Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord
i really wish this was just the onion, but its real. a few months ago i would have thought this sort of thing would have to be impossible, but oh well.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-idUSKCN0V10WN posted:

reuters: Confident Trump says could 'shoot somebody' and not lose voters

U.S. Republican front-runner Donald Trump expressed confidence on Saturday that he could push back attempts by his rivals to knock him off his top perch, saying he could stand in New York's Fifth Avenue "and shoot somebody" and not lose voters.

Trump and Texas Senator Ted Cruz, Trump's chief obstacle to a victory in Iowa's Feb. 1 caucuses, held competing rallies across the state while in New Hampshire, other candidates battled for votes in that state's Feb. 9 first-in-the-nation primary.

Trump, the New York billionaire and former reality TV star who has been virtually impervious to attacks from his opponents, pushed the limits of his political rhetoric again in Sioux Center, Iowa.

"I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose any voters," he said.

and yet this won't do any damage to him at all. it's kind of like if leonard j crabs decided to run for president and was serious enough that he did well

i don't think there's anything he can do to derail himself; he could say the n-word and he'd still be fine

That Robot fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Jan 24, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
that guy is the head of a major corporation

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

That Robot posted:

he could say the n-word and he'd still be fine
his voter base would privately or publicly support him even more for having the courage to be proud of being white

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Donald Trump would gain voters if he started shouting out the n word

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Volume posted:

gain some, but lose alot

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Volume posted:

if he did this while shooting people there'd be an upswell of vehement support

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
Trump sticking around is the best thing to happen to the Democratic Party since the southern strategy

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
can you put his name in the title of threads about him so i don't click them on accident

old fat bird
Oct 27, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

dad gay. so what posted:

that guy is the head of a major corporation

the guy he ends up shooting however

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
He's not wrong. His entire campaign is openly and brazenly built on the fact that his voter base literally does not care about facts, reality, or any criteria other than DONALD TRUMP.

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

I think he's talking about shooting a criminal in this specific case. Not much different than what american cops do every day. Being a president is a dangerous job so you should know how to kill someone if the situation demands it. Trump is also right, I don't think anyone can argue that killing someone would affect his popularity in any meaningful way.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

gain some, but lose alot

50% of the republican party honestly believes Obama is a Muslim Kenyan. He would lose none.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
trump: tough guy
putin: so macho and tough havent you seen the pictures? a true leader
reagan: so tough that how the iran hostage crisis was resolved was that the terrorists were scared of him and just surrendered right before he was inaugerated and this is really how i think the crisis was resolved
obama: omg did you see how far down he bowed? he is making america look weak!

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I'm not sure what the "n-word" means OP

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
If he shot Hilary I'm pretty sure he'd be canonized as a saint.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
looks like hes played the 'race' card herehahah

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
*ironicaly shows joker card to d. trump to rapturous apluause*

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Bernie is still my number one choice for what is essentially the most important political position in the world, but I have to admit that Trump has made a very strong case for himself. I certainly wouldn't complain if he became president. Hell, maybe he'll give those new Canadian oil pipelines a go, god knows we need them right now. Really I would take most people over Hillary, who has not convinced me at all.

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer
I hope he says "You've been fired!!!" to the gun after he shot a person with it just like that reality tv show he is in "Celebrity Dentist"

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

kikkelivelho posted:

Bernie is still my number one choice for what is essentially the most important political position in the world, but I have to admit that Trump has made a very strong case for himself. I certainly wouldn't complain if he became president. Hell, maybe he'll give those new Canadian oil pipelines a go, god knows we need them right now. Really I would take most people over Hillary, who has not convinced me at all.

she needs to get her vagina out more, to rapturous aplause

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

TRUMP! TRUMP! TRUMP!

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

the catharsis president

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts
he's like some bad movie's sleazy businessman villain, only in that case, he would have been saying it while privately gloating to the hero who was secretly recording it for everybody to hear in horror and turn against him

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Trump should just give Gordon gecko's speech at his next outing

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Trump's joke about killing a random stranger to demonstrate his own power is exactly the kind of tough leadership America needs.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

i hope that he wears a golden suit every day that he's president

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
If Obama had said it in 2012 nobody would've batted an eye. I think it's called a joke.

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Omi-Polari posted:

Trump's joke about killing a random stranger to demonstrate his own power is exactly the kind of tough leadership America needs.

Obama's soft approach to politics has been beneficial during more peaceful times, but now that Putin is recreating a new, polarized cold war like zeitgeist, we need someone with the strength and willpower to resist him. I think this is where Trumps true strength lies in: Unlike Obama or Hillary, he is willing to go toe to toe even with someone as ruthless as Putin. Trump has also made it clear that IS should be stopped by any means necessary. Something that Obama would never be willing to commit to.

BLARGHLE
Oct 2, 2013

But I want something good
to die for
To make it beautiful to live.
Yams Fan

Beef Turret posted:

If Obama had said it in 2012 nobody would've batted an eye. I think it's called a joke.

Obama can't say "Hi" without the republican party calling him a muslim terrorist traitor, so no, I don't think he could have gotten away with this joke.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Beef Turret posted:

lol can you imagine

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

Beef Turret posted:

If Obama did it NOboooooody would freak the gently caress out, people are soooooo chill about everything Obama does. Good observation based on truth and reality.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

BLARGHLE posted:

Obama can't say "Hi" without the republican party calling him a muslim terrorist traitor, so no, I don't think he could have gotten away with this joke.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDocnbkHjhI

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

That Robot posted:

i don't think there's anything he can do to derail himself; he could say the n-word and he'd still be fine

Trump would never dream of having Nader for a running mate.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

oldpainless posted:

I'm not sure what the "n-word" means OP

Ne'er-do-well. Obama is a ne'er-do-well.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
People keep forgetting that Obama's mom is white.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

amityville anus posted:

Ne'er-do-well. Obama is a ne'er-do-well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77sPKCc4SS0

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Trump would never give an apology tour

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

man running for position that will have him destroying humans by the tens of thousands and ordering targeted assassinations as routine: yeah i could just kill a dude

world: no poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

kikkelivelho posted:

Obama's soft approach to politics has been beneficial during more peaceful times, but now that Putin is recreating a new, polarized cold war like zeitgeist, we need someone with the strength and willpower to resist him. I think this is where Trumps true strength lies in: Unlike Obama or Hillary, he is willing to go toe to toe even with someone as ruthless as Putin. Trump has also made it clear that IS should be stopped by any means necessary. Something that Obama would never be willing to commit to.

where are you reposting these from?

• Locked thread