Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012
Make a sign, then plunk it down in the area you want to mark. Tapping the sign then gives you the option to put a label on it. The label will show up on your map.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Legin Noslen posted:

Not really.
I mean, what in the gently caress am I looking at?
What in the gently caress is this?
What in the gently caress?

I do kind of like how alien the second biome is where you're basically on some Zerg creep poking at things trying to figure out if it's a resource, enemy or landscape feature.

korora
Sep 3, 2011

Potsticker posted:

I just found the four part quest that teaches you to use signs. :negative:
Where does this start from? I think I've completed everything else in Savannah (and I'm pretty far into the second map) but never found this quest line.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

korora posted:

Where does this start from? I think I've completed everything else in Savannah (and I'm pretty far into the second map) but never found this quest line.

Explore the area somewhere around the Gassack and -lkerpatch on this map. He should be somewhere west to north-west ten-ish screens away from your starting point.

He's also on the second map and provides locations for some useful plant spawn spots.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Yeah, if you look at the map I posted, there's two squares missing to the left of the crash site? That's where it was.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
It just popped into my head: the game is less of a survival/building game and a different-looking Metroidvania game. You walk around seeing things you can't deal with, get an upgrade that let's you interact with those things, and you repeat the cycle. I know that I've unlocked the ability to make X long before I had the ability to get the materials that make up X.

Bit of a question that I feel predicates spoilers:

Based on what I've read, each zone has three bosses, and I'm assuming that the mission to bring the communication disc to High Ground will trigger that third boss. I'm decked out in Zug/Wat made gear and a L11 legendary I fished out, but I kinda want to evolve my Zugs and Wats for completion sake. Am I correct that nothing is stopping me from finishing the Savanah zone, gearing up with better gear in the next one, and coming back when the essence-dropping Zugs aren't red-text? Or are pets zone specific?

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

MisterBibs posted:

Am I correct that nothing is stopping me from finishing the Savanah zone, gearing up with better gear in the next one, and coming back when the essence-dropping Zugs aren't red-text? ?

Yep.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I just did the quest that got me the Firespitter. Do I just not have the workbench type for it or something? I don't see it anywhere... (I'm as far up as the Squathe)

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yeah you can get the firespitter way earlier than your other progression.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.

SynthOrange posted:

Yeah you can get the firespitter way earlier than your other progression.

Who do I have to kill to get the recipe for Nitro. AND drat the bacon fairy, drat here to hell.

Soma Soma Soma
Mar 22, 2004

Richardson agrees
I'm confused, how do I plant Dusk Crystals to grow at my base?

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Soma Soma Soma posted:

I'm confused, how do I plant Dusk Crystals to grow at my base?

Use the dusk crystal seed on fertile ground. You have to make the fertile ground from your base building station.

Fertile ground is completely reusable and movable (making that one mission to plant 8 trees next to someone easy). Also water ballons can instantly grow plants.

Another fun tip! Bed fully heal you. So if you die you don't need to waste resource.

Edit: also gently caress blegs! :argh: everything in the 2nd location needs them and they are rare as gently caress.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I've never seen the base monsters drop eggs also a loading tip said that everything but the basic monsters (Wompit, Wat, etc) drop eggs.

For Bawg pick up every Blegh and Bloo because you're going to need a lot of them.

For Tundra pick up every drat Parapod you come across and make a large farm because it's used in every tier except the very first and very last.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
There's no items from Savannah buildings that need non-Savannah stuff to unlock, correct?

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
One of the legendary trinkets from the bawg need dusk crystals

Oops, misread your question, I don't think so

Lakbay fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Jan 28, 2016

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yeah. The reverse isnt true though. Zipping between areas is a bit of a pain so I'm debating just setting up two base camps, after initally packing up everything and moving to the bog only to find I needed stuff from the savannah.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Yay, looks like I've come across a progress-stopping bug!

Got to High Ground, killed a giant Whompit... and the door behind it won't open.

korora
Sep 3, 2011
Occasionally a mini boss dying won't trigger events properly, I had that happen on a quest in the Bawg. According to the official forums if you wait 30min and go back the boss should respawn, which worked for me.

Soma Soma Soma
Mar 22, 2004

Richardson agrees

Shwqa posted:

Use the dusk crystal seed on fertile ground. You have to make the fertile ground from your base building station.

Weird, I've never found a dusk crystal seed then, and I've farmed hundreds of them. Is there a recipe for Dusk Seeds or do they drop from farming like the other seeds?

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Soma Soma Soma posted:

Weird, I've never found a dusk crystal seed then, and I've farmed hundreds of them. Is there a recipe for Dusk Seeds or do they drop from farming like the other seeds?

I have only found them in the chest in the labyrinth. Though I have only mined like 30-40 dusk crystal. I never really needed that many.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Dusk crystals can drop a seed recipe.

Soma Soma Soma
Mar 22, 2004

Richardson agrees

SynthOrange posted:

Dusk crystals can drop a seed recipe.

Found it right after I read this, probably after farming ~150 dusk crystals. Trying to get that Legendary weapon and figured I'd plant a whole field of them.

nessin
Feb 7, 2010

Lakbay posted:

I've never seen the base monsters drop eggs also a loading tip said that everything but the basic monsters (Wompit, Wat, etc) drop eggs.

For Bawg pick up every Blegh and Bloo because you're going to need a lot of them.

For Tundra pick up every drat Parapod you come across and make a large farm because it's used in every tier except the very first and very last.

I can't say for sure across the board, but I definitely got the bat egg (can't remember name offhand) from the Tundra off a basic enemy. Took me forever and was one of the few things I actually ground out with weapons rather than bombs at that point so I remember it clearly. Might be a bug given the loading tip.

virinvictus
Nov 10, 2014
I'm liking how each "world" acts different. Just started Tundra, though I think it'll be hard to beat the Bawg in terms of enjoyment. Has anyone found random encounters beyond the basic "map"?

It seems like the quests don't venture far out - so I'm wondering if there's a reason to.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I just beat the game but the only times I had to wander farther than the quest/story related areas is when looking for rarer materials or enemies. And even then if you get lucky there's no reason to go farther than you need to since everything respawns eventually.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I've got everything to make my Glutterfly to its highest level, but I can't find the Bloated Glutterfly Essences :( Seems like if I go far afield at night it's Wat Area, but closer to main base I'm only seeing the lower-level mobs.

:negative:

virinvictus
Nov 10, 2014

MisterBibs posted:

I've got everything to make my Glutterfly to its highest level, but I can't find the Bloated Glutterfly Essences :( Seems like if I go far afield at night it's Wat Area, but closer to main base I'm only seeing the lower-level mobs.

I've only ever seen two bloated gutterflies. Savannah era, they one shotted me. Now that I need them, have no clue where they spawned.

Soma Soma Soma
Mar 22, 2004

Richardson agrees

MisterBibs posted:

I'm trying to find these too, need 1 more for that upgrade. No clue where I killed the first one, but starting to think that I'll never find them again.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

MisterBibs posted:

I just found one in the upper right side of the map. If I went lower left I would find bats. Maybe they have sides of the map the two night creatures stick too.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

MisterBibs posted:

They were quite annoying to find. I just ran around in the glutterfly spawn areas at night until two eventually spawned. It took a while.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

To whoever said grab every bleg and bloo you see in area 2 you weren't kidding. I had like 60 bloos and thought meh I don't need anymore. Bam! New tier where everything needs bloos.

Beeme
Oct 7, 2013
So I'm still in the first biome. Will the game make it abundantly when I get to the point of going to the next one? And will I be able to come back?

virinvictus
Nov 10, 2014

Beeme posted:

So I'm still in the first biome. Will the game make it abundantly when I get to the point of going to the next one? And will I be able to come back?

Yes, you can go back. And there's a quest to the world changes, so it won't come as a surprise.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
I cannot find more fossilized bones. I have 2 and need 4 for this new bench. Gah.

syndran
Sep 6, 2004

Thwomp posted:

I cannot find more fossilized bones. I have 2 and need 4 for this new bench. Gah.

Check the interior of the tar lakes. Either find a flight power or build bridges into the tar.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

syndran posted:

Check the interior of the tar lakes. Either find a flight power or build bridges into the tar.

I've never seen a tar lake big enough that you can't see the center from the shore.

Fossilized femurs seem exceptionally rare compared to other "on the ground" resources, but fortunately they stick out like a sore thumb so they're hard to miss. I've had best luck in the northwest.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I wish there was a way to see your inventory (maybe from the Data page?). I may not need to tinker with what's in it, but I'd kill to be able to see that I have 59 bear asses before going back to base and need to go back for the 60th.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

MisterBibs posted:

I wish there was a way to see your inventory (maybe from the Data page?). I may not need to tinker with what's in it, but I'd kill to be able to see that I have 59 bear asses before going back to base and need to go back for the 60th.

I agree with this, mostly because I want to be able to see and use healing items that aren't on my hotbar, which is currently impossible without first swapping them on.

For the specific purpose you mentioned, though, head to your crafting station and look at the recipe for the thing you are trying to build and click "track" to post the materials (and how many you have already) to the top of your screen.

Braincloud
Sep 28, 2004

I forgot...how BIG...

MisterBibs posted:

This would be super helpful. Also, not being able to access your inventory while in combat is a pain in the rear end. Sometimes I run out of one bomb and want to equip another cuz I'm getting my rear end handed to me by the Baconfairy. Maybe my pet needs another Anger Omelet because I've been battling longer than 3 minutes.

I'm still on the fence about this game - I was enjoying it at first but I feel the combat isn't scaling well and I'm just playing the avoidance game while my pet does all the damage. I'm still in Savannah and my equipment is level 7 so I feel like I should be getting stronger?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
For fucks sake, I'm beginning to really get annoyed by the way tools and equipment are gated in this game. I'm geared up with starting Bawg gear and practically everything I run across is red-text one-shotting, with really annoying aggro ranges to boot.

Figured I'd do a simpler quest - meet up with someone - and the quest drops three fuckers on top of me.

• Locked thread