longer to fix them if they even bother, and they don't even have to worry about it because people accept it now.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

It's a good exploration game. There's lots of places all over the map and just about all of them have something neat. Even if it's not a quest hub there's some kind of story. If it doesn't have a map icon there might not be anything like that, but there's always some sort of neat diorama made with corpses or at least a teddybear with a cigar placed on top of another teddbyear like they're loving.

If I have one problem it's that Bethesda games are always buggy as gently caress. I mean, why is that acceptable, why are bug complaints always like dead last on people's "A hundred things I HATE ABOUT FALLOUT 4!!!!!" list? Oh, haha, Bethesda games are just always buggy, you gotta accept it like we accept wacky Uncle Ted's endearing quirks (Nazi memorabilia, always wears an SS uniform, can't stop heiling Hitler). It's always lovely, it's always worse than the industry standard, it always takes them longer to fix them if they even bother, and they don't even have to worry about it because people accept it now.

source your quotes

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Putty posted:

mr capps you are depressed

yes

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

haha look at this sucka defending something

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax
It is weird that bugs are acceptable to some people just because every bethesda game is buggy.

going by that reasoning, why are they perturbed by literally everything else about the game being bad

DenizenKane
Nov 6, 2013

Please. Go on.
Why did Bethesda even make the procedurally generated quests? They're ridiculously easy to program and you need like 5 of them, tops, before they are aggrivatingly boring.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

DenizenKane posted:

Why did Bethesda even make the procedurally generated quests? They're ridiculously easy to program and you need like 5 of them, tops, before they are aggrivatingly boring.

they want to trap you in an infinite gameplay loop that never stops, and never has anything actually happen.

do the quest, go back home and mash up all your aluminiums and plastics, and go clear abernathy farm again and repeat

Faux-Ass Nonsense
Feb 9, 2013

by Lowtax

wiffle ball bat posted:

lmao it's your tracking cookies telling facebook you read a bunch of dumb nerd poo poo about video games you dilhole

lol

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
I want that mod

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

TacticalUrbanHomo posted:

well an awful lot of modern celebrities are famous only by virtue of corporate media collaborating to make sure everyone knows their names whether they are worth knowing or not. the existence and persistence of contrived icons of entirely manufactured fame is pretty much the defining characteristic of the "pop" genre.

but enough about Azusa Miura of 765 Pro

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

*gently dislodges footstump from gigantic beartrap*

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

fallout 4 is a bad game for idiot manchilds, kill yourself if you disagree TIA

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

www posted:

its just a video game, calm down OP

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

wiffle ball bat posted:

lmao it's your tracking cookies telling facebook you read a bunch of dumb nerd poo poo about video games you dilhole

also this

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
they should bring paid mods back in my humble opinion

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Gilganixon posted:

fallout 4 is a bad game for idiot manchilds, kill yourself if you disagree TIA

u mad

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Cowman posted:

fallout 4 has settlements and to unlock them you have to do quests for them and they're automatically assigned when they are available and now there's a mod that removes the automatic assignment so you have to manually assign it.

I played 100 hours of Fallout 4 and I don't understand what this mod does or what the words you're saying mean.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

yes a little

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

bethesda used to make some of the best games that have ever been made but then they realised that it's far more profitable and takes less time to just make bad games instead, so I'm mad about that

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

Putty posted:

they should bring paid mods back in my humble opinion

Don't think there are any horses in Fallout. Can't make a realistic horse pussy mod if there isn't a horse.

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

BigBoss posted:

Don't think there are any horses in Fallout. Can't make a realistic horse pussy mod if there isn't a horse.

there's cows

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
fallout 4 is an ugly "open world" game that can't render half a dozen NPCs at once without tanking your frame rate

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Gilganixon posted:

yes a little

me too, to be honest

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
I just wish most quests didn't feel like Diablo 2 quests (go to this enemy filled instance, beat them all up including the super-enemy miniboss, leave). It makes the world feel more like a lovely MMO setup.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

PBS Newshour posted:

...but alas, the secret of the punchline was lost during the great cataclysm

A punchline? Isn't that what they call it when you say "triggered" or "milennial" over and over every time you get mad about something? :confused::confused::confuse:

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Sleeveless posted:

A punchline? Isn't that what they call it when you say "triggered" or "milennial" over and over every time you get mad about something? :confused::confused::confuse:

prtty much yeah

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

whoever wrote that thread title should die, btw

i talking to you, "the saurus"

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

King Vidiot posted:

I played 100 hours of Fallout 4 and I don't understand what this mod does or what the words you're saying mean.

I don't either tbh

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

i got an iphone 6s yesterday and downloaded fallout shelter, but all my peeps are hungry how do i fix this food problem??

also fallout shelter is a deeper and more thought out game than F4

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

A misanthrope posted:

prtty much yeah

i am pretty sure that thread somehow went on more than 20 pages and it wasn't all just posts making fun of the op somehow

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

PBS Newshour posted:

i am pretty sure that thread somehow went on more than 20 pages and it wasn't all just posts making fun of the op somehow

i hope the op of that thread remembers it randomly 10 years from now and feels really embarrassed

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

bethesda used to make some of the best games that have ever been made but then they realised that it's far more profitable and takes less time to just make bad games instead, so I'm mad about that

this is not accurate, it takes them about the same amount of time to make bad games, as it did for them to make good ones.

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

:lol: They've made a grand total of 1 (ONE) good game. Bethesda didn't change, their fanbase did. Toddy boy's open world themeparks are candycrush for the console people.

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

kikkelivelho posted:

:lol: They've made a grand total of 1 (ONE) good game.

probably accurate. I've never actually played TES I and II and was giving them the benefit of the doubt with those.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
morrowind sucks too

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
morrowind is pretty cool actually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise