Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Hey it's one of my favorites. Great writing, good acting, solid story.

I just rewatched it and my first thought was; "drat these CGI effects look so loving dated. The practical effects still hold up."

So I just checked...

Made in 1997.

This fucker is almost old enough to drink. Almost 20 years loving old.

Just letting you all know you're getting older and the clock's inexorable march toward the grave is still happening.

Death is certain, Chaos reigns and all that jazz.

Namaste.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JljZbjpvjmE

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Pop it D-man!

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

Fly-through McDs is the best McDs... mmmm

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer
The ending is kind of cheesy imo. Earth, air, fire, water and... Love? Seriously?

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

BY THEIR POWERS COMBINED....

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Jukeboxblues posted:

The ending is kind of cheesy imo. Earth, air, fire, water and... Love? Seriously?

The fifth element was actually the spit from the wet n sloppy kiss they had, hth

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Business Gorillas posted:

The fifth element was actually the spit from the wet n sloppy kiss they had, hth

This is kinda hot tbh.

Boko Haram
Dec 22, 2008

MY frothing loin is an element

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Jukeboxblues posted:

A classic combination. And nothing about it is serious, except for the kissing the unconscious girl bit, which is seriously creepy. Otherwise, it's pure stupid fun.

e: and better than earth, air, fire, water, and boron

Flyball fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Jan 25, 2016

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Boko Haram posted:

MY frothing loin is an element

My element must be earth because reading this post made me rock hard

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

skander posted:

A classic combination. And nothing about it is serious, except for the kissing the unconscious girl bit, which is seriously creepy. Otherwise, it's pure stupid fun.

I take my other post back, the fifth element is rohypnol

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer
Is that why Bill Cosby is such a protected man?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

I take my other post back, the fifth element is rohypnol

Paging Down Jacket Fetish to the thread. Down Jacket Fetish, please come to the Fifth Element thread in GBS.

Demora
Aug 13, 2004

It wouldn't be the Enterprise without a Sulu at the helm

*Chris Tucker screaming*

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

I was playing Harvest Moon 64 with this kid who lived on my street and my cows were not doing well and I got so raged up and frustrated that my eyes welled up with tears and my friend was like are you crying dude. Are you crying because of the cows. I didn't understand the feeding mechanic.
Mm, cheekan, goood

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
It's boron op; hope you get an A on your chemistry homework

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Gimme da cassssshhhh

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

Jukeboxblues posted:

If u didn't get it from the guy after u, its CAPTAIN PLANET dumbass!!!

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

I'm the guy who superglues a walkie talkie onto a cockroach in tyool 2550

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin
Sometimes I get sad thinking about how everyone I love is going to die someday.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

thread delivers

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

VendaGoat posted:

Death is certain, Chaos reigns and all that jazz.

thank goodness

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
*BZZZZZZZZZZZZTTTTTTTTT*

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

I'm the guy who superglues a walkie talkie onto a cockroach in tyool 2550

Yeah but it's like a nano walkie talkie super glued onto a radio controlled cockroach. poo poo owns

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I like shorhaired foreinger girls wearing bandages

Caeks
Dec 27, 2009

The last movie Harry Oldballs was decent in.

And don't even try to tell me he was good in the Batman movies. He was playing himself the whole loving time.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I got a replica Multipass from Loot Crate this month.
It made me hard.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I always thought the water one should have been bacon. Put bacon on stone, bacon sizzles.

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS
I'm so glad Besson injected healthy doses of absurdity and silliness into it.
If it was played serious, it would have been utterly forgettable instead of one of the most rewatchable movies ever made.

FUN FACT: The hero (Dallas) and villain (Zorg) never meet, or even appear on screen at the same time.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Kinda makes me wanna watch Brazil.

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Kinda makes me wanna watch Brazil.
Brazil actually needs to be watched, though. Fifth Element is something to put on in the background if you don't want to listen to music.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
It was a neat little film, but the last 20 minutes or so was balls poo poo. Why do so few writers know how to tie everything up and actually make an ending

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

It's a great movie, I notice new poo poo every time I watch it. All of the expressions people are making in the background are hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DK8ednS0skQ

The style of storytelling is really clever imo, the fact that Korbin and Zorg never directly encounter each other because they aren't enemies - the real villain (death planet mind thing) is a threat to both of them. Also, the 3D printing body scene still looks really cool.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

skander posted:

Brazil actually needs to be watched, though. Fifth Element is something to put on in the background if you don't want to listen to music.

Mmmmm the art direction in 5th element is p sweet. Plus you at least gotta hear that blue chick crush it.

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Mmmmm the art direction in 5th element is p sweet. Plus you at least gotta hear that blue chick crush it.
Oh, I don't ignore looking at it entirely, it looks great, but I've seen it an OCD number of times. As far as the blue chick, I only care about her singing, no need to watch. But I almost always catch the ticket window girl's scene. To each their own.

foxy boxing babe
Jan 17, 2010

foxy boxing babe
Jan 17, 2010

foxy boxing babe
Jan 17, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
The part with the diva was weird and too long but otherwise I think this movie is alright.

• Locked thread