Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Rinkles posted:

How's it like P4?

Instead of personas you basically have digimon, and it's pretty robust, you can digivolve, de-digivolve, feed digimon to other digimon to make them stronger and stuff. You can access the digital world almost at any time basically kinda like going into the the tv world in persona. In persona you're basically a detective, same here.

Both are anime as gently caress.

It's great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
http://www.digimonworld.org/2016/02/voice-acted-scenes-removed-in-english.html

Lovely.

Apparently the Dianamon-related DLC quests are missing too.

Bamcooooooooooo!!! :argh: Fix this poo poo!

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I wish the difficulty levels in this game weren't so wildly divergent.

Early on into the game it feels like you either die in two hits or you kill everything in 1 hit depending on your difficulty, which really isn't that amusing.

I'm psyched about evolving my mons though. Always loved the Angemon series.

Can't wait till I can find an Impmon or whatever it is that evolves into Beelzemon.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

jumping into a nurse's terminal to get a door open is the most Battle Network thing ever

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
RizeGreymon, Metal Greymon, and one level away from getting Aero Veedramon. My team is pretty beast.

Also, this game is good.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I want Omnimon, MagnaAngemon, and HerculesKabuterimon. That's what I want.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

projecthalaxy posted:

I want Omnimon, MagnaAngemon, and HerculesKabuterimon. That's what I want.

Fair warning, Omnimon's quest locked. All of the royal knights and their variants are. The only thing that can be considered an exception is Imperialdramon's Dragon and Fighter modes, but Paladinmon technically isn't a Royal Knight (though I guess the game considers it one anyway)

Only drat reason I'm not beelining Alphamon right this second.

Supremezero fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Feb 3, 2016

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

Supremezero posted:

Fair warning, Omnimon's quest locked. All of the royal knights and their variants are. The only thing that can be considered an exception is Imperialdramon's Dragon and Fighter modes.

What about Omnimon Zwart?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

There are occasionally times when I can't tell if people are saying real Digimon names or making obscure jokes.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Emong posted:

What about Omnimon Zwart?

Him too. Despite being DLC. Yeah, I dunno.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Supremezero posted:

Fair warning, Omnimon's quest locked. All of the royal knights and their variants are. The only thing that can be considered an exception is Imperialdramon's Dragon and Fighter modes, but Paladinmon technically isn't a Royal Knight (though I guess the game considers it one anyway)

Well I'll find something to occupy my time, I'm sure. Maybe get a VenomMyotismon.

Emong
May 31, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

There are occasionally times when I can't tell if people are saying real Digimon names or making obscure jokes.

I am always very serious about Digimon.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I wish the difficulty levels in this game weren't so wildly divergent.

Early on into the game it feels like you either die in two hits or you kill everything in 1 hit depending on your difficulty, which really isn't that amusing.

I'm psyched about evolving my mons though. Always loved the Angemon series.

Can't wait till I can find an Impmon or whatever it is that evolves into Beelzemon.

What difficulty are you playing on? I'm on hard and it seems fine so far.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I wouldn't switch to hard until you get at least 3 Digimon. You can get plowed by the opening dungeon.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Harlock posted:

I wouldn't switch to hard until you get at least 3 Digimon. You can get plowed by the opening dungeon.

Well, you apparently can't actually die in the opening dungeon. But yeah.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

The REAL Goobusters posted:

What difficulty are you playing on? I'm on hard and it seems fine so far.

I found the chapter 2 boss to be a bit of a surprise on normal, mostly because my party had 2 data types in it who kept getting clowned in one hit. My Galgomon was nearly invincible though. Type distribution is important I guess.

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
Has anyone played this on the PS TV and how well does it hold up compared to the ps4/vita?

Emong
May 31, 2011

Adel posted:

Has anyone played this on the PS TV and how well does it hold up compared to the ps4/vita?

I've been playing it on a PS TV and I haven't really noticed anything to complain about.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Supremezero posted:

Well, you apparently can't actually die in the opening dungeon. But yeah.

My terriermon got merc'd on hard in the first dungeon so you can definitely die

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

this game seems crazy easy but at least the anime babes are bad

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
That DLC Black Agumon's making me devolve all the way back to baby form just to get those extra levels, but I don't care. I'm going to Zwart him and Black Garurumon even if it takes me a few hours of grinding to get those knights!

Also I feel kind of bad acing all of these quizzes from my farm boys when I have the internet to look up any digimon I somehow don't know about.

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???

Emong posted:

I've been playing it on a PS TV and I haven't really noticed anything to complain about.

Awesome, I love the gently caress out of digimon and I never expected them to localize this game, so the PS TV is pretty much my only option for playing it. Do I need to buy a physical copy or do you download the game from the store?

Emong
May 31, 2011

Adel posted:

Awesome, I love the gently caress out of digimon and I never expected them to localize this game, so the PS TV is pretty much my only option for playing it. Do I need to buy a physical copy or do you download the game from the store?

There is no physical copy for Vita in the US, so downloading is your only option.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

Emong posted:

There is no physical copy for Vita in the US, so downloading is your only option.

Well poo poo. That's my last option. If sony doesn't come out with something that fixes the 3.57 bug then this'll have to wait until I get a ps4.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Ruggington posted:

My terriermon got merc'd on hard in the first dungeon so you can definitely die

*shrug* Every time I would've died, I just lived with 1 hp.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Sprite141 posted:

Well poo poo. That's my last option. If sony doesn't come out with something that fixes the 3.57 bug then this'll have to wait until I get a ps4.
Sony has said the PSN problems from 3.57 are ""fixed""

Not sure about the battery life stuff

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I wonder if any video game website is going to cover this game at all. Literally haven't seen anything about it.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Kotaku's had a few articles back when it was new in Japan, including one where the author has spent 12 hours grinding in the first room for some reason.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
Anyone know what determines a mon's max level? I know it has to be something changeable since I had a digimon hit max level but have digivolve options that require a higher one.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Harlock posted:

The battery problem needs a new firmware update to resolve, but you can work around it by letting the system go to sleep by itself instead of pressing the power button.

I'm stuck waiting til Friday for the UK launch, it might be worth noting for people who keep asking that this is originally a vita only title anyway so the PS4 version is an upscale job with a couple of bells on, there's no real cause for concern over possible vita performance issues.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Twibbit posted:

Anyone know what determines a mon's max level? I know it has to be something changeable since I had a digimon hit max level but have digivolve options that require a higher one.

Potential, if it's the same as Dusk. Digivolving will up it, Degenerate will up it less.

Emong
May 31, 2011

Twibbit posted:

Every time you dedigivolve them their max level will increase.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
Thank you very much for the information

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

Harlock posted:

Oh? Well that's better then. I think someone was still having problems in the vita thread last night though.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

The REAL Goobusters posted:

I wonder if any video game website is going to cover this game at all. Literally haven't seen anything about it.

Launching the first Digimon game in years the same month of the 20th anniversary of Pokemon was a mistake. After Sunday's Super Bowl ad it's going to be "Digi-what?"

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah, not only does going back to baby allow you to add some extra stats to the bigger forms but it gives you even more levels to give an extra boost to the higher forms I think. I don't know if there's a cut off from extra stats or not yet.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Dehry posted:

Launching the first Digimon game in years the same month of the 20th anniversary of Pokemon was a mistake. After Sunday's Super Bowl ad it's going to be "Digi-what?"

Kids already don't know what digimon is

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

This was a localization probably hastily put together with the numerous script issues and given no promotion. The only people buying it are JRPG / Digimon fans to begin with

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Ruggington posted:

Kids already don't know what digimon is

Yeah I'm pretty sure they have been forward with the fact that this game is "for" huge weeb nerdlords in their twenties and if kids play it than that's a bonus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

this game isn't marketed at kids at all, yeah. maybe teens will play it because it's got anime babes and a video game theme like sword art online, but it's aimed at people with nostalgia for digimon, not kids. They aren't trying to compete with Pokemon.

• Locked thread