Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
This thread should be brown, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Gotta say Uncharted: GA has some incredible graphics. Are these the best the system offers?

Liking the game, other than the shooting sections and the pointless plot. But the rest is okay.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Ruggington posted:

So you only like the part where you climb up things and look at them

I like rubbing things and doing puzzles, too. And looking for treasure and taking pictures.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Rusty Kettle posted:

Yep. Updated this morning.

I reformatted the memory card, the system and started from scratch. The drat thing is still stuck in "please wait".

More info: I cannot see the store or the PlayStation network part of settings, but I can see my messages in messenger and the internet test says I connect to PSN. Dumb as poo poo.

I had stuff in my DL queue for my PS3. Once I cleared the queue, I was able to connect on my Vita. Probably a coincidence.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
gently caress. That game looks loving awesome. Oh, under 80 on loving metacritic. Well, that's a loving disappointment. gently caress gently caress.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Since the firmware update, my Vita battery seems to be draining much quicker.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
My Vita battery has gone to poo poo since the firmware update. Before, I could leave it in a sleep/standby for days with no problem. Now the battery dies over night. Anyone else notice this issue?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Mithaldu posted:

When sleeping your Vita, always hit the home menu button first. PSP games particularly remain running even with the screen off if you sleep the vita in the game itself.
Play PE3 instead. It's actually pretty good on the vita due to the extra stick.

This is with everything closed. At the home menu. I tested it like this to make sure it wasn't a game in the background that was causing the issue.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
My battery life is hosed, too. I went from standby for many days, never tested, to less than half a day. I haven't even played a game since the patch because the two times I grabbed it to play, the battery had died. So then I started testing and am getting pretty much the same results as you.

Stupid firmware patch. Also, it looks like this has happened with other people with previous patches.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
When Sony has put out a hosed up Vita patch in the past, how long has it taken them to unfuck it?

Or am I just hosed?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Thanks to whoever it was that pointed out that the new Vita patch is leaving wifi on and causing the battery to drain. That seems to have fixed things.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I finished Uncharted Vita. It wasn't bad.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Are the characters from P4 in P2, as well? What about other games? Same locations? Or is it just one of those things where Chie is just in the games.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

The Colonel posted:

i'm kinda confused about what you're asking, but persona 2 is two games about this person

Read through the comments on the previous page.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Been playing Tearaway. What a charming little game. As good as advertised.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
So tearaway was great except for the stupid glitched level that is preventing me from getting a plat trophy.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Wamdoodle posted:

Which one? I was able to plat it. My only plat, in fact :3:

I got it. My first plat, too. Woulda been The Witness if the end wasnt' so stupid. Anyway, it was the last scrap on caverns. For some reason the end sequence before the drill/rocket didn't start when I got in the rocket. It worked on the 4th try. But hey, all done.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Saoshyant posted:

I wish I had a 16 GB card. Every time I say "ok, this is it, I'm gonna get a bigger memory card", I stare at the prices and go buy another game instead. I just can't logic it away somehow even though it would improve my Vita experience.

Why not just import one from Japan? I got a 64 gb for about $70 or so.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I bought the booby game preoder.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

BisterdDave posted:

Just got my Estival Versus preorder cancelled and refunded from Deepdiscount.com in case anyone else was hoping the pricing error would actually go through.

Same here, I am thinking of raising a stink about it. It's very poor customer service to not honor a price. If they were out of stock, that's one thing. But for a preorder they can't really say that.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
This video game talk is way over my head.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Kinda looks like a dude. Well, it does look like a dude.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Super No Vacancy posted:

waltzing along shouldnt be allowed to post here after killing the last thread

Wait...what?

I feel proud yet confused at the same time.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Baal posted:

How much does a nice new vita cost anyways I've been meaning to replace my current one since it's old and the newer ones have nicer screens.

No. The older ones have the nicer screens.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
My Vita DL speeds are always fine. I grabbed 4 games from the flash sale last night that clock in at about 5 gigs total. Took less than an hour I think. Perhaps a tad more.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I will be in Japan soon. Anything I should keep an eye out for?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

The White Dragon posted:

brah i was so bummed, it rained like hell both sundays we were there so i didn't get to see them walking around. i even brought my own super-small extras to wear :v:

I vaguely remember seeing this. It's in a park, right?

I will be in Tokyo on one Sunday. The 17th, I believe.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Any Japanese only Vita games that an English speaker should keep an eye out for other than Boob Beach Volleyball?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
What games?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Slur posted:

I suggest playing the first two Trails in the Sky games first to gain some context going in. If you already have, then I recommend booting this game up right away.

Aren't there 3?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Anyone play Trails of Cold Steel on both Vita/PS3 and have thoughts?

And duh, of course the PS3 graphics will be better.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Ah, I have both versions on hold at two different GS. Just not sure which to pick up. Both are the Lionheart version and the Vita one is a few bucks more.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
It is a good point. OTOH, I did just finish Ni No Kuni and didn't really have a problem with it.

The earlier Legend of Heroes games are Vita only which makes me want some consistency, even though I haven't played any of them. Really, I just have a $25 gift card for GS that I want to get rid of. I almost never buy anything there and this is a game that does not look like it will drop in price by much. I could see it on a Flash sale for $20 at some point, though.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Katana Gomai posted:

Has anyone done the math on how feasible it would be to have a complete EU/US physical Vita collection? There can't possibly be more than 300 games for it, maybe even less than 200 in Europe

Are there any limited/rare games out there? Seems like it would pretty easy to get everything for, on average, retail price.

https://www.pricecharting.com/console/playstation-vita?sort=highest-price

Looks like the only slightly pricey games are alternate editions. So yeah, shouldn't be any problem to get a full set.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

:vince:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I need the Nick Cage eye boobs game.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Looks like Odin Sphere + Vita is a thing that unless you already have it, it's not happening except on the aftermarket.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Megalixir posted:

What are you talking about?

Sold out at BB. Amazon only has 3rd party sellers. GS is pretty barren, too.

In other words: if you don't already have it, it's not going to be easy to get unless you pay more than retail.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
There are two games coming out that I think look interesting. I am wondering if they are good or not.

Psycho Pass
Shiren the Wanderer.

PP is a VN that is out in Japan, but I can't seem to find any info other than that. And it's based on an anime.
Shiren looks kinda Zelda-like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

ayukawa posted:

So far I only have two complaints about Estival Versus.
This assumes we all know the benefits of button mashing in that game series.

First, said as a life-long practitioner of martial arts, unrestrained breasts of that size would be impossible to fight effectively with.
I mean, I only have B, and those can be a problem if not restrained in any engagement requiring more than just basic defensive work.
This I can get past by reminding my self, they must be channeling their Ki/Chi to harden them up during times when they need them to be more like steel and less like water-balloons.

Second, which is unforgivable, is when one of the characters is instructed by her master to go forth, learn English, and spread the word of Ninjitsu to the rest of the world. I understand it is a localization, but why would they replace English with French in the Subtitles? She is obviously speaking English in the actual voice track. They consistently use the word 英語, not the フランス語.
It made it near impossible for me to accept that part of the story. And, I have been put a lot of work into just accepting that story.

Just some thoughts is all.

This isn't a real post, is it? There is no way you could really expect a post about hardening up your boobs to go unnoticed.