Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

We get a lot of reports, and most of them are not useful. So reports aren't really the best way to get in touch with the moderators. But we want there to be a clear line of communication between the posters of Games and its mods. If you have any Games moderation questions or concerns, you can PM me or VideoGames. That is okay to do. I can't guarantee a response, but I will definitely read anything I get.

If you don't have platinum, you should probably get platinum, because it's cool to give the forums all of your money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

This doesn't mean you should stop reporting posts. We do also read and handle all the reports, it's just that reports don't always provide a lot of context for things.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Agreed on all points that FactsAreUseless makes!
Please do ask any questions you'd like relating to Games and the forum.

We are both here to ensure that your posting and reading about video games of all sorts is entertaining.

Game on fellow gamers!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Been probating quite a few people for Gamergate chat in here in the last week. Do not talk about Gamergate. Do not engage people who are talking about Gamergate. It is a topic so incredibly toxic that no reasonable discussion of it is possible, and we will not talk about it here in Games. If other forums tolerate it, fine. They're idiots. I will probate you for talking about Gamergate.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I shouldn't have to say this but it seems I do.

Please do not ask people to go kill themselves, or die in fires or anything of that kind. There is no need for it, there are better ways of making an argument for or against something.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

We've updated some old thread tags to take advantage of the new tags from the contest, but if you have a thread that needs a new tag, please PM me or VideoGames.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

If you don't have plat and need to reach a Games mod, you can email me at fau@somethingawful.com.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I am also available for non plat users with: vg@somethingawful.com

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

By now you've probably noticed there is a new Games mod, Palpek. He's great and you can also contact him by PM for stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Hello Wonderful Games posters!

Two new things for you in this updated instruction manual.

1) If there is not a thread in existence for any game you wish to discuss then make it! We don't need elaborate Old Steam Thread esque ops. The discussion is the important part.

2) Too many people are breaking the "Don't Tell People to Kill Themselves Rule". Especially in the Pokémon Go thread. The punishment is no longer a day. It's 3. Let's be courteous to each other and not resort to poor name slinging please!

• Locked thread