Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Baal posted:

I am making an actual thread for the Vita when I get home, this op is unacceptable

Can you make it so that the word titties can only be used 2 times per person per page + non vita anime chat is strictly forbidden

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Junpei Hyde posted:

Thanks for the support, as you can see I put a lot of effort into it.

Should I play Final Fantasy Tactics or try and actually get through Steins Gate?

It's kind of crazy how long it takes for Steins Gate to get going but it's really good once it does

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It was just weird when the old thread would turn into anime chat megathread out of nowhere for like two pages

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

noirstronaut posted:

Should I train myself to give a gently caress about digimon

There were dark times when I was like 10 where you had to choose between Pokemon and Digimon (the main argument Digimon likers made was that it actually came first and Pokemon copied it which we all foolishly believed)

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Like a third of my vita hours are in Spelunky

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The game with the best graphics is remote play

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Cake Attack posted:

i am willing to bet they'll sell the vita version after letting it be backer exclusive for a while.

I guess I don't know how good this game is supposed to be but I can't really imagine a $225 tier getting more than like 50 people pledging to it so it's would be kind of silly to keep it backer exclusive

How does making a Vita game backer exclusive even work? Wouldn't they need to get it on the PS store to give it to the backers in the first place (at which point you might as well just let everyone buy it)

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

lol

(from this)

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

They removed the minimum spending thing sometime last year I'm pretty sure (in the UK at least)

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Make sure to copy/paste Policenaut's giant game list

I'm pretty sure it helped me during that dark time of my life where I was deciding whether or not to buy a Vita

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Can we ban that smiley I hate it

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It's just weird how narrow DT's taste in video games are

I mean he clearly likes beat em ups and there are much better ones than Senran Kagura

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Endorph posted:

lol @ all these people who are insanely mad that a dude likes vita games in the vita thread

I don't know that I'm insanely mad but I'd just like DT to know that Kazuma Kiryu's loving embrace beats all the titties in the world

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I recognise the PS4, Vita and VR

Can I play Persona 4 on the gun

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Junpei Hyde posted:

Persona 4 VR edition.

Feel what it's like to really date chie.

I haven't seen anything that's made me want to spend like £400 on VR

until now

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

VR is 100% going to be a trainwreck right or do I just have a poor understanding of the video game industry

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Slur posted:

This is by far the most depressing thing I've seen in 2016.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It's Troy Baker until Persona 4 Arena because I think that's when he was getting roles in stuff like Bioshock Infinite/Last of Us etc

Matthew Mercer does a very good Troy Baker impression though which means he should probably be the second most successful English VA right now but maybe that's not how it works

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

i should have linked them to this thread. now i feel like a jerk.

It's good you didn't, Mayushii☆ has at least 12 husbands in this thread

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Am I allowed to be a punk if I don't have giant boobs

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Can't you get life in prison or w/e if you think about drugs in Japan

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Did anything ever happen with those rumours of a Vita XCOM because I'm in the mood for that kind of game + sad that I can't play the sequel because I don't have a gaming PC

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I'm not buying it because it'll probably be mediocre + the boob stuff in it is dumb

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Schrodingers cat posted:

There's boob stuff in it? I just saw a bunch of dudes punching each other.

You can grope the women cheering you on for a power boost or w/e

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Maybe I'll finally play Tales of Symphonia + Graces f which I bought on sale like two years ago + never started

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Regy Rusty posted:

Okay thanks!

Now to start researching what other Vita games I might want to get down the road. Currently my list is made up pretty much entirely of Falcom games

If you like visual novels like the Ace Attorney games you would probably like Virtue's Last Reward/Danganronpa 1 + 2/Stein's Gate

If you like JRPGs Persona 4 is probably still the best game on the system (There's also the FFX/X-2 remasters if you haven't played them on PS3 or PS4)

The Vita has a lot of indie ports like Spelunky/Binding of Isaac/Hotline Miami/Nuclear Throne/Rogue Legacy etc. (Crypt of the Necrodancer is out tomorrow I think and that's supposed to be good) They generally have some minor framerate issues but it's really nice to have portable version (especially with Spelunky/BoI)

If you like rhythm games + anime/vocaloid stuff the Project Diva games + Persona 4 Dancing All Night are both really good

The Vita has a lot of Monster Hunter clones since that series is on 3DS now. There's Toukiden/Freedom Wars/Soul Sacrifice/maybe more. They're generally never really as good as MH but they're there I guess (God Eater 2 is supposed to be really good)

Misc stuff that's pretty good - Gravity Rush/Earth Defense Force/Everybody's Golf/Wipeout/Lumines/Rayman Origins/Legends/TxK

The Atelier games are supposed to be good I think

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

When is it short hair day

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

bloodychill posted:

"what is epitasis watching on crunchy roll right now" soliloquies.

I don't understand why he does this either

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Some people have a weird obsession with breaking RPGs so they're super easy and it seems like it would suck all the fun out of it

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I'm very bad at it and keep dying in Zone 2 but Crypt of the Necrodancer is a good game you should buy for your Vitas and PS4s

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

SpacePig posted:

Is this cross-buy as well? I'd really like to be able to play it on either whenever the mood strikes me.

Yep, there's cross save and stuff too which is nice (Nuclear Throne didn't have this for some reason)

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Why do they even bother to sell the Xbox One in Japan

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

In the credits of Crypt of the Necrodancer I saw the name of the Danganronpa guy and apparently Japan got a crossover

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-WRkPwH1R0&t=115s

Does anyone know if this stuff is actually available in the English versions/how do I get it immediately because I can't really find anything on google

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Make sure to play Welcome Park to learn about cool features like the rear touchpad and camera + sign up to Near to connect with nearby Vita owners

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

No but I don't think I've ever played a Vita game online (the only one I can even think of is Killzone)

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

What's with those glasses

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Yakuza is also leagues above Senran Kagura though

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Ruggington posted:

And depending on what you think of tigers and bears it has all of those things

Yakuza Dead Souls definitely has big rear end demons but I guess that one really is a different genre

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Kefka is the best villain of all time especially in my romhack where he says gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Motto posted:

this is the vita thread, not marriage counseling

That's a shame, I need advice on what to do with no more Persona 4 spinoffs on the horizon