Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
And it's Calgary up next for Dallas, another team that has won the last 15 odd games in a row against the Stars despite being awful by any measure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Dallas fans, chill, you'll be okay dudes, you got a big points cushion. Relax.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Top Hats Monthly posted:

The Stars have missed the playoffs with big point cushions before.

I seem to recall there was one year in 2010 or 2011 where the Stars were #1 or #2 in the NHL in mid January and finished 10th in the conference after an epic losing streak through February and early March. That team was really bad by the numbers the whole year though, so it just went down as one more high PDO fraud team.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

https://www.twitter.com/JoshBogorad/status/691103236225310721

:negative:

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Starsfan posted:

The Stars have missed the playoffs with big point cushions before.

I seem to recall there was one year in 2010 or 2011 where the Stars were #1 or #2 in the NHL in mid January and finished 10th in the conference after an epic losing streak through February and early March. That team was really bad by the numbers the whole year though, so it just went down as one more high PDO fraud team.

I'm not saying the Stars are going to perform great in the playoffs, especially considering their style of play, but I do think with this large a lead, the ship will eventually be righted. The Wild on the other hand...

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

yeah. This might not actually be the most one sided game the Stars have played against the Avs in that stretch and lost. I swear there was one where we put up 50 shots on them.. maybe I'm not remembering correctly.

This is when a move needs to be made to shake up the room. There's not a lot on the Stars that isn't either worthless or too valuable to be traded, but if they can make a good deal for a guy like Cody Eakin then they should do it now.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Dallas has this thing in many sports recently where their teams inspire hope before yankin the carpet out from underneath them. 2011 Dallas Mavs are the sole exception.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...
Avs got another game back on the WIld today. The top three aren't really within striking distance so this is the last big hurdle we can cross.

mich
Feb 28, 2003
I may be racist but I'm the good kind of racist! You better put down those chopsticks, you HITLER!
Preds are up 2-1 on this super weird goal.

https://twitter.com/TomAWillis/status/691111232695312384

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
The Coyotes... own???

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...

Pungry posted:

The Coyotes... own???

Yeah, that was impressive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
Yay Habs, yay Preds. Today was a good hockey day.

• Locked thread