Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Signed up for FuboTV and am hype as gently caress for the premiere tomorrow.

Another Person posted:

if this show could get onto netflix like that other El Rey property on this pic it might actually take off because it is the perfect "1am stoner looking for something to watch in awe" programming. but it will never happen.

Shouldn't be that hard to get season 1 on some service unless they're asking for an arm and a leg for the rights. Netflix, Amazon and Hulu are hungry for content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
The Fubo count is going up. There's 70 people in chat for the premiere.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Blasmeister posted:

I missed everything before shao khan mil, did much happen in the intro?

Vampiro was in an insane asylum. He was picked up in the desert by Matt Striker. Fenix wanted to cash in his belt tonight but Catrina (the new owner) told him next week...if he still has it

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
This loving match :stare:

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

fart blood posted:

I can't watch because I don't have el Rey :(

fubo.tv

do the 24 free trial. they have el rey in 1080p. totally legit

https://www.fubo.tv/channel/el-rey-network

$9.99 a month after the trial is up

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Mulaney Power Move posted:

Isnt this el ray also the channel that just aired a godzilla movie marathon a f ew weeks ago?

i watched swamp thing the other night. it was rad.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

ZenVulgarity posted:

They tend to

Women aren't like weak little things to be broken on LU

Except that one time they had Big Ryck fight Sexy Starr. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmukFx3Ukmk

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
They played the replay directly after the original showing at 8 EST

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Or they just dubbed better sounding chop noises over top the original ones.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

fatherdog posted:

The only time I recall hearing Havok's voice being played with were the telenovella segments; they didn't seem to be doing any of that for the in-ring stuff.

They did it last night when he was talking in the ring before the match.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

StarkRavingMad posted:

Also, plenty of "gently caress Cornette" chants during breaks and before the show, which everyone (fans and staff and producers and Vampiro) seemed to get a kick out of.

Everyone please tweet this to Cornette so we can get a long term feud going between the two (even better if they actually hire him and put him in the Hernandez role) (even even better if it ends with Corny getting chased around the ring by fans with belts)

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Boo mo-cap. I wish we could get a new wrestling game with a good animator doing the moves. AKI's moves were brutal looking.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Is that a WWF comic book reference with the guy wearing the hotrod shirt? I could swear a kid in that comic (was it the granny one with the nasty boys and bushwackers?) wore one.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Ghidzilla posted:

Forgive my ignorance here but what exactly is Sexy Star's rationalization for getting a Hogan-ish big head and refusing to job?

She held the title for over a year and only got booked to lose it after she complained publicly about what a pointless title it was.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
I'm a bit behind but Tiger Man vs Snake Woman was horrid.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

AKA Driver posted:

Nice to know that LU is now considered a selling point of Los Angeles:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xL9kPmXUckg

(Skip to 1:45).

More shocking...was that Puma doing the Angelico jump from the top of the office?

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Chris James 2 posted:

WrestlingInc saying they've been told LU's close to a Hulu deal; 2 seasons with a 3rd option http://wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2016/0330/609135/lucha-underground-close-to-signing-deal-with-top-streaming/

Not as good as getting a Netflix deal in terms of exposure but a pretty big coup for wrestling fans. $7.99 (or $11.99) a month gets you Lucha Underground, Raw, Smackdown, Main Event, Superstars and NXT (plus NXT specials)

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
There's a rumor that (major spoiler) prince puma was killed off during the season 3 tapings and they're going to release him from his contract so he can go to WWE

Pretty big blow if it's true but as long as they have Pentagon Jr, I think they'll be ok. He's the true star of Lucha Underground.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
A Netflix deal would be game changing. That would make them leap frog over NJPW as the number two promotion in the world IMO. Hopefully they are prepared to capitalize on it with merchandising (way more than they currently have)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Capsaicin posted:

Season 3 season pass is now available on iTunes.

I still don't understand why they don't put this up on any other VOD store.

• Locked thread