Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Well, DMX recently died in a Ramada Inn parking lot and was resuscitated. So.... probably crazier than ever now after killing of a few brain cells.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Dirk Squarejaw posted:

Well, DMX recently died in a Ramada Inn parking lot and was resuscitated. So.... probably crazier than ever now after killing of a few brain cells.

hahaha when u say "recently" im thinking u meant like 6 months ago, not fuckin feb. 9th lmao

FishionMailed
Feb 2, 2014

by zen death robot
Deformed fool, taking a poo poo in a warm pool
'til they threw me out the Ramada Inn
I said it wasn't me, I got a twin (Oh my God, it's you! Not again!)

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
if this video footage is any indication that Marty Skreller guy really needs to watch out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFDET1ofI_M

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Dirk Squarejaw posted:

DMX might be immortal

Risky
May 18, 2003

You gotta hand it to this guy. He's literally embodied every evil ceo, teen bully trope from 80s movies and melded it into one persona, only he's completely serious.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Risky posted:

You gotta hand it to this guy. He's literally embodied every evil ceo, teen bully trope from 80s movies and melded it into one persona, only he's completely serious.

My favorite part about this guy is everyone is focusing their rage on him, and he's a great lightning rod for it, but if he goes to jail at all it will be some minimum security prison and maybe he'll be there just long enough to get Bernie Madoff's autograph which he'd sell for millions.

The angry revenge fantasy the internet has of him being raped to death by black gangbangers in some maximum security prison is just not going to ever happen.

He'll probably just pay some fine and go right back to not giving a gently caress about what the internet thinks and if there's anything that enrages the internet it's not caring what the internet thinks.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Risky posted:

He should be peeled.

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax

The Mentalizer posted:

He's a legit crazy person. I hated working sessions he was involved with because his behavior was always unpredictable and you never knew if it was gonna be cool guy DMX or pissed off angry DMX that was gonna show up. poo poo, even Onyx was easier and more pleasant to deal with than him.

E: I just remembered, he liked to bring his dog(s) with him too sometimes. They were always poorly behaved and just a pain in the rear end to have roaming around a recording studio.

remember around 2007 or so when dmx was getting arrested literally every few days?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

FishionMailed posted:

got my shkreli face on cuz I'ma killah

DOTAfaced Killah

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Romes128 posted:

DMX might be immortal

can we talk about how he is incredibly, unbelievably gay

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

TacticalUrbanHomo posted:

Hey, just because he talks at length about how he is going to give it to me, that doesn't make him gay :colbert:

Now, all the exaggerated macho poo poo in his songs might suggest he's running from something, yes

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Lil Bit O Vitriol posted:

Can you share some DMX stories?

I'd be happy to but honestly, there isn't really anything worth sharing. He wasn't an entertaining pain in the rear end, he was just an rear end in a top hat. He basically treated staff people like they were there to serve him in whatever way he deemed fit and if you didn't jump to the moment he said so then he'd be a dick to you for the rest of the time you were stuck with him. It's only notable because he was pretty much a rarity in that way. Contrary to what a lot of people may think, the majority of famous people I interacted with were all pretty nice and generally just pleasant to deal with. Even the ones who weren't would at least act like professionals; it was rare to get someone who acted like a spoiled/entitled brat. Coincidentally they would also be the least interesting people to deal with, leaving you without even a funny story to tell.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

Post an ask/tell or something please, i bet it would cool

I've thought about it before, I just wasn't sure if anybody was really interested enough to warrant one. I'll put some stories together and see if looks like there's enough to support a decent thread; it might also be interesting to some people as a "this is how the sausage gets made" look at making records.

a retard posted:

remember around 2007 or so when dmx was getting arrested literally every few days?

I do, and it was both completely unsurprising and funny as hell.

crowoutofcontext
Nov 12, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUe9WKLQGOs

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

during my two month stint at the recording studio, i was called in on a saturday evening to work for a surprise session with some local rapper, and his nine bestest friends. one of them ordered food at outback steakhouse, and i had to go pick it up.

as i waited to get the order, a server came up to me. "studio intern, huh?" i smiled and nodded. "haha, yeah" he spread his arms wide as violently as possible "we've all been there."

that was maybe the last clue that i didn't want to do this any more.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!
Yeah, it's the kind of job where if you don't genuinely love doing it then you're going to be absolutely miserable. It sure as hell doesn't pay well enough to overlook the bullshit. I always felt kinda bad for all the kids being churned out by schools like Full Sail who show up with dreams of being the next hot poo poo mixer, thinking their shiny new diploma in 'recording arts' or whatever bullshit the school sold them on means they're gonna be working sessions only to get in the door and have a plunger shoved in their hand and told to get to work on the toilet some dude clogged up with blunt fillings and the biggest dump they've ever seen in their life.

the future is WOW fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Feb 12, 2016

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

The Mentalizer posted:

I've thought about it before, I just wasn't sure if anybody was really interested enough to warrant one. I'll put some stories together and see if looks like there's enough to support a decent thread; it might also be interesting to some people as a "this is how the sausage gets made" look at making records.

Yeah maybe not in GBS but Ask/Tell or the Musicians Lounge. I assume you're an audio engineer? I'm sure it would be cool n interesting if you just posted whatever about making a record (cool to me at least :v: )

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

a retard posted:

Back in 2001, DMX ran afoul of the law at least a few times in Buffalo. My uncle was the judge that sentenced him, and if I remember correctly, I think DMX kinda made some half-assed threats against him. Good times.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Oh he most definitely does some gay poo poo

From the few songs of his I can remember he rapped about fuckin dudes like in a threatening way, but still you don't rap about gay poo poo like that without actually doing it

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
I mean kanye likes to get finger blasted in the rear end, and he's like the least hardcore rapper out there

If you graph a rappers hardcoreness to the closet gay poo poo they do its a steady incline

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i'm gonna shove a gun barrel up your rear end
(unless you aren't bleached, that poo poo's gross)

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
I like to think Belly is a documentary about dmx

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
gently caress NAS tho. He's a human being.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

for real though what kind of gay activities has dmx got up to, i want to know his tastes, intimately.

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

Romes128 posted:

"H to tha izzo M to tha izzo" an actual rap from Nas

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax
seriously DMX is so gay that the only person who could possibly give him a run for most flamboyant closeted gay man is marcus bachmann

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010
DMX, scared as hell on a carnival ride.

http://youtu.be/-tZ3-a7lCAU

Hal_2005
Feb 23, 2007
Martin looks like Brian Peppers. Someone with photoshop skills should get on this before his court appearance date.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

for real though what kind of gay activities has dmx got up to, i want to know his tastes, intimately.

Listen to his music

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Dirk Squarejaw posted:

Well, DMX recently died in a Ramada Inn parking lot and was resuscitated.
by a cop, no less

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Romes128 posted:

I will fight you to the death

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
Wow, they even made a special edition of http://isdmxinjail.com

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

TontoCorazon posted:

I will fight you to the death

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Romes128 posted:

gently caress you, pal

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
I'd rather listen to dmx rap about butt loving dudes than NAS make up words in his struggle to rhyme.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
gently caress NAS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
Did dmx ever get charged for his part in that Jamaican heroin smuggling operation?

• Locked thread