Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Wow that last thread turned into a disaster real fast.

So question, does that trick for getting PSP and PSONE classic games that haven't been for vita still work or has Sony patched that to to stop people?

Obligatory (I guess) anime portion of post.

I rather liked Sword Art Online, cause I liked the concept behind it, soft-cyberpunk world people getting trapped in VR, it's why I loved .Hack and Summer Wars (for the soft Cyberpunk battle in an MMO space that that was all about. I also genuinely liked ReadMe by Neil Stephenson). I hated that it became like a Harem anime towards the end of that and Asuna got a raw deal the longer the first two parts went on. I haven't watched much of the Gun MMO season cause I wasn't around a lot when Adult Swim, or I guess it's back to being Toonami now, was playing it. But I'm a sucker for liking something just because of it's concept, like the Neptunia games. I played Rebirth 1 for a little bit on my PC thanks to :filez: and while not stunning I was sold super hard on the idea of a personified 90s console wars (and will probably pick them up for vita). But that's probably some latent nostalgila of my youth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

MAKE WAY NEW STARS posted:

It does run like garbage, yes. So does jak and daxter iirc.

Unplayable bad? Cause I was considering picking it up both of those.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

How necessary are grips for the vita? I was listening to the Oddworld episode of Watch Out for Fireballs abs they mentioned it was a little difficult with out the L2 and R2 buttons, so I was wondering what you goons think of its worth getting?

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Vita games mostly don't use the rear touchpad, and those that do have specific rear touchpad controls (instead of just mapping virtual buttons to areas of the touchpad), so this is only a concern if you're playing a lot of PSX games.

The L2/R2 grip is essentiually just a couple of rubber bits that hit the rear touchpad when you press the physical L2/R2 buttons, so it's entirely possible to play without one. I find it much more comfortable than playing the Vita without the grip regardless of whether or not I'm playing something that uses the L2/R2 "buttons," but I have big hands.

It's still Japan-exclusive and something you have to import at a high premium if you want those two extra buttons, though. Most Vita grips are just a plastic shell that makes it more comfortable to hold.

Okay so I was planning on picking up a bunch of the PSClassics so can I just map those buttons to the rear touch pad or will it be to tough to hit those while playing normally?

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Endorph posted:

my favorite games of all time are all gigantic unfinished messes

KOTOR II was a pretty sweet game