Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RoxiesMD
Oct 20, 2013

by LadyAmbien

quote:

My situation starts back in 2009. I was having trouble in my marriage. Then I was ticketed two blocks away from the Home Depot on West Shaw in Fresno, where I had just visited. I later learned that Fresno Law Enforcement had a “pattern of practice” of unethically scanning license plates on private retail parking lots. They then pull the unsuspecting drivers over a block or two away from said parking lots. This was meant to optimize ticket revenue at a very minimal expense. Millions of dollars of revenue has been generated in this questionable manner by Fresno area Law Enforcement agencies. A “pattern of practice” that is still in use today by Fresno area Law Enforcement agencies.

The added financial stress related to this incident crippled what was left of my marriage. I was devastated, angry, and upset. I thought the parking lot license plate scanning was abusive and simply designed as a revenue generating scheme for the City of Fresno. So, as an expression of peaceful protest I voiced my opinion on the Fresno Bee, which I now realize was a mistake.

Here's his Blog (for those of you wondering, I'm not sure what he/she/zher/it/green's gender is, sry)
http://jodymurray.com/

Here's a recording of him recording a van.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkktSQNP5-g

Apparently, for some long period of time, this guy has been building and repairing watercraft/aquamarine vessels or something, and now he's DEADDDD.

ABC News Report
http://abc30.com/news/man-found-stabbed-in-burning-central-fresno-home/1167449/

quote:

FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) --
Police say a man who had been stabbed was found inside a burning Central Fresno home. He was pronounced dead at the hospital and the neighborhood is in shock.

The smoke was spotted by neighbors on Van Ness, just north of Belmont around 3:00 in the afternoon on Wednesday and firefighters just happened to be a few doors down on an unrelated call. Battalion Chief Todd Tuggle said, "While the 911 call was going in, neighbors were flagging down our engine company."

The home was heavily secured with a gate so firefighters had to force their way in. After a quick search, they found a man in the kitchen, unconscious and bleeding from several stab wounds. He was taken to the hospital and pronounced dead. Lt. Joe Gomez with the Fresno Police Department said, "Unknown if the stab wounds caused the death or the smoke inhalation, it's too early to tell."

Investigators call the death suspicious and they believe the house was intentionally set on fire.

Tamara Olivarria who lives across the street said, "He just got those lights fixed and the gate is locked so I'm not sure how anyone would have got in even, but it's kind of scary."

Police haven't confirmed it but neighbors say the victim is a man in his mid-40's-- a man who lived alone and worked on boats at the home. Theresa Fuentes says he was a friend and she's not sure why anyone would want to hurt him. "If it's a random thing, that makes it much scarier...cause the neighborhood is getting better, we thought," Fuentes said.

Olivarria added, "It's sad, you know, I hope he didn't experience a lot of pain."

At this point, there are no suspects and police need help solving the case.

These were posted a few days before he was found stabbed/burned.

So basically, what I've learned is that building/repairing water vessels WILL GET YOU STABBED AND BURNED.

RoxiesMD fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Jan 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Free Market Mambo
Jul 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Sea Patrol got him. He was involved in pleasure craft.

Smoking_Dragon
Dec 12, 2001

WOE UNTO THEE
Pillbug

Free Market Mambo posted:

Good riddance, loving scooby-doos!

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

😍❤️😘🔥

FishionMailed
Feb 2, 2014

by zen death robot
the police are a literal gang

water is wet

Big Black Brony
Jul 11, 2008

Congratulations on Graduation Shnookums.
Love, Mom & Dad
You have to admit that weird van and then fb posts are pretty loving weird. And then he dies from a stabbing and a house fire?

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
if you knew you were going to die on a specific night to the point where you are asking people with guns to come over... why not buy a loving gun

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

if you knew you were going to die on a specific night to the point where you are asking people with guns to come over... why not buy a loving gun

how does a gun gently caress?

Gay Hitler
Dec 11, 2006

I'm gay as heil!

Isn't this the same poo poo as the Linux nerd guy who bit the dust after tweeting about cops?

FishionMailed
Feb 2, 2014

by zen death robot

spacejew posted:

You have to admit that weird van and then fb posts are pretty loving weird. And then he dies from a stabbing and a house fire?

he was obviously murdered by pigs if that's what you're insinuating

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

There's a waiting period, isn't there?

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

boom boom boom posted:

not if you have a friend/craiglist contact with a gun

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
government get out

reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

anglachel
May 28, 2012

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

Gun's cost several hundred dollars. I am willing to bet a guy whose living is fixing boats probably doesnt have that much disposable income.

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

boom boom boom posted:

yeah who knows

how about this, leave. I'm not trying to call this dead man an idiot for not doing so, I mean he very well may be, but if you were reasonably certain you were going to be murdered and you couldn't call the police about it I have a feeling most people wouldnt just tweet and hope for the best

RoxiesMD
Oct 20, 2013

by LadyAmbien
I'm not really sure what his beef was with the cops. Prescanning license plates that are parked? idgi

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

Flamethrowers and pitchforks are part of the standard kit. Could it be...?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i lust for cop death

Big Black Brony
Jul 11, 2008

Congratulations on Graduation Shnookums.
Love, Mom & Dad

FishionMailed posted:

he was obviously murdered by pigs if that's what you're insinuating

Not insinuating, but that poo poo is strange. Wtf was that van? There were at least 3 guys in there and what was that camera?

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
If someone ever publicly claims their life is in danger, then they die shortly after, the list of subjects should be exceedingly short.

RoxiesMD posted:

I'm not really sure what his beef was with the cops. Prescanning license plates that are parked? idgi

Probably same as anyone's beef with the cops: they're murderous thugs

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
This poo poo is hosed.

Scary as gently caress, feels like Making a Murderer.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
lol the only thing police stab you with is bullets

RoxiesMD
Oct 20, 2013

by LadyAmbien
Also, apparently Fresno, CA is huge on Meth too, so there's that.

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

A misanthrope posted:

lol the only thing police stab you with is bullets

perfect cover

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Prorat posted:

This poo poo is hosed.

Scary as gently caress, feels like Making a Murderer.

really?
it sounds like he made poo poo up stabbed himself and burned down his house

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost
Black van full of dudes with a big camera on a 3-axis gimbal video stabilizer pointed at his house is pretty :tinfoil:

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

down n out posted:

Black van full of dudes with a big camera on a 3-axis gimbal video stabilizer pointed at his house is pretty :tinfoil:

yeah

and knowing exactly when he was going to be murdered is pretty bad too imo

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

FuhrerHat posted:

really?

And that video with the black van is a coincidence?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

FuhrerHat posted:

really?

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
I dunno, on the one hand this dude looks like a typical psycho

on the other hand, Fresno

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Prorat posted:

And that video with the black van is a coincidence?

who says thats his house
and not just him with a camera or something

i mean yes it is very creepy but no i dont believe this guy was so dangerous to some sort of parking lot ticketing racket that they killed him
i think hes crazy

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

FuhrerHat posted:

who says thats his house
and not just him with a camera or something

i mean yes it is very creepy but no i dont believe this guy was so dangerous to some sort of parking lot ticketing racket that they killed him
i think hes crazy

keep in mind that Fresno PD has a looooong line of corruption and scandal so there might be something to this

still betting nutter, though

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

ok maybe they killed him, jeez. kill me next, fresno PD

RoxiesMD
Oct 20, 2013

by LadyAmbien

VikingSkull posted:

keep in mind that Fresno PD has a looooong line of corruption and scandal so there might be something to this

still betting nutter, though

This is what google turned up

http://www.copblock.org/117637/fresno-police-chief-keith-foster-arrested-selling-drugs/
http://fresnopeoplesmedia.com/2015/04/fresno-chief-of-police-accused-of-murdersuicide-cover-up/
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-fresno-drug-charge-arrests-20150326-story.html
http://fresnopeoplesmedia.com/2015/04/police-misconduct-in-fresno-is-not-an-isolated-incident/

And I do believe everything I read on the internet.

spank my snatch
Jun 4, 2009

RoxiesMD posted:

Prescanning license plates that are parked? idgi

Yeah I don't quite understand what is supposedly happening here - what does the scanning accomplish?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i dunno, that seems overly complex for cops. i mean sure, they could have stabbed him and then set a fire to hide the evidence, but why go through all that trouble? arrest him for some minor offense and then shoot and/or beat him to death while telling him to stop resisting. the reason it happens so often is because it just plain works. i could see it if they had robbed the guy too, but he worked at an auto shop with a side job of boat repair. dude didnt have poo poo worth stealing.

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

hes saying he got seen on a private lot (like walmart) without proper tags or some poo poo
and then they gave him a ticket 2 blocks away

this, to him, will not stand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

FuhrerHat posted:

hes saying he got seen on a private lot (like walmart) without proper tags or some poo poo
and then they gave him a ticket at his house 2 blocks away

this, to him, will not stand

so wait, he was ticketed for a valid reason?

• Locked thread