Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
A bill has been introduced in the House regarding the classification of flamethrower. Rep. Elliot Engel of New York introduced the bill in November to legally regard flamethrower in the same manner as machine guns, meaning criminal penalties, the process to get one, etc would be identical.

On rare occasions Congress can be pretty awesome.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-congress/house-bill/4009/amendments.

Would love to see the debate on this one if the bill gains any traction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
OOOH NOOO I JST SHIIIT MY drat PANTSSSSSSSS

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
It is actually called the "Flamethrowers? Really? Act". Looks like congress has some comedians working there.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Nooner posted:

OOOH NOOO I JST SHIIIT MY drat PANTSSSSSSSS

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
If we make flamethrowers illegal then only criminals will have flamethrowers

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
your mom OP

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
AHAHAHHAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAH! :laffo:
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
anti-flame is anti-gay

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard
100% Honest: I'd love to own a flamethrower, but I suppose I don't really have a problem showing ID and so forth to do so

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
I'd like to think I had something to do with this bill being introduced.

Not that I support it, mind you.

I think we should all have access to flamethrowers.

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
what about my industrial sized invasive plant species problem OP

its the only thing that works

seroiusly

im being dead serious

DAEDLY loving SERIOUS

BETTER BELIEVE IT

FUCKE ME

DESIDEDLY SERIOUS

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

The man coming for your flamethrowers folks.

The face of the enemy.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
I'm fuming mad!
http://engel.house.gov/on-the-issues/
Now where on his webpage does it mention his stance on Flamethrowers!

WHY IS HE HIDING IT?!?!?!??!?!?!
Why the coverup?

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

what a bunch of trembling libs

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark
Is there some kind of problem with flamethrowers? Like there's a dozen flamethrowerings a day at the mall or school or whatever? Goddamn the price of flamethrowers is gonna be through the stratosphere.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Chinatown posted:

your mom OP

She doesn't own a flamethrower so this would not apply to her.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
flamethrowers really are not all that reliable, they're messy because they constantly leak, and the range fluctuates.

if you want to set something on fire just use regular incendiary rounds.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
good to know congress is working on the real issues plaguing the American political landscape

FishionMailed
Feb 2, 2014

by zen death robot
this site sells flamethrowers and napalm, get yours before obummer steals your rights:

https://throwflame.com/

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Retail Slave posted:

A bill has been introduced in the House regarding the classification of flamethrower. Rep. Elliot Engel of New York introduced the bill in November to legally regard flamethrower in the same manner as machine guns, meaning criminal penalties, the process to get one, etc would be identical.

On rare occasions Congress can be pretty awesome.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-congress/house-bill/4009/amendments.

Would love to see the debate on this one if the bill gains any traction.

Not in this Congress. They're still pissed at the states like New York and Connecticut putting their firearm ban laws that they'll table this just to spite them.

FishionMailed posted:

this site sells flamethrowers and napalm, get yours before obummer steals your rights:

https://throwflame.com/

I did not know that napalm was actually something you could buy. I knew flamethrowers could be bought for civilian use, but I assumed that it was just the propane flamers, since it's just a fireball from gas combustion and not jellied stuff that can stick to women and kids, and not actually something that spat out napalm.

Oh woah, that's some ballsy maneuver there. Gotta be confident that the propulsion keeps that gout of flame up and not falling little bits of flaming jelly.

FishionMailed
Feb 2, 2014

by zen death robot
imo it's hilarious when people are quibbling about various gun features to ban or not when I can literally mail order napalm :911:

Bobert Bobertson
Apr 1, 2014
how will this affect the moltov market, is what i'm wondering

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

FishionMailed posted:

imo it's hilarious when people are quibbling about various gun features to ban or not when I can literally mail order napalm :911:

There's a reason why there's been 5 Death Wish movies but only 2 Exterminator films. A vigilante with a flamethrower is impressive but he's obviously not hiding that poo poo anywhere like a gun.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
hopefully this will finally do something about the terrible rash of flamethrower related crimes

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
they can have my flamethrower when they pry it from my wildly flailing, currently ignited hands

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

great now how am i going to rapidly de-ice my car this february?

Simstim
Mar 16, 2005

You just gave me a great idea buddy.

FishionMailed posted:

http://www.brownells.com/items/gun-powder.aspx

null
Feb 19, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
What's wrong with using a flamethrower to hunt so you can provide food for your family?

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Flamethrowers have legitimate agricultural applications, and there are many laws governing arson, and precisely zero spree killings have ever been committed with flamethrowers(outside of war), and video games are not real life.

This is a colossal waste of time and money.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

VendaGoat posted:

The man coming for your flamethrowers folks.

The face of the enemy.

Yo gently caress this guy

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Do It Once Right posted:

Flamethrowers have legitimate agricultural applications, and there are many laws governing arson, and precisely zero spree killings have ever been committed with flamethrowers(outside of war), and video games are not real life.

This is a colossal waste of time and money.

No but you see they're weapons and only republicans like weapons

Now if you excuse me I'm going to read the anarchist's cookbook and make some stupid retarded chemical concoction to hurt people that doesn't really count as a weapon because it's made out of household components you see, I can't break laws if the laws don't exist governing chlorox!

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

The Taint Reaper posted:

Now if you excuse me I'm going to read the anarchist's cookbook and make some stupid retarded chemical concoction to hurt people that doesn't really count as a weapon because it's made out of household components you see, I can't break laws if the laws don't exist governing chlorox!

T-T-T-T-T-TAINT REAPED (read in q3 monster kill voice)

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
In the early 1950s, Norway developed its own napalm, based on fatty acids in whale oil. The reason for this development was that the American-produced thickening agent performed rather poorly in the cold Norwegian climate. The product was known as Northick 11II.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

The Taint Reaper posted:

all weapons are some stupid retarded chemical concoction to hurt people because all weapons are made of chemicals

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
Go ahead and make the bill if u think the world is better w/ less flamethowers, nerd. While ur pattin urself on tha back, I'll just be over here training my charmander 2 eat ur rear end in the bad way. :flipoff:

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
it's probably just going to end up being a new way for cops to arrest/assault random black guys somehow

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009
a terrorist walks into a school. thankfully no one died since he was armed with a flamethrower instead of literally anything else

somuch_gravy
Oct 25, 2014

this place is good and not bad
the people who already own flamethrowers will get to keep owning their flamethrowers. the only ppl crazy enough to own flame throwers own flame throwers. catch 22 baby...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A_Bug_That_Thinks
Mar 16, 2011

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE BIG SAGGY POKEMON TITS
They made a flamethrower that works using force fields It's handheld

XM42

• Locked thread