Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Psychic Who Bilked Man of More Than $550,000 Is Set Free

quote:

The sentencing in Manhattan on Tuesday was the culmination of a bizarre crime of deception that stood out even against the backdrop of similar swindles that play out across decks of tarot cards and over crystal balls. The victim in the case, Niall Rice, 33, an online entrepreneur, paid more than $550,000 to Ms. Delmaro, 26, who promised to reunite him with a woman he loved. The ruse continued even after they learned the woman had died.

I, for one, am shocked at the audacity of such fraud. It's people like her who give genuine psychics a bad name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
i saw this coming just like your mom

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Aww that's sad he loved someone so much he was willing to pay almost a million to find her and then they turned up dead.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Microwaves Mom posted:

Aww that's sad he loved someone so much he was willing to pay almost a million to find her and then they turned up dead.

And then he paid a bunch of money to reincarnate her soul into another body. Then he was surprised to discover that wasn't real.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Applewhite posted:

And then he paid a bunch of money to reincarnate her soul into another body.

oh didnt know that part...

I was gonna say next time he should just hire a detective.

milkingmycow
Mar 28, 2008

by Cyrano4747
It's just Killgrave's sister bro

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Scammers who prey on the rich should be lauded, not prosecuted. Nobody gets mad at the state lottery for scamming the poors.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
But seriously, shouldn't all psychics, everywhere, be arrested and charged with fraud?

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
the real psychics evade well or make the COPS heads explode

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Applewhite posted:

But seriously, shouldn't all psychics, everywhere, be arrested and charged with fraud?

real pyschics avoid jail cause they can see the cops coming.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

quote:

online entrepreneur
I'm guessing this is a case of scammer vs scammer. Or bitcoin dude gets tragically robbed before another coinista can do it

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Microwaves Mom posted:

oh didnt know that part...

I was gonna say next time he should just hire a detective.

A detective would only help with one of his two aims. In addition to finding her he seemed to want the psychic to somehow make her love him, because rather than a long lost love she was a chick he met in rehab who didn't return his affections. He also hosed the psychic at one point, lol.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Microwaves Mom posted:

real pyschics avoid jail cause they can see the cops coming.

Well then obviously we can treat a successful arrest as evidence of fraud.

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer
As a psychic I can see the future where this thread is gassed.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Ben Smash posted:

As a psychic I can see the future where this thread is gassed.

Can you reunite me with my high school crush and cast a spell to bind her soul to mine?

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Hey OP im a voodoo master I've already cast a dick shriveling spell at you

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

amityville anus posted:

Hey OP im a voodoo master I've already cast a dick shriveling spell at you

You seem to have cast it backwards because I'm rock hard.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
just show me your palm... there's your life line... ah, here's a large property line, very nice.... and here's the moat! *spittoey!!!*

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Applewhite posted:

I watched Scanners so I don't think antagonizing them is prudent.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
It's molting right now it will bleed for a week and then the outer layer of skin will fall off

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer

Applewhite posted:

Can you reunite me with my high school crush and cast a spell to bind her soul to mine?

Sure, but I'm going to need $25k up front and then $100k and a handy on delivery.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Ben Smash posted:

Sure, but I'm going to need $25k up front and then $100k and a handy on delivery.

You drive a hard bargain, but it will all be worth it when she finally loves me!
I'm glad I'm a rational, intelligent person who is paying a wizard to cast spells.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

She had to have seen this coming.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
I'm the online entrepreneur who paid a psychic half a million dollars to help stalk a girl I was obsessed with, even after she turned out to be dead

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Aralan posted:

I'm the online entrepreneur who paid a psychic half a million dollars to help stalk a girl I was obsessed with, even after she turned out to be dead

When did you first begin to suspect the fortune teller might not have been fully honest with you?

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Applewhite posted:

When did you first begin to suspect the fortune teller might not have been fully honest with you?

When i couldn't see that familiar look of pity and disgust in my reincarnated lady love's eyes, that's when I knew something was amiss

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Applewhite posted:

And then he paid a bunch of money to reincarnate her soul into another body. Then he was surprised to discover that wasn't real.

He should have reincarnated it into an anime

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Microwaves Mom posted:

how is $550,000 almost a million are you retarded

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Sheep-Goats posted:

He should have reincarnated it into an anime

For that much money he could have financed a pretty decent anime short starring his deceased crush and he would have had more to show for his troubles.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

JakeP posted:

It's better than 51% and he's rounding up.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

i like that episode of the x-files where the guy goes round murdering psychics and he's all like "tbf, you really should've seen this coming".

how come no psychic has ever won the lottery, warned people about natural disasters or made a fortune on a roulette wheel or anything remotely cool at all?

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
For half a million I could find a suit of armor and pay a hobo for years to be his sex bot

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

the entrepreneurial spirit still lives in america

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

JakeP posted:

In the article it mentions he paid $713K if you include money he gave to a previous fraud psychic, which still isn't almost a million but it's closer

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

How do I become an online entrepreneur? It sounds like the perfect job for me, you get lots of money and you don't have to be very smart.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Skeleton Ape posted:

How do I become an online entrepreneur? It sounds like the perfect job for me, you get lots of money and you don't have to be very smart.

send me $10,000 and i'll send you a package containing everything you need to be an internet entrepreneur

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

Quote-Unquote posted:

how come no psychic has ever won the lottery, warned people about natural disasters or made a fortune on a roulette wheel or anything remotely cool at all?

Um, it doesn't work like that DUMB rear end. They just get FEELINGS that are conveniently vague. Also the spirits mumble in a way that it's hard to make out any specific names, numbers, or places.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Quote-Unquote posted:

That's a very good question...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Skeleton Ape posted:

Um, it doesn't work like that DUMB rear end. They just get FEELINGS that are conveniently vague. Also the spirits mumble in a way that it's hard to make out any specific names, numbers, or places.

the spirits have given me a FEELING that you should kill ur famil. they were vague though so it might have just been to kill yourself

• Locked thread