Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Axiom Verge isn't particularly good outside of the art style anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That Curry one is okay but too easy.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

PS1 games that do use L2/R2 a lot are an absolute pain though, and the rear touchpad is no substitute.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

As part of the rebranding the Vita has been renamed the Mort

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Help Im Alive posted:

They removed the minimum spending thing sometime last year I'm pretty sure (in the UK at least)

Yeah, that's been gone for at least a year, maybe more.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Thete isn't even a Parasite Eve 3 anyway

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Mithaldu posted:

It's adorable how upset goons get when you imply a game that didn't cater to their expectations may have merit on its own. :allears:

I'm like literally shaking

It's cold tonight

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Chilli Con Carnage

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

ImpAtom posted:

I have a friend who swears that this is one of the best PSP games and I have no idea if they're bullshitting or not.

If you played almost as obscure Mexican PS2 shooter Total Overdose it's basically the same thing only no open world and with the same sort of high score based gameplay as The Club or 50 Cent Blood on the Sand.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Captain McStabbin posted:

In non-titty related news, Taiko no Tatsujin continues to be good and eases the wait for Project Diva X. Y'all should get it if you don't already have it.

It's good and I can play the Evangelion opening with a drum dressed as Miku.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Has anyone played that Vita Lemmings game? I love Lemmings but I can't imagine touch controls work very well...

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The Colonel posted:

a variable titty girl

Bloodborne needs a trick titty sword

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Not all games work on the PSTV and ones with lots of touch controls are unplayable unless you have a DS4 and finicky even if you do.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I hope the controls on the phone version aren't horrible......

:smith:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It looks like Yakuza combat only with more numbers popping out of people's heads.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Endorph posted:

he's right

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

In Training posted:

I'm chapter 2 of FC and I'm still loving it even I'm tackling the game at a glacial pace

That's just the game's natural pace

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah, he writes and draws YQ, which unfortunately looks kind of bad especially compared the amazing looking anime version (the good one anyway).

Anything other than FF V + VI run fine, FF VII is just a straight PS1 Classic though and doesn't have any of the fancy features of the PS4/iOS port.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The PS FFV translation isn't just dry and boring, it's bad with some hilarious errors like Y-Burn (wyven).

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

[Unfair Probation Zone]

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Dehry posted:

http://eu.square-enix.com/en/blog/adventures-mana-released-iosandroid

Congratulations Vita fans. You pestered Square-Enix enough they'll look into bringing over a cell phone game.

Hurrah!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's no original Higurashi art

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

A dry micro fiber cloth, if you're getting it dirty enough that you need more than that, stop it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

FF6 is great but not because of anything to do with the actual gameplay.

Much like Chrono Trigger.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Onechanbara and SK are very different tone wise though, the former is more like an anime Planet Terror, riffing on the excesses of 80's zombie movies and other schlock horror whereas SK is a lot more... Sincere I guess? As in it actually wants you to care about the characters and stuff.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That's the real reason the Vita games are worse than the 3DS ones, because they introduce a bunch of characters no-one cares about.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

miku miku no

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Is that that NIS horror game? I hope it gets translated because it looks interesting but I don't think I'm up to playing a game like that in Japanese.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's survived on videogame jokes, memes and not being entirely terrible (apart from the original PS3 game which is one of the worst JRPG's ever made), rather than tits, I think. They're not really good games either though.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I have an actual SNES cart for sale of you have a spare $150.....

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Help Im Alive posted:

*buys the vita silent hill*

Don't

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Saoshyant posted:

Ys 8:

New characters and stuff. Probably screenshots from the PS4 version, but eh.

Cool

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

voltcatfish posted:

Oh: if I already own MH4U and love it, is it worth throwing :10bux: at Toukiden Kiwami?

It seems to have the rep of being the best MH ripoff?

It's MH but faster paced and less flower collecting but it's still the same sort of thing so it depends if you're burned out on hunting games or not

It's also hunting games distilled down to virtually nothing but killing big monsters, so if you like the surrounding fluff of an actual MH it might get a bit dull.

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Feb 13, 2016

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Is SSD even considered a hunting game? It seemed more like an arena battler from what I played.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Baal posted:

Does Toukiden have cool looking bosses

On my phone so posting pictures is a pain but I thought they were pretty interesting, mostly demon looking things. I wish they'd managed to make them work without just growing phantom limbs after you'd broken them off though. The biggest problem is there's not really enough and it eventually gets fairly repetitious (it's an Omega Force game so).

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I put like 30 hours in to Kiwami without touching online

The AI companions were better at the game than I was :negative:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah, I'm really looking forwards to it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

They subscribed to the popular idea at the time that people in the west preferred their games harder than the Japanese did and so altered them in the stupidest way possible.
It wasn't just Working Designs, quite a few companies did the same thing, Capcom was especially bad at one point in the PS2 lifetime for changing difficulty settings in dumb ways.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Someone should localise Osakan to a scouse accent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's the best one on the Vita, I think.