Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Problem description: if my LG29 ultrawide monitor is plugged in along with my other acer monitor, my computer simply won't start properly. It goes to sorta POST by showing "press F2 for bios menu", but I can't actually press F2. If I unplug my monitors, and let the computer start again, and plug my monitors 1 minute in, it works fine. My LG is connected via HDMI, my acer is via DVI.

Attempted fixes: I've made sure my Win10 drivers are correct, but doesn't seem like it would matter.

Recent changes: Upgraded into a GTX 970 from a GTX680, that's when the problems started.

--

Operating system: win10

System specs: i5-3570k, GTX 970, corsair 8gm ram, crucial SSD, 500w PSU

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes, oh yes. A hard issue to google, too.

Vahakyla fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Jan 27, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Run http://www.wagnardmobile.com/?q=display-driver-uninstaller-ddu- and then install the latest video card drivers. See if that changes anything.

If that doesn't work then I'd make sure you're using the latest motherboard BIOS.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
I'll do that right now, but I was not aware GPU drivers could be in play so early in the boot sequence.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Okay so with anyone who owns a ECS Z77H2-A3 motherboard, the issue is the outdated bios. However, I ran into issues since the bios updates from the websites would not work. I found the reason, they list a windows8-bios patch there that you have to install first, which I did. After that update, everything works.

...I also learned what the hell ME_UNLOCK jumper is. You are going to need it.

Thanks for the help.

• Locked thread