Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Mithranderp posted:

that bold was in my original post

I still have no idea why he thinks that post in particular is scummy, but :shrug:

woooooops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Mithranderp posted:

oh I thought that was a rhetorical question.

Like if you look at it from that angle it could be valuable

I also think it'd be incredibly dumb.

Mith if what you're saying is true what do you know about this scum power?

white mans burping
Feb 24, 2015

Beetphyxious posted:

Hmmm Mith being unable to see the value in scum trying to get suspicion off their own via the possession power.

Like she's flat out ignoring that possibility.

And now soag is too.

no i just think youre pushing way too hard with it

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Beetphyxious posted:

Hmmm Mith being unable to see the value in scum trying to get suspicion off their own via the possession power.

Like she's flat out ignoring that possibility.

And now soag is too.

I can see your point but it's important to remember that auspol are a bunch of (non-lawyer) babies and if bif hadn't exorcised mith the weird posting could have seen her get lynched.

It's possible you were already thinking of this but still.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I didn't bold the be, Mith did in her original post.

I quoted that post because she is continuing to frame it soley around scum using the power to make town suss on her and ignoring the opposite the bird were talking about.

white mans burping
Feb 24, 2015
im just sitting here eating ice cream i dont know why y'all hate me

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

"Let me get this straight..."

SKY COQ posted:

Wait are you actually d1 claiming some kind of kill you are self on lunch power?

Leaning toward voting soag based on him literally voting to kill a baby but let's talk this through first

chigao chigao nothing like that!

But I can be modkilled easily, if suspicion is very high on me, I will get modkill and flip. Town will technically not waste its lynch this way. I will die, but town will have another chansu

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Gwynplaine posted:

ne ne

What if scum exist only as possessions from the mod? And lynching them just makes them possess someone else? What if the only way to killbscum is to exorcise? What does that camera do?

Is this a pure fantasy cooked up from your Pokemon-addled brain, or do you know more about these ghosts than you're letting on?

Personally I find the idea ludicrous. If exorcism was the only way to permanently end a ghost, instead of merely freeing someone from its power, they would hardly wish to make their influence so blindingly obvious.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

Lid posted:

Mith if what you're saying is true what do you know about this scum power?

I don't really understand your question?

I still don't know who or what targeted me, all I got was a PM saying that I was possessed and could only use google translate to post in gujarati.

Like I know as much as the rest of town does about all this.

white mans burping
Feb 24, 2015
Can we vote gwyn next, his japanesu is uncomfortably close to anime for my liking

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
idk what's happening anymore bbl going to get drunk
I think it will help me understand more

white mans burping
Feb 24, 2015

Gwynplaine posted:

chigao chigao nothing like that!

But I can be modkilled easily, if suspicion is very high on me, I will get modkill and flip. Town will technically not waste its lynch this way. I will die, but town will have another chansu

why dont we try killing him and see what happens?

worst case scenario we get another chansu

white mans burping
Feb 24, 2015
hurrrrrrr soag you want to vote a town r u scum or what

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Mithranderp posted:

oh I thought that was a rhetorical question.

Like if you look at it from that angle it could be valuable

I also think it'd be incredibly dumb.

It clearly wasn't rhetorical.

And no it's not dumb.

Consider everything.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Mithranderp posted:

I don't really understand your question?

I still don't know who or what targeted me, all I got was a PM saying that I was possessed and could only use google translate to post in gujarati.

Like I know as much as the rest of town does about all this.

did it say you weren't allowed to mention being possessed until cured or whatever

if you already said that in another language i absolutely ignored it

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

this thread is doing my loving head in

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I guess you could try and engage why it's dumb instead of a blatant dismissal. Please?

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

white mans burping posted:

why dont we try killing him and see what happens?

worst case scenario we get another chansu

If I get to minus two, I will do the bad thing.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Yeah this is doing my head in; I wouldn't put it past evil ghosts to have some sort of masquerade where they take over the audience and jump from one to another, although I'll admit to thinking it might be a little hard to win if we lost poeple with the ability to exorcise them. That would seem a bit unbalanced.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

How many pro whips do we have?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Well none of you have used the bolded vote.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
I'm legit feeling very attacked rn

Seagull posted:

did it say you weren't allowed to mention being possessed until cured or whatever

if you already said that in another language i absolutely ignored it

It didn't say I wasn't allowed to mention being possessed. I did mention being haunted, which is the closest thing I could say using gorram google translator. It said it would last all day unless something interrupted it.

Beetphyxious posted:

I guess you could try and engage why it's dumb instead of a blatant dismissal. Please?

I already said why it's dumb. There'd be too much of a risk for scum to target one of their own, on day 1. It'd bring about too much suspicion on the target. In targeting a town, the scum a) get to figure out if there's someone who can exorcise, and b) immediately put the spotlight on someone who isn't them.

white mans burping
Feb 24, 2015
I'm Pro-Whip

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

I'm pro whip in the future, but I think on D1 it gives the evil ghosts an unfair advantage since the good guys might still be getting themselves into the game and getting organised. In the next few days, it could definitely be an option.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Gwynplaine posted:

##vote Gwynplaine

Ok

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Mithranderp posted:

I already said why it's dumb. There'd be too much of a risk for scum to target one of their own, on day 1. It'd bring about too much suspicion on the target. In targeting a town, the scum a) get to figure out if there's someone who can exorcise, and b) immediately put the spotlight on someone who isn't them.

Were you in that game where I night killed bell jar after arguing with him all day, then said it would be dumb for me to do that, drawing attention to myself like that?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
mr beet, do you really suspect miss mith of possessing herself or being possessed by a ghost buddy to gain flesh and blood cred?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Pro-Whip

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Beetphyxious posted:

Were you in that game where I night killed bell jar after arguing with him all day, then said it would be dumb for me to do that, drawing attention to myself like that?

probably?

in any case, that was a risky gambit you pulled in that game. I'm not brave/stupid enough to do something like that.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Lid posted:

Pro-Whip

Same, it benefits town.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

bowmore posted:

mr beet, do you really suspect miss mith of possessing herself or being possessed by a ghost buddy to gain flesh and blood cred?

I'm not sure it is possession, Mith was posting entirely normally sans for the fact it was in another language. If the posts were saying stuff different like they were being forced to that would be something but instead what we have is a meaningless roleplay.

Though that does ask questions as to why there is a power to exorcise a roleplay. This is why I was asking it Mith had more info because the little information we've been given doesn't make much sense.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Beetphyxious posted:

Very insulted right now

That was a funny joke and you're being sexist by not being happy to be mistaken for in one of my posts

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Gwynplaine posted:

Tut tut tut, you have such a long life-line young lady. You should quit this talk of self-voting.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Lid posted:

I'm not sure it is possession, Mith was posting entirely normally sans for the fact it was in another language. If the posts were saying stuff different like they were being forced to that would be something but instead what we have is a meaningless roleplay.

Though that does ask questions as to why there is a power to exorcise a roleplay. This is why I was asking it Mith had more info because the little information we've been given doesn't make much sense.

all the PM told me was that I was possessed, had to use google translate to post in that language, and that it would continue til the end of the day unless interrupted.

like it was definitely a possession, designed to draw out exactly this kind of speculation about me

if it weren't a possession, wouldn't bif's exorcism action fail?

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

SKY COQ posted:

Same, it benefits town.

I disagree. On D1 the scum can chat to each other out of thread to make sure they're all aware enough to avoid the whip, whilst there's definitely a chance some straggling town that might not have noticed the game has started. From D2 onwards they become more of a liability, but on D1 the whip seems only to benefit the only ghosts/people who are in a position to prod each other to keep above the line.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Mithranderp posted:

if it weren't a possession, wouldn't bif's exorcism action fail?
From the second time the exorcism line was used drawing a reaction from Anidav I'd agree with this logic.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Lid posted:

umm mr. lid...miss mith told us that she was told she was possessed

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I can't say yet if Mith would do such a gambit to fool us, but I'm beginning to think the ghosts must have some way to affect either themselves or their allies. If they could only affect the innocent, it would be child's play for us to confirm who was truly possessed.

So if not her, another ghost could definitely attempt it in the future.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Bifauxnen posted:

I can't say yet if Mith would do such a gambit to fool us, but I'm beginning to think the ghosts must have some way to affect either themselves or their allies. If they could only affect the innocent, it would be child's play for us to confirm who was truly possessed.

So if not her, another ghost could definitely attempt it in the future.

Very true.

I'm not saying it's impossible for a scumbro possession to happen (not being scum, I have no idea) just that (IMO) it'd be a really stupid thing to do on day 1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Zetsubou-san posted:

Tut tut tut, you have such a long life-line young lady. You should quit this talk of self-voting.

Never self vote, but I would modkilled

Town no tame ni

##pro whip

• Locked thread