Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona

Isaac posted:

Id say i was in prison then make powerful eye contact with the interviewer

lol im gonna try this next time.

ya i was in prison. i was the head baker in the prison bakery so before i left the kitchen CO was like "you can put this on your resume!" and i was like ummmmmm no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona

Aralan posted:

Isn't the general resume lie for being in prison to say you worked for whatever state/municipal entity controlled the prison you were in

well considering i was in federal prison i think US FEDERAL GOVERNMENT might raise more questions than it answers considering i cook for a living lol. i've steady employment history my entire adult life so i just stretch the work dates and considering my boss prior to prison was an ex-con too he doesnt mind lying for me

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

revmoo posted:

Protip: open an LLC. It's $40 in my state. Then you can lie all you want on your resume.

I've literally had background check companies call me and ask if I worked at my company.

"Uhh yes, I can confirm that. Have a nice day"

holy poo poo i like it

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
is all this resume fuckery poisoning the well, i wonder? i have to hire people from time to time and even before reading this thread i knew to look at every resume as something likely filled with embellishments and half-truths

is this just making employers crank their bullshit detectors to 11?

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

A misanthrope posted:

is all this resume fuckery poisoning the well, i wonder? i have to hire people from time to time and even before reading this thread i knew to look at every resume as something likely filled with embellishments and half-truths

I can't imagine it's something new. If anything, being able to trick your employers is a time honored tradition, dating back at least as far as Achilles convincing Agamemnon he was invincible

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
Lipstick Apathy

A misanthrope posted:

find out next after weather

jlechem
Nov 2, 2011

Fun Shoe
I keep my resume 100 percent factual because it's easy to check and if it's fake well you can get canned pretty easy

Now in an interview lie like a mother fucker

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
~*blessed by the algorithm*~

Aralan posted:

Actually I'm a developer and I Google everything and now I'm pretty sure I know less about programming than I did when I graduated

Apparently most college graduates don't really know how to program. Yet they still get jobs.

http://blog.codinghorror.com/why-cant-programmers-program/

quote:

I've personally interviewed graduates who can't answer "Write a loop that counts from 1 to 10"

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

SweetKarma posted:

Apparently most college graduates don't really know how to program. Yet they still get jobs.

http://blog.codinghorror.com/why-cant-programmers-program/

lol I still check to make sure I can do fizzbuzz whenever I start farming out my resume. Nobody's ever actually made me do it*, but I can totally understand how a developer who spends his life crawling around legacy code would forget how to do something that basic. As a basic bitch graduate I could've done it in every language I got taught though, so I don't know what kind of garbage curriculum they run in the schools that guy deals with.

*They occasionally make me do pseudocode online, but mostly just logic puzzles. One time they asked me the water jug question from Die Hard 3 and got upset when I said "Oh hey that's the puzzle from Die Hard"

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
~*blessed by the algorithm*~

FishionMailed posted:

lol if you went to school and didn't just straight lie about it on your resume

half the places don't even bother to check lmao and if they do and catch you out you just go 'wooopwoopwoopwoop' out the room. it's not illegal to lie on a resume

then once you have a couple years experience no one gives a poo poo about where you went to school and you're gold pony boy

Pretty much this. It makes me wonder how far ahead I could get just by lying on my resume. Let's be honest, most people don't actually use the poo poo they learned in college or trade school in day-to-day business.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
i was a drug dealer

Exceptionally quick mental conversions between imperial and metric

• Locked thread