Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

kikkelivelho posted:

Lol how can California be in a drought? You're next to a loving ocean. Are you blind? Don't you know that pumps exist? Maybe the east coast can truck some of that snow west bound since they can't seem to figure this poo poo out themselves.

ok, got it, your an idiot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

kikkelivelho posted:

Lol how can California be in a drought? You're next to a loving ocean. Are you blind? Don't you know that pumps exist? Maybe the east coast can truck some of that snow west bound since they can't seem to figure this poo poo out themselves.

It's not a real drought. It's just a bunch of dumbass almond farmers and inland empire hicks that don't know what their doing running out of water. Any place that actually matters is doing fine.

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

It's not a real drought. It's just a bunch of dumbass almond farmers and inland empire hicks that don't know what their doing running out of water. Any place that actually matters is doing fine.

Isn't it a bit harsh to claim that California doesn't matter?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

Yes it's always the stupid hicks ruining everything!

Now if you excuse me I shall return to my cardboard shack which I bought right outside of the bay area for barely 1 million bucks, it was quite the deal!

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
real question where do homeless people go during big storms? I'd go in the subway tunnels but I'm not homeless

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Toadvine posted:

real question where do homeless people go during big storms? I'd go in the subway tunnels but I'm not homeless

They have places for homeless people, the national Guard go around and pick them up so they don't freeze to death. Hotels, Schools, and regular shelters can act as places of refuge for situations like these.

The big problem though is that next to nobody checks cars and just assumes they're abandoned and quite a few have had people inside them and they wind up dead after a few hours in a frozen car. Or they try to keep warm by turning the car on and inadvertently breathe in exhaust because the snow doesn't allow it to go anywhere but back into the vehicle..

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Jan 24, 2016

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

ok, got it, your an idiot

Yeah I'm the idiot, not the guy who thinks you can't transport snow with trucks.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Toadvine posted:

They go to heaven

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

kikkelivelho posted:

Yeah I'm the idiot, not the guy who thinks you can't transport snow with trucks.

you move ice with trains not trucks idiot

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

you move ice with trains not trucks idiot

Please learn to read. I haven't mentioned ice once. And if you wanted to move ice, you'd obviously do it with a plane since it will stay cold in higher altitudes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
This storm will eliminate half of Texas's enemies. Now if we can just see more some seismic activity in the west...

• Locked thread