Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who do you want to win the Super Bowl
This poll is closed.
Manning 128 17.85%
Newton 384 53.56%
Meteor 83 11.58%
*snort* ahem, I won't be partaking in your SUPERB OWL, i will be watchin league and esports instead *snort* 122 17.02%
Total: 572 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Pope Mobile posted:

Question: why is someone automatically racist for disliking Cam?
I have nothing against the guy, just a general question. He's a good QB. Not my favorite, but whatever. Why is someone racist if they think he's a smug, smarmy rear end?

I have noticed this too, in the last few years there has developed a sort of hivemind of underemployed 110 IQ dullards who propagate this stuff on their twitters and blogs etc. Which makes it gospel. They all talk about the same stuff. They're this weird cohort of sports fans who don't actually seem to like sports. People in the media follow all these people and get a warped view thinking everyone agrees and it just becomes gospel. Its not great.

African AIDS cum fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Jan 25, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Pope Mobile posted:

I have nothing against the guy, just a general question. He's a good QB. Not my favorite, but whatever. Why is someone racist if they think he's a smug, smarmy rear end?

The phrasing is very similar to classic racist rhetoric. And you're talking about the Carolinas here.

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do
I know largely non-racist people who don't like Cam but they're also not the types to raise hissy fits on social media about anything.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Pope Mobile posted:

I don't care if you don't like Cam Newton unless you're one of those idiots who posts stuff about how he's an uppity classless showboat unlike that good one Player X or whatever on Facebook.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

I don't care if you don't like Cam Newton unless you're one of those idiots who posts stuff about how he's an uppity classless showboat unlike that good one Player X or whatever on Facebook.

He should take the Gatorade towel off for the national anthem IMO

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?
They should stop playing the national anthem at sporting events anyway IMO.

Also someone I know calls him "ghetto Cam" and it bugs the bejeezus put of me.

go panthers

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
The "classless" I do find a bit ridiculous considering we're talking about a sport that has lifespans shortened every Sunday.

Either way, go [team], I won't even be able to watch the game :smith:
Pretty sure the Broncos will get destroyed again. Something something cat eating a horse.

Admiral Bosch posted:

They should stop playing the national anthem at sporting events anyway IMO.

Toronto must feel so awkward during baseball games.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Double post

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

I'm drunk and super excited about the Panthers. Carolina, bitch

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

computer parts posted:

The phrasing is very similar to classic racist rhetoric. And you're talking about the Carolinas here.

There also isn't much evidence he is smug or smarmy, so that's a clue. I mean Cam could be a dick but I don't know how you would know. He doesn't say that much to the media, as far as I know.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

You're not necessarily racist if you don't like Cam.

Chances are you're a crybaby whos just jel because your team got owned by him this year like AAC or you dont like fun and probably need to have a stick removed from your rear end.

Either way you should gently caress off because Cam owns and will win mvp next week and it'll be cool and good.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

BlindSite posted:

You're not necessarily racist if you don't like Cam.

Chances are you're a crybaby whos just jel because your team got owned by him this year like AAC or you dont like fun and probably need to have a stick removed from your rear end.

Either way you should gently caress off because Cam owns and will win mvp next week and it'll be cool and good.

Or I'm a good Christian who doesn't appreciate him declaring his son to be the messiah, in essence declaring himself to be god. Shameful stuff, and the kind of behavior you really only see from people taking lots of drugs or with serious mental illness.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I can't wait for all the dog whistle about how much more "cerebral" Manning is over Cam.

Is it really racist to say that the most football intelligent QB in NFL history is a more intelligent QB than the 26 year old pituitary freak?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
Setting the over under on whether or not Cam has borderline personality disorder or a crystal meth addiction at "yes".

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Chichevache posted:

Setting the over under on whether or not Cam has borderline personality disorder or a crystal meth addiction at "yes".

Crystal meth is addicted to cam newton and he does have a personality disorder. Human and superman.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Please do not talk about the NE Patriots in this thread. Its a thread about teams that deserve to play in the Superbowl.

Haha. That feels really good to say.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Chinatown posted:

Please do not talk about the NE Patriots in this thread. Its a thread about teams that deserve to play in the Superbowl.

Haha. That feels really good to say.

After what I just saw happen to the Cardinals, I can safely say that I feel Tom Brady deserves to have Short and Starr in his face for four whole quarters. And Malcolm Butler deserves to be styled on by Ted Ginn. Bill Belichick deserves to be out coached by Ron Rivera. The Patriots deserve the Panthers.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!
Cam Newton is a good QB who is in bad commercials. Compare and contrast to Peyton Manning who is a bad QB who also in bad commercials.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

I live in the middle of Texas and everyone I know either thinks Cam is awesome or don't care about football outside of A&M or maybe the Cowboys. I dunno where you people live.

PrinceRandom fucked around with this message at 10:29 on Jan 25, 2016

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
The best thing about Cam Newton winning the Super Bowl will be the long, boring offseason months as abrasive Southern posters talk down to us, because the rest of the country is racist for not cheering on the Panthers. Midway through the offseason they can have another celebration, to mark the one year anniversary of Carolina no longer flying the Confederate battle flag in the state capitol. :ironicat:

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Chichevache posted:

The best thing about Cam Newton winning the Super Bowl will be the long, boring offseason months as abrasive Southern posters talk down to us, because the rest of the country is racist for not cheering on the Panthers. Midway through the offseason they can have another celebration, to mark the one year anniversary of Carolina no longer flying the Confederate battle flag in the state capitol. :ironicat:

If you feel any better I'll talk down to you and im australian

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

BlindSite posted:

If you feel any better I'll talk down to you and im australian

That would make me feel better. I'd also probably feel a lot safer if I lived in your country. Am I correct in assuming Cam Newton's criminal record would keep him from visiting Oz?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I believe the only thing they give a poo poo is if you come by boat or not.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Chichevache posted:

That would make me feel better. I'd also probably feel a lot safer if I lived in your country. Am I correct in assuming Cam Newton's criminal record would keep him from visiting Oz?

He was here in the preseason brah.

Also. Renounce your cam hatred and join the bandwagon. Theres room, its nice and warm and we're all friends here. It feels like mainlining sunshine.

You know you want to.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

The Broncos are going to get shithoused and we're gonna get to see Cam dancing with the Lombardi.

Life is good.

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
my favorite thing about sports is the respect. im a really big fan of it, and i love watching grown men atpeak physical condition show it to one another on the field of battle

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Love is a tiny lion holding a donut!

DO YALL WANT A HAM posted:

Real talk: if the Broncos lose I won't be mad because I love the Panthers

Obligatory Handle
Feb 27, 2004

by Lowtax
Should have been an all cat super bowl. God damnt, Andy, why did you have to break your loving thumb?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I am still mad at Cam for getting thrown off the Gators

he was in line to take over after Tebow left

we could have had 2 more titles

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Foreal though - It's really cool to me that Cam went from irresponsible, somewhat troubled college kid to top 5 QB about to play in the Super Bowl. He also apparently does a lot of good charity stuff in Charlotte. Plus, I thought he was going to flame out in the NFL because he just relied so heavily on natural athletic ability, but dude is just fantastic now and the Panthers offense is so much fun to watch.

Also my mom says he's "cute as a button" and she'd like it if he won because she wants him to "make those whities squirm" (the white people who write letters to newspapers abut Cam)

She hates Tom Brady, however. When the Pats lost she texted me: "That's what he gets for cheating with his deflated little balls"

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
Football charities are a PR scam. Don't buy into the hype.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Ehud posted:

Foreal though - It's really cool to me that Cam went from irresponsible, somewhat troubled college kid to top 5 QB about to play in the Super Bowl. He also apparently does a lot of good charity stuff in Charlotte. Plus, I thought he was going to flame out in the NFL because he just relied so heavily on natural athletic ability, but dude is just fantastic now and the Panthers offense is so much fun to watch.

Also my mom says he's "cute as a button" and she'd like it if he won because she wants him to "make those whities squirm" (the white people who write letters to newspapers abut Cam)

She hates Tom Brady, however. When the Pats lost she texted me: "That's what he gets for cheating with his deflated little balls"

Your mom sounds like a cool lady with correct opinions.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
No more football is going to suck. :smith:

Before the games were played yesterday I would have said the Patriots were worse than either of the NFC teams. Palmer's comprehensive turbo sewage explosion meltdown (4 picks and 2 lost fumbles? :wtc:) makes that look less smart, but overall it's probably still true if you're just comparing position groups to each other. The Patriots team that the Broncos squeaked by at the last second (again) is just a lot worse than last year's team. I don't think this bodes well for Denver in the Super Bowl.

The Panthers have a better defense, and a better offensive line, and better running backs, and Cam is just ridiculous this year in the best way. poo poo, overall their receiving weapons are probably playing better too... Gronk was still great, but their white dwarf receivers couldn't do poo poo, and LaFell destroyed the last vestiges of hope that his actually useful 2014 season was anything but a bizarre fluke, and LOL at making White your featured 3rd down weapon.

The Broncos defense is legitimately really good, and :baby: called a perfect defensive game plan... but they got to feast on maybe the worst tackle to play a snap in the playoffs this year (Cannon), and I don't think anybody on Carolina's line is anywhere near as lovely. If Denver tries to use the same strategy on defense against Caronlia, the Panthers will probably run for 500 yards.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

A.o.D. posted:

Football charities are a PR scam. Don't buy into the hype.

I mean, as long as his charity work provides us with these tweets then whatever

https://twitter.com/icecube/status/676919388558270465

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Your mom sounds like a cool lady with correct opinions.

yeah

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Honestly I have always liked and admired Peyton Manning and I'm rooting for him to go out on top. Really, why would anyone root against the guy unless you're a Panthers fan, a fan of a rival AFC West team, or an rear end in a top hat?

However, if Cam and the Panthers win I won't be crushed. I just hope it's a good game. I have no dog in this fight.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
Panthers gonna win and it's gonna be exciting as hell, it's gonna be good to see that denver d destroyed on a purely revenge based level. Also I think a team that can manage to run the ball and have an offensive line made of something other than tackling dummies will give them some trouble.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!

Nervous posted:

Pictured: The longest run in an AFC championship game by a New England Patriot.

Is this an actual true statistic?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

PrinceRandom posted:

I live in the middle of Texas and everyone I know either thinks Cam is awesome or don't care about football outside of A&M or maybe the Cowboys. I dunno where you people live.

Austin doesn't count.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
The next best thing to a Pats Superbowl is watching Peyton get trounced in one. Go Panthers gently caress the Broncos!

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

African AIDS cum posted:

I have noticed this too, in the last few years there has developed a sort of hivemind of underemployed 110 IQ dullards who propagate this stuff on their twitters and blogs etc. Which makes it gospel. They all talk about the same stuff. They're this weird cohort of sports fans who don't actually seem to like sports. People in the media follow all these people and get a warped view thinking everyone agrees and it just becomes gospel. Its not great.
The most fun narrative for these types is hey look at all these white people who hate Cam...racists! I hate to break it to everyone but not many people hate Cam, and most of the ones who do would love him on their team or are insane Alabama homers who still care about "$cam Newton" which is more a psychopath college football thing than any racist crap.

Cam is about to be the runaway MVP. He was in 2 national commercials in a row yesterday. He is one of the top 3 faces of the league. Settle down about every white person hating him. It is just a stupid narrative.

edit
Just realized I posted this while having an avatar mocking old white people for being racist against Cam :lol:

Ribsauce fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Jan 25, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
It's fun seeing people unable to tell the difference between people who don't like Cam Newton and dog-whistle racism.

• Locked thread