Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shaquin
May 12, 2007
a scanner darkly is good because its mostly introspective and quiet relatively not a rough scene in the movie either really. perhaps a melancholy ride but not in a bad way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shazih
Apr 3, 2016

always angry all the time
Falling Down

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Shaquin posted:

a scanner darkly is good because its mostly introspective and quiet relatively not a rough scene in the movie either really. perhaps a melancholy ride but not in a bad way.

I used to be a character in that movie

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Go gently caress yourself OP. It's a good movie.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Beyond the Black Rainbow.

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
i believe it isaac. thats part of what makes it a resonant story to and probably my favorite phillip k dick story. it speaks to anyone who's ever been a serious head, who's lived a life that feels more like floating from situation to situation than steering your own boat, anyone who's been through the ups and the downs of being if not always a real addict yourself, someone whos invested and cares for those who are.

how being persecuted by all of society for liking to get hosed up means you turn inwards, and find comfort in the knowledge that even if things are shambles, at least you aren't a heartless straight and neither are the people around you.

and anybody who's lost friends along the way :smithfrog:

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

Gozu is interested

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AJ9b1iMqNiU

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Shaquin posted:

i believe it isaac. thats part of what makes it a resonant story to and probably my favorite phillip k dick story. it speaks to anyone who's ever been a serious head, who's lived a life that feels more like floating from situation to situation than steering your own boat, anyone who's been through the ups and the downs of being if not always a real addict yourself, someone whos invested and cares for those who are.

how being persecuted by all of society for liking to get hosed up means you turn inwards, and find comfort in the knowledge that even if things are shambles, at least you aren't a heartless straight and neither are the people around you.

and anybody who's lost friends along the way :smithfrog:
Should i read thr book. I think my friends were too wet brained to realise the movie was about them, but i understood.

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

Isaac posted:

Should i read thr book. I think my friends were too wet brained to realise the movie was about them, but i understood.

it's pretty short and written so that you could likely knock it off in one good reading session. it's probably the only case where i can say its probably not necessary to read the book however if you've seen the movie other than if you want the pleasure of reading it.

they did a fantastic job encapsulating the story and trimming only a bit of fat.

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
waking life is a good ride to if explaining relatively basic philosophies and concepts in its vignettes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVZ_lLUIIyU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbPgprcMtjo

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
When the guy tries to kill himself with the cheap wine then realises he may as buy expensive wine.

I dont know why i thought that was so important but its a kind of perfect mix of tragedy and humour and applies to considerations me and my friends would make to a situation.

GRILLARY CLINTON
Mar 5, 2016

I know the devil is real.
I know the devil is real.

Isaac posted:

Do litterally anything but watch a movie or play videp games

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
the thread is predicated on being a backup plan if they arent able to go out in the woods lol

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
i like woody allen movies.

the Before movies with Ethan Hawke and Julie Delpy are pretty alright to all three of them, sunrise midnight and sunset.

i only really watch movies on psychs if im solo tripping and i kind of just like stuff that makes me feel relaxed and thoughtful

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Shaquin posted:

waking life is a good ride to if explaining relatively basic philosophies and concepts in its vignettes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVZ_lLUIIyU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbPgprcMtjo

That looks intesting. The lsd visuals started making me motion sick.

I still havent watched wake in fright so this is in the queue

Dr. Dogballs Jr.
Jun 9, 2014

the angriest sex machine
yeah im kinda pissed my buddy got delayed in coming out here but the warmer weather will.make going outside for a bit more doable. i still looked hosed up movies to watch whike sober though so it still works

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Dr. Dogballs Jr. posted:

yeah im kinda pissed my buddy got delayed in coming out here but the warmer weather will.make going outside for a bit more doable. i still looked hosed up movies to watch whike sober though so it still works

Its almost mushroom season around here. Big dealers will litterally have 100s of kilos of mushrooms and spend weeks picking.

I forgot this is an old thread and ivr probably told a different version of this story itt. Anywag mushrooms are free for a few months.

I might go picking. Season starts any day now.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
OP nobody gives a poo poo about how you can't get drugs go take it to TCC. I have eaten a half pound of mushrooms and got a few sheets of blotter since you started this thread. You're the problem so take your problems elsewhere.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

amityville anus posted:

OP nobody gives a poo poo about how you can't get drugs go take it to TCC. I have eaten a half pound of mushrooms and got a few sheets of blotter since you started this thread. You're the problem so take your problems elsewhere.

I cant remember what rhe start of thjs thread was like but i dont think we're talking about that anymore

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

amityville anus posted:

I like your moxie

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
i think telling someone to go to TCC is the same as telling them to kill themselves

Dr. Dogballs Jr.
Jun 9, 2014

the angriest sex machine

Isaac posted:

Its almost mushroom season around here. Big dealers will litterally have 100s of kilos of mushrooms and spend weeks picking.

I forgot this is an old thread and ivr probably told a different version of this story itt. Anywag mushrooms are free for a few months.

I might go picking. Season starts any day now.

im going to australia one year just for this

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Shaquin posted:

i think telling someone to go to TCC is the same as telling them to kill themselves

Are you kidding? TCC is all about arm reduction.

actually you understood my post very well

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Dr. Dogballs Jr. posted:

im going to australia one year just for this

Tehy grow on parliament house. Mushrooms syart growing at the first frost and a few weeks later theres a big bush doof called 'first frost'.

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
i think its important to not become jaded as a head and to take joy in folks excitement over the chance to step outside their normal

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I have a seriously good story about mushroom picking but ive tried like 3 times to make it vauger and vauger but theres no way i can write it on the internet without possibly puttinf someone else in legal poo poo

Dr. Dogballs Jr.
Jun 9, 2014

the angriest sex machine
isaac you ate speed and told us about it i wanna hear the story. what does it involve at least

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
A guy with half his bones broken crawling, hitchiking and eventually catching busses home to stash his mushrooms he picked.

Dr. Dogballs Jr.
Jun 9, 2014

the angriest sex machine

Isaac posted:

A guy with half his bones broken crawling, hitchiking and eventually catching busses home to stash his mushrooms he picked.

:captainpop:

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Theres lots of other poo poo that went on its a good story. But i rry to only incriminate myself and not other people

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

Apocalypto

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Ladyhawke, probably the only way to make it enjoyable

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
yeah i dont think anyone is gonna internet detective the details of some random druggie on his mushroom picking adventure but feel free to be a vague withholding rear end in a top hat if it gets your rocks off

also I probably posted this already but dont waste shrooms on some lame goony poo poo like playing with toys or watching the matrix just sit and think you'll get much more out of it even entertainment-wise unless you're a dull gently caress with nothing going on mentally.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Mr. Unlucky posted:

also I probably posted this already but dont waste shrooms on some lame goony poo poo like playing with toys or watching the matrix just sit and think you'll get much more out of it even entertainment-wise unless you're a dull gently caress with nothing going on mentally.

So what should people do on psychedelics? People always say don't watch tv or movies, but they don't offer specific alternatives.

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james

Nigmaetcetera posted:

So what should people do on psychedelics? People always say don't watch tv or movies, but they don't offer specific alternatives.

you should finish your homework, because drugs are for dumb children

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
Look who's talking too

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
Meet the Fockers

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
Father of the bride

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

OP, watch this drive - george w.bush.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doodlebugs
Feb 18, 2015

by Lowtax
Altered States OP

• Locked thread