Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

from what i gathered it was a first draft written by harper lee, then a bunch of shady people advertised it as a "sequel" and took advantage of a senile and almost completely deaf and blind senior, and this book should be read and purchased by no one. is this correct?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
It also ruined to kill a mockingbird for a bunch of people cause Atticus was originally a racist so it was good that it was published.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
I feel it's message of kill whitey is appropriate for the modern era.

banme
Apr 23, 2008
what the movie about the superheros watchmen thats sort of like that tv show heros except that ive never seen either.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

fourteen hundred posted:

what the movie about the superheros watchmen thats sort of like that tv show heros except that ive never seen either.
The big blue guy with the little blue penis.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

it was very mediocre op, the best part is people getting mad about atticus being racist

banme
Apr 23, 2008

a hole-y ghost posted:

The big blue guy with the little blue penis.

yes i now recall that the penis is what helped me remember

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

fourteen hundred posted:

yes i now recall that the penis is what helped me remember
Just like a white man can have blue eyes, the blue man has white eyes and a blue dick.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Happy Bear Suit posted:

from what i gathered it was a first draft written by harper lee, then a bunch of shady people advertised it as a "sequel" and took advantage of a senile and almost completely deaf and blind senior, and this book should be read and purchased by no one. is this correct?

yes

Obligatory Handle
Feb 27, 2004

by Lowtax
Lol if you can read.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Obligatory Handle posted:

Lol if you can read.

:same:

us vs also us
Jul 8, 2007

Hello! I hope you are having a nice day!
I can read

old fat bird
Oct 27, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Very overrated, the coolest super hero dies in the opening scroll, the batman knockoff is gay and that sex scene is super unbelievable even by goon standards - I fell asleep towards the end tbh

edit: what was up with that giant blue dingus too??

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

the movie was better than the book

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
instead of reading tonight im watching the sopranos for the firsr time ever. are these men criminals???? something is up here

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

tom robinson did nothing wrong

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
I'm glad it shook up the sanctimonious, sentimental image that people have had of "To Kill A Mockingbird".

Its not likely to be a classic, and yes, its a little shady. But it did shake things up a bit.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

here's the only good part

quote:

“Hank, I suspect when we know all the facts in the case the best that can be done for the boy is for him to plead guilty. Now, isn’t it better for us to stand up with him in court than to have him fall into the wrong hands?”
A smile spread slowly across Henry’s face. “I see what you mean, Mr. Finch.”
“Well, I don’t,” said Jean Louise. “What wrong hands?”
Atticus turned to her. “Scout, you probably don’t know it, but the NAACP-paid lawyers are standing around like buzzards down here waiting for things like this to happen—”
“You mean colored lawyers?”
Atticus nodded. “Yep. We’ve got three or four in the state now. They’re mostly in Birmingham and places like that, but circuit by circuit they watch and wait, just for some felony committed by a Negro against a white person—you’d be surprised how quick they find out—in they come and … well, in terms you can understand, they demand Negroes on the juries in such cases. They subpoena the jury commissioners, they ask the judge to step down, they raise every legal trick in their books—and they have ’em aplenty—they try to force the judge into error. Above all else, they try to get the case into a Federal court where they know the cards are stacked in their favor. It’s already happened in our next-door-neighbor circuit, and there’s nothing in the books that says it won’t happen here.”
Atticus turned to Henry. “So that’s why I say we’ll take his case if he wants us.”

e: and its only good because lovely white folk try to make the same argument about the NAACP today

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
Most books are bad and I think this one is no exception

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

ScrubLeague posted:

Most books are bad and I think this one is no exception

War and Peace is very good.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

Hector Beerlioz posted:

War and Peace is very good.

Some books are good but most are not.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

ScrubLeague posted:

Some books are good but most are not.

Yeah, I didn't care for The Brothers Karamazov so fair point.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
For instance I really like the first 3 books Michael Chabon wrote but then he wrote like 6 more and I think those are all bad.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Yeah, I didn't care for The Brothers Karamazov so fair point.

Whoa really I'm mad about it

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Cubone posted:

Whoa really I'm mad about it

Sorry, I found it dreadfully dull but I suppose I'm in the minority on this opinion.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
brothers karamzov was p good but i perfered sisterhood of the traveling pants

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Sorry, I found it dreadfully dull but I suppose I'm in the minority on this opinion.
I forgive you

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Cubone posted:

I forgive you

Forgiveness is a synonym of weakness

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

banme
Apr 23, 2008

a hole-y ghost posted:

Just like a white man can have blue eyes, the blue man has white eyes and a blue dick.

in my case i have all 3*

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

seriously not understanding this sopranos show. i thought it was about opera singers

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

the great deceiver posted:

seriously not understanding this sopranos show. i thought it was about opera singers

dont get me started on breaking bad. i thought it was about farts!!

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

the great deceiver posted:

It is, keep watching. They put on a production of Donizetti's Lucia di Lammermoor, however they have trouble hunting down a glass harmonica called for in the famous "mad scene".

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

Hector Beerlioz posted:

It is, keep watching. They put on a production of Donizetti's Lucia di Lammermoor, however they have trouble hunting down a glass harmonica called for in the famous "mad scene".

ok im sticking with it, there WAS a choir scene but i think the main character just threatened to cut off a jewish man's penis? :confused:

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
The sopranos is a show about cold cuts and eating them right outta the fridge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rynqbJ53DBE&t=165s

Shaquin fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Jan 25, 2016

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

i literally just watched a scene where tony and carmela were having a discussion while tony ate cold cuts out of the fridge lol

naem
May 29, 2011

The sopranos is game of thrones: New Jersey

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
lol if you can read

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless