Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
I don't know, I think there is some new blood that have been watching Digimon Fusion on the Nickelodeon channels and there's always going to be some kid/parent that sees mon on the cover and bite anyway. But that's probably a small trickle.

Also how do you get Black Gatomon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Crabtree posted:

I don't know, I think there is some new blood that have been watching Digimon Fusion on the Nickelodeon channels and there's always going to be some kid/parent that sees mon on the cover and bite anyway. But that's probably a small trickle.

Also how do you get Black Gatomon?

Impmon, Renamon, or Lopmon.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

http://pastebin.com/DvFj3BRN

A guy on Reddit put together a quick reference guide to what can digivolve to what and the requirements thereof.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Ok apparently the game runs on 3.55. So I'll just upgrade to that and download the game through my ps3.

I'm really psyched about this game. I never played digimon world, I started on the second one with the tank and randomly generated dungeons. Dusk and dawn are kinda similar in concept to that game, you being a part of the digital world. Or at least it reminds me of it. If this takes place after dawn then this should be really close to what I've been wanting from digimon games. :toot:

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.

Sprite141 posted:

Ok apparently the game runs on 3.55. So I'll just upgrade to that and download the game through my ps3.

I'm really psyched about this game. I never played digimon world, I started on the second one with the tank and randomly generated dungeons. Dusk and dawn are kinda similar in concept to that game, you being a part of the digital world. Or at least it reminds me of it. If this takes place after dawn then this should be really close to what I've been wanting from digimon games. :toot:

Takes place in its own universe but is basically a 3D version of Dawn/Dusk with an actual map.

Namaste
May 5, 2007
good news for people who love bald news
How do I get the DLC Digimon? I want dat Black Agumon.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Finish Chapter 1 and once you're able to leave the Detective agency to get coffee there's a "DLC Vendor" right outside the door. You might have to play a little longer to get access to the DigiLab if you don't have space at the time.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
So where can I get stuff for my digifarm that isn't the massively expensive element boost items from the terminal next to it?

Namaste
May 5, 2007
good news for people who love bald news

Harlock posted:

Finish Chapter 1 and once you're able to leave the Detective agency to get coffee there's a "DLC Vendor" right outside the door. You might have to play a little longer to get access to the DigiLab if you don't have space at the time.

Awesome, thanks. I think I'm about to hit that point.

Also, this game is gorgeous on Vita. Love the art style/colors.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

Kortel posted:

Takes place in its own universe but is basically a 3D version of Dawn/Dusk with an actual map.

Oh? Someone said it took place after it, and even has a character from it. I was reading the vita thread and this one at the same time so maybe I got mixed up?

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Sprite141 posted:

Oh? Someone said it took place after it, and even has a character from it. I was reading the vita thread and this one at the same time so maybe I got mixed up?

It has a character from it, but it's an "I come from another universe!" dealy.

Though, at the moment, it doesn't actually have those.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Sweet translation job they seem to have done here

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

MAKE WAY NEW STARS posted:

Sweet translation job they seem to have done here

Your Botamon doesn't dual-wield shotguns?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Rudoku posted:

Yea sorry you got the wimp rear end botamon dude mine's got a lil rambo headband and everything.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Mine is a giant testicle.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Rudoku posted:

Look at the answer the character actually selected.

Hope these quizzes aren't important!

History Comes Inside! fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Feb 4, 2016

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
If you think that's bad wait until you apparently pick the wrong math question answer.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Your opening infodump guy is named Old Man Fanta that rules

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

The REAL Goobusters posted:

What difficulty are you playing on? I'm on hard and it seems fine so far.

Currently on Normal. I'm going to switch to Hard once I get enough Memory to hold 3 Champions + 1 or 2 Rookies.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

That would be a hilarious running gag if it was intentional.

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

Remember that one time you totally botched that snap?

Crabtree posted:

If you think that's bad wait until you apparently pick the wrong math question answer.

This drove me crazy.

I just got a Paildramon, but I'm an idiot and used my Exveemon to initiate the DNA digivolve instead of my Stingmon, so now he only has 18 ABI. Gonna keep rocking it with him for a bit and I guess I'll just raise another Stingmon up to 100% CAM and do this all over again.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

So I just finished the coffee run and got access to the wide world and decided that the thing to do would be to spend the next two hours (and counting!) in the Digilab and Mirror Dungeons making sure I have all the available Rookies before I move on at all. I have a problem.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

projecthalaxy posted:

So I just finished the coffee run and got access to the wide world and decided that the thing to do would be to spend the next two hours (and counting!) in the Digilab and Mirror Dungeons making sure I have all the available Rookies before I move on at all. I have a problem.

No this is the right way to play

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

oh my god jimiken

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Ruggington posted:

oh my god jimiken

So who's bright idea was it for him to end every sentence in Lolz?

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
So this game has a bad translation? Is it bad or wacky bad?

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

it's a fine translation, it's just kind of weird in some spots

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

How is the story, period? Would the game still be worth playing if Digimon were stripped out of it entirely?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
The translation is sloppy more than terrible, which is understandable as A:This is a digimon game, a good one at that, in forever so they likely planned for not too great sales, B: a sub and not a full dub job and C: Weird enough in its own way that all of it works unlike the slapdash horseshit that was that Sword Art Online game. The world sort of works well enough without digimon, but don't think for a second that they didn't know who the real stars of this game were. The Megaten/Durara characters are fine, but I came here for my mon, goddangit!

The plot isn't that bad and by no means is the whole translation what I'd call lazy as they put a lot of effort into making these goofy asides, like when the Protagonist's Inner Voice apparently explains to you, The Player, what a digital sneeze is and why that's bad that its coming on. So at the end of the day, despite how much you can say this is more targeted towards old fans, this by no means stops this game from being a silly thing about weird digital monsters like a sapient pile of poop or tracking down apparently a real ghost for a bit. Which I'm also fine with because that's Digimon to its core.

Its very easy to pick up and play on PS4 or Vita and is no where near Falcom levels of needing a guide to know what the hell you could be missing at any given moment. There's some secrets places that you could click on to get small rewards, like the hidden joke characters ala Uchima Victory and his V shaped giant buzzcut afro or all the chests containing precious memory ups that you need to gobble down to have room for bigger and badder digipals.

Its a simple game to understand and can be quite fun if you don't mind doing a little grinding with some mons while the rest dig up more cases for you on your digifarms. I'd recommend trying it if you like general J/RPGs or are down to get some Beelzemons.

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Feb 4, 2016

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
When do you start getting Memory Ups anyways. I need more memory.

Somehow they can invent virtual reality but they still haven't solved the issue of memory storage.

Priorities, priorities...

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

When do you start getting Memory Ups anyways. I need more memory.

Somehow they can invent virtual reality but they still haven't solved the issue of memory storage.

Priorities, priorities...

You generally get them from boss fights, but on occasion you'll find one in a treasure chest or or as a side quest reward.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Crabtree posted:

I don't if it's the same in the US, but in the UK Amazon has cycles through a lot of old Digimon series in their streaming service, which is where my kid got into it.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Gravy Jones posted:

I don't if it's the same in the US, but in the UK Amazon has cycles through a lot of old Digimon series in their streaming service, which is where my kid got into it.

Oh yeah, pretty much the entire Digimon catalog is on Amazon US along with a lot of other 90s toons so there's always going to be someone that watches. And Digimon's been resilient enough to find a home anywhere it can on any station it can from season 4 onward. From ABC to CW to Disney to Nick. It is the only Not Pokemon Monster franchise that seems to refuse to die in the West.

Etemon finally got the music fans he always wanted. "its the most unique thing I've ever heard when I'm not trying to claw my own ears off. But never give up on music and it will never give up on you!":allears:

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

How do they handle the pre-order DLC for physical? Is it a code that comes with the disc or is it distributed some other way?

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Chucktesla posted:

How do they handle the pre-order DLC for physical? Is it a code that comes with the disc or is it distributed some other way?

I got an email from Best Buy.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Gamestop in store preorders have DLC codes printed on the pickup receipt.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Harlock posted:

I got an email from Best Buy.

Ditto, Amazon emailed me my code when my game shipped.

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Dang, I guess I can pick the dlc up when it apparently goes on sale next month

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Now having developed my first two Champions (BlackGarurumon and Leomon) I like that their field models appear to be close to actual canon size, i.e. much larger than you. Makes me hope that if you field such as a Zudomon/HerculesKabuterimon/VenomMyotismon squad you won't be able to see yourself or much else.

Also it's strange that BlackGabumon can evolve straight into BlackGarurumon while BlackAgumon has to degenerate and build levels to get to BlackGreymon. Think they would have gone one or the other for both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

projecthalaxy posted:

Now having developed my first two Champions (BlackGarurumon and Leomon) I like that their field models appear to be close to actual canon size, i.e. much larger than you. Makes me hope that if you field such as a Zudomon/HerculesKabuterimon/VenomMyotismon squad you won't be able to see yourself or much else.

Unfortunately, there's limits to that, due to the fact that yes, you should be able to see yourself. Examon, for example, is supposed to be god damned huge, but is more or less the same size as everything else.

Basically, once you hit Ultimate Size, it more or less stops increasing in size, and Ultimate isn't that much bigger than Champion. My Zudomon and Rizegreymon are about the same size, for example, though Zudomon's bigger simply due to being round. Angewomon's smaller, but that's almost entirely because she's built like a human.

Also, dammit game, why you got to force me to bring data types to a fight with ultimate level viruses.

Supremezero fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Feb 4, 2016

• Locked thread