Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

GORDON posted:

It never occurred to me that I should be tipping for take-out food, but then one day the bar tender at my fave b&g told me I was supposed to tip, so I started tipping a couple bucks.

Now I wonder if I should be tipping the chick at the Burger King drive through window. I mean, she hands me food, too.

:lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
I usually tip them a dollar for taking my order if I'm picking it up (more if it's a big order). If I eat in I tip 20% or more.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

Windows 98 posted:

Lol does gnarly really not know the difference between to go and delivery

It might be DiGiorno.

Should I tip when I buy something from a grocery store deli?

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Roger Craig posted:

I usually tip them a dollar for taking my order if I'm picking it up (more if it's a big order). If I eat in I tip 20% or more.

I'm glad to see there's at least one person here who understands how poo poo works in American food service.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

They still made it for your lazy rear end. Tip a few bucks.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I usually tip about 10% on pick up, 20% for eating in. Sometimes I don't tip on pick up orders. w/e

There are reasons for this but this is a tipping thread so I'm just going to post a link to an anime blowjob gif instead

Blowjob gif: [used to be here but it turns out the embed gif feature turns the [url] tags into the same thing as [img] tags so now it's not here anymore f off

raton fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Jan 25, 2016

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Windows 98 posted:

My rear end in a top hat is a member of MENSA. Take that back.

so that's where Franco is working now

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

so that's where Franco is working now

ahahahaa

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
allah says you should always tip

banme
Apr 23, 2008
real answer, no those people arent being paid to go out of their way for you. CAPITALISM

shitpost are you sure you have enough GBP to actually tip in the first place?

Automatic Retard
Oct 21, 2010

PUT THIS WANKSTAIN ON IGNORE

gnarlyhotep posted:

I had to do some digging, but I found it

the GBS "eternal arguments" list

not surprisingly, tipping is 2nd

* guns

* tipping waitstaff

* gay

* cops

* making GBS threads/wiping

* troons

* food

* goons

* circumcision

* cats/dogs

* anime

* feminism

* goku/goku pants

* hitler

* cuck

* skeletons

* lowtax

* bacon

* the ocean

So is the toilet paper roll supposed to be hung over or under?

banme
Apr 23, 2008

Automatic Retard posted:

So is the toilet paper roll supposed to be hung over or under?

over. otherwise you have to stick lovely fingers right under a fresh roll of toilet paper

Automatic Retard
Oct 21, 2010

bobthedinosaur posted:

They still made it for your lazy rear end. Tip a few bucks.

I'm Australian so gently caress tipping. It's their job to make my food. Also I'm not lazy, just rich enough to have other people make my food for me. And I didn't get rich by wasting money paying people to do things that someone else is already paying them to do.
:homebrew: :munch:

Automatic Retard
Oct 21, 2010

fourteen hundred posted:

over. otherwise you have to stick lovely fingers right under a fresh roll of toilet paper

Agreed

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin
I'm a generous tipper literally everywhere and I still don't see the point of tipping for carry out :shrug:

us vs also us
Jul 8, 2007

Hello! I hope you are having a nice day!
I liked when the op and gnarlyhotep got in a fight can we have more of that

sobbing hog
Aug 17, 2015
you have to slide the cashier a bill in a way that the manager doesn't see it.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
the whole tipping system is genuinely retarded, sell something for a fair price and pay your employees fair wages,

who would guess that a system where managers can control your tips, waiters and waitresses can pocket tips, and then some places still try to split them up at the end after individuals have stolen from the pot could go wrong?

and who could guess when the country is in tough times, or just when cheap people exist, they can choose not to tip, and then the appropriate response is to...commit a bio hazard crime or write angry words and punish your facebook friends?

just pay the cocksuckers 15 an hour and stop asking for me to estimate how much i enjoyed the experience of waiting 90 minutes for reheated frozen food and paying 6 dollars for someone to open a 1 dollar beer for me

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

extra stout posted:

the whole tipping system is genuinely retarded, sell something for a fair price and pay your employees fair wages,

who would guess that a system where managers can control your tips, waiters and waitresses can pocket tips, and then some places still try to split them up at the end after individuals have stolen from the pot could go wrong?

and who could guess when the country is in tough times, or just when cheap people exist, they can choose not to tip, and then the appropriate response is to...commit a bio hazard crime or write angry words and punish your facebook friends?

just pay the cocksuckers 15 an hour and stop asking for me to estimate how much i enjoyed the experience of waiting 90 minutes for reheated frozen food and paying 6 dollars for someone to open a 1 dollar beer for me

It's nice to reward good service and have the ability to pay less for poor service.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
tipping is the worst thing ever. we should all just stop. everyone in the country. at once. it will suck for the servers for a short time but they will be happier in the long run and so will you. travel out of the US and see how wonderful and freeing not tipping is.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_vivC7c_1k

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

gnarlyhotep posted:

* guns

* tipping waitstaff

* gay

* cops

* troons

* food

* goons

* circumcision

* cats/dogs

* anime

* feminism

* goku/goku pants

* hitler

* cuck

* skeletons

* lowtax

* bacon

* the ocean

thank you!

Aug 4, 2010

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

It's nice to reward good service and have the ability to pay less for poor service.

do you get paid less when you have a bad day at work?

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
i dont tip, if you want a tip here's a free one - Get a better job! LMAO

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona

Poetic Justice posted:

i dont tip, if you want a tip here's a free one - Get a better job! LMAO

i'm a felon with a humanities degree please don't jobshame me here ok??

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
I tip well in real life, like SUPER well. I make peoples week.

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

Poetic Justice posted:

I tip well in real life, like SUPER well. I make peoples week.

please come visit my restaurant, im gonna fax you the gps coordinates right now

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

the great deceiver posted:

please come visit my restaurant, im gonna fax you the gps coordinates right now

we are on the east coast travelling so who knows!!!

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

Poetic Justice posted:

we are on the east coast travelling so who knows!!!

ok im in california so im gonna book you some reservations on southwest right now. you have to make this flight do NOT waste my reward miles

The General
Mar 4, 2007

If you dont tip 15% of your paycheck when you eat out, you're cheap as gently caress and should stay home.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
that newspaper etiquette lady says that you don't tip deli counters and that tip jars are equivalent to holding your hand out so no obligation there either

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

ok im in california so im gonna book you some reservations on southwest right now. you have to make this flight do NOT waste my reward miles

maybe in the fall, man i have to rest, im being 80% serious, btw.

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

Poetic Justice posted:

maybe in the fall, man i have to rest, im being 80% serious, btw.

ok cool sounds good, i'm counting on this so i can pay off my various bookies and drug dealers so please dont flake! :) :)

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

ok cool sounds good, i'm counting on this so i can pay off my various bookies and drug dealers so please dont flake! :) :)

You will certainly have to remind me this coming November!

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

gnarlyhotep posted:

* guns

* tipping waitstaff

* gay

* cops

* troons

* food

* goons

* circumcision

* cats/dogs

* anime

* feminism

* goku/goku pants

* hitler

* cuck

* skeletons

* lowtax

* bacon

* the ocean

You hosed this up India isn't anywhere on there.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

tips in restaurants are for waiters and delivery driving motherfuckers. If you pick up, leave the tip line on the receipt blank

Or be a loving rear end in a top hat and draw a crucifix or swastika or an upside down pentagram on it or whatev

hail stan

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
There is a restaurant called Vapiano, where they sell Italian food and booze however it is set up like a fast foot joint. I don't tip there because I have to bring the food to my own table and it's not a buffet where they wait on me for drinks. If you want a tip, don't run your over priced restaurant like a Checkers.

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax
tipping isn't a thing here and I'm fairly sure that the only reason for its persistence in america is because it provides a socially acceptable means for employers to absolutely gently caress over their workers

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

TacticalUrbanHomo posted:

tipping isn't a thing here and I'm fairly sure that the only reason for its persistence in america is because it provides a socially acceptable means for employers to absolutely gently caress over their workers

Yup!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax
but lol america has spent the last four decades steadily reducing its minimum wage and now it's roughly half of what it was in 1970. loving lol the american government hates americans so goddamn much.

• Locked thread