Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
your vita is broken, you broke it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
Axiom Verge ever come out? (for vita?)

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Annath posted:

Not yet.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Annath posted:

Midjack posted:

Not yet.

I thought it was cancelled?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Wamdoodle posted:

I thought it was cancelled?

Galak-Z got cancelled. Last I heard on Axiom Verge the guy was waiting on some new dev tools from Sony. That was months ago, though.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Midjack posted:

Galak-Z got cancelled. Last I heard on Axiom Verge the guy was waiting on some new dev tools from Sony. That was months ago, though.

I knew I was misremembering. Thank you.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
At this point, the portion of people who want to buy Axiom Verge but couldn't play it on PS4 or PC has got to be pretty small.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
that list is probably a literal 0

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Axiom Verge isn't particularly good outside of the art style anyway.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

kogane-chan is cool she reminds me of like a seiken densetsu character

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

bloodychill posted:

At this point, the portion of people who want to buy Axiom Verge but couldn't play it on PS4 or PC has got to be pretty small.

I'd rather have it on a handheld and don't particularly feel the need to play it otherwise, personally. it'll probably be a ps+ game someday anyway

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Axiom Verge Vita would probably just be Cross Buy with the PS4 version anyway.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
PV for Takaki's newest game, Uppers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZrOCtgk_Uc

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Gonna get a face-full of life!

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

was geared up to post "where are the baps?" but then i got halfway through the video

alt joke: wow, they were able to license Knock Out Monkey (Oh No)?

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Holy poo poo, that dude got punched into a helicopter!

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

was geared up to post "where are the baps?" but then i got halfway through the video

alt joke: wow, they were able to license Knock Out Monkey (Oh No)?

Not ony that, it seems KOM is doing the full soundtrack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiyMiNFQfC8

https://twitter.com/kenichiro_taka/status/686763894551924737

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i assumed the band name and title were reversed.

i'd like to make fun, but if someone asked me to do the soundtrack for a game like this i would be psyched.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
As usual the framerate is... kinda chugging, but if they manage to make the combat fun (despite saying they're aiming for simplicity) then I'm sure it'll be fine.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

kirbysuperstar posted:

If you can get past Knytt Underground's astonishingly bad character art. gently caress.
Yeah, he should've stuck to pixel art.

Butt Ghost posted:

Why is Knytt Underground rated M?
Because Nifflas is a swede who doesn't give a gently caress about american conventions and has in his games always stuck to doing his own thing.

bloodychill posted:

Personally i don't want to play it, but i'll play it if it arrives on vita, because i can't be arsed to get a ps4 or spend cash for the pc version.

Edit: I love how colorful Uppers is. :catdrugs:

Mithaldu fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Jan 25, 2016

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/kenichiro_taka/status/691476114703671296

So it seems Uppers will have a guest character code named " the strongest paisem"

I will LOSE MY poo poo if is Dai

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

What's the best Mystery Dungeon-esque game for Vita? I feel like SoA is never going to give me Chocobo's Dungeon 2 or Torneko: The Last Hope in the shop.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

zenintrude posted:

What's the best Mystery Dungeon-esque game for Vita? I feel like SoA is never going to give me Chocobo's Dungeon 2 or Torneko: The Last Hope in the shop.

Zettai Hero Project, isn't it? Well, I think that's technically a PSP game, but whatever.

Rusty Kettle
Apr 10, 2005
Ultima! Ahmmm-bing!
Broken vita status: I can connect to the store about 25% of the time when I restore the database. But then I get timeout issues about 5 seconds after I try to look at my download history, meaning I can only look at the first twenty entries or so. Most of those are things I cannot download on a vita anyway. Why list poo poo you cannot download? It does no one any good.

Also the 'Download to my vita' button on the web store seems to do nothing.

Is anyone at Sony fixing this or are they just tossing the platform in the garbage?

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

zenintrude posted:

There's also Shiren the Wanderer 5 Plus but only in Japan. Maybe NISA or Atlus will localize it someday?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That Curry one is okay but too easy.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Don't think they will be localizing Shiren 5 at this late juncture.

Also, hello Vita thread. I thought it weird when I couldn't find it anymore on my bookmarks. I salute Policenaut, the man, the hero, :patriot:

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Oh, and we are forgetting Crypt of the Necrodancer!

Here's a video of the Vita version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIG1p-KPvqM

(skip the first 15 seconds or so)

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Rusty Kettle posted:

Broken vita status: I can connect to the store about 25% of the time when I restore the database. But then I get timeout issues about 5 seconds after I try to look at my download history, meaning I can only look at the first twenty entries or so. Most of those are things I cannot download on a vita anyway. Why list poo poo you cannot download? It does no one any good.

Is anyone at Sony fixing this or are they just tossing the platform in the garbage?

I haven't had problems like this. Your vita may be messed up. If it's under warranty try to get a replacement.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Uh, when hardware can do everything except connect to one bit of the Internet (the store in this case) it's very unlikely to be a hardware issue that will get solved by getting a replacement unit.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Rusty Kettle posted:

I've had that happen for about 2 weeks straight and then suddenly resolved itself without a firmware update so it was likely my vita to router connection causing the problem :v

If anything could help: power cycle the thing, usually seems to resolve most problems.

EPIC fat guy vids fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Jan 25, 2016

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

Rusty Kettle posted:

That thing is a hilarious troll. It does work, but will work somewhere inbetween instant and 48 hours. You can force it to trigger by entirely rebooting the vita, but even then it can take up to an hour after the reboot for the vita to figure out something was queued for it.

Also, router reset might help. Do you have multiple vitas on your net?

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

A video that I feel is relevant to this thread. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4h6get_siUs

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Junpei Hyde posted:

A video that I feel is relevant to this thread. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4h6get_siUs

is she talking about the ps vita handheld video gaming system?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Poetry, that was.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Junpei Hyde posted:

Fred Armisen is really taking the death of the Vita hard

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
A Knight. A Motherfucker.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
As impenetrable as the amazon.

And Just as unfuckable.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Mr Phillby posted: