Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
This is the motor mount:

Also debating on what wheels I will eventually go with. Options I like:

Rota Grids:

MB Battles:

MB Weapons:

Enkei RPF1:

Enkei EVO 8:

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire

PaintVagrant posted:

Also debating on what wheels I will eventually go with. Options I like:

Rota Grids:

I like how those are the legitimate wheels the rotas are a copy of.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Grids.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

jamal posted:

I like how those are the legitimate wheels the rotas are a copy of.

Hehe, yeah...oops. Google image search doesn't understand the difference and apparently neither do I!

Seriously though if I had an NSX or something I would go ham and get Rays or Volk Te37s. But theres no way I am putting 2000 dollar wheels on my 6000 dollar car.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Wheels IMO need a bit of a concave deal going on so some lairy Grids work nicely. That said those MB Battles look pretty great...

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

88h88 posted:

Wheels IMO need a bit of a concave deal going on so some lairy Grids work nicely. That said those MB Battles look pretty great...

Right? The Battles are my favorite too. But available size is going to be a dealbreaker, they dont come in anything narrower than 17x9 with +30 offset, and 9 inch wheels are too wide to run on the FA5 unless you are stretching tires on them which is dumb as hell. Offset numbers need to be in the 35-45 range ideally.

The grids are the frontrunner currently, but there are a lot of used RPF1's out there and if I can score a set on the cheap that may be the way I go.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

tire fitment goals:

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

Hnnnnggg

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Get some RPFs

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

Not really very familiar with poly bushings. Do I grease the outer/inner of the sleeves? The machine shop installed the bushings themselves. The vertical bushing is the only one that presses in, the horizontal is just two halves you push in by hand.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

Space valve cover, yes or definitely yes?

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

PaintVagrant posted:

Hehe, yeah...oops. Google image search doesn't understand the difference and apparently neither do I!

Seriously though if I had an NSX or something I would go ham and get Rays or Volk Te37s. But theres no way I am putting 2000 dollar wheels on my 6000 dollar car.

Why not just get used real wheels then?

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

PaintVagrant posted:

Holy poo poo how can I get this?

Our local hydrographics shop just has hillrod-Lisa-Frank bullshit like digital camo and skulls.

Seat Safety Switch fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Mar 8, 2016

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

PaintVagrant posted:

Not really very familiar with poly bushings. Do I grease the outer/inner of the sleeves? The machine shop installed the bushings themselves. The vertical bushing is the only one that presses in, the horizontal is just two halves you push in by hand.

You're supposed to grease the inner and outer, but it doesn't really matter because they're going to be binding and making a shitload of noise within 2 months. Poly bushings are bullshit.

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

Phone posted:

You're supposed to grease the inner and outer, but it doesn't really matter because they're going to be binding and making a shitload of noise within 2 months. Poly bushings are bullshit.

Show us on the doll where the poly bushings touched you.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

PaintVagrant posted:

Definitely yes. :aaa:

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

Octopus Magic posted:

Why not just get used real wheels then?

It's on my radar, but this is a budget build starting with a cheap car.

Dogbrisket
Jun 10, 2009

PaintVagrant posted:

If not this, get woodgrain.

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

German officer Johannes Bolter peeks out the hatch of his Tiger I heavy tank during a quiet moment before the Battle of Kursk - c:1943 (colorized)
Slippery Tilde

PaintVagrant posted:

yes yes yes yes yes my god this is amazing

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

PaintVagrant posted:

:stare: 100% yes

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
Take out the bushing halves and grease them inside and out - I have poly bushings all over the place in my wrangler and it's a little squeaky every now and then but they haven't blown out like the factory rubber bushings. You may not even hear the squeaking since you have a roof and windows and stuff.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

Thanks for the advice on the bushings chums.

As far as the valve cover, its 200 bux that I didn't really have budgeted but gently caress me I want it :catdrugs: :pcgaming:

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

PaintVagrant posted:

Thanks for the advice on the bushings chums.

As far as the valve cover, its 200 bux that I didn't really have budgeted but gently caress me I want it :catdrugs: :pcgaming:

It's so drat amazing.

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

German officer Johannes Bolter peeks out the hatch of his Tiger I heavy tank during a quiet moment before the Battle of Kursk - c:1943 (colorized)
Slippery Tilde
200 bux is less than I expected it to cost, tbh.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I really like these cars but I just can't get over the interior, way too futuristic looking to me. Guess I'm stuck in the 90's :shrug:

I'd go with the RPF1's they look really good without looking too aftermarket if you know what I mean.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

leica posted:

I really like these cars but I just can't get over the interior, way too futuristic looking to me. Guess I'm stuck in the 90's :shrug:

I'd go with the RPF1's they look really good without looking too aftermarket if you know what I mean.

MB has some AMG wheels that look almost exactly like RPF1s.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

PaintVagrant posted:

Tell me how this is done so I can have it for myself too :stare:

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

Slippery Tilde

Nodoze posted:

hydrographics / water transfer printing

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
It's pretty cool.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Nodoze posted:

literally a fish posted:

hydrographics / water transfer printing

Alternatively you get an art school student to do it for you for the price of some alcohol and maybe a pizza. (I have no idea how much hydro dipping stuff is)

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

So I found a place near me that says they charge 80 bucks for 4 Cylinder valve covers :getin:

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

Nodoze posted:

So I found a place near me that says they charge 80 bucks for 4 Cylinder valve covers :getin:

SPACE HONDA CREW 2016

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

Y'all are enablers

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

PaintVagrant posted:

Y'all are enablers

Oh poo poo why did you tell me this is a thing I can just buy instead of have to put actual effort into? The D16Y8 version is $186 and I have a turbo D16 to build.

YOU MONSTER.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Oh poo poo why did you tell me this is a thing I can just buy instead of have to put actual effort into? The D16Y8 version is $186 and I have a turbo D16 to build.

YOU MONSTER.

IF MY WALLET GOES DOWN ALL WALLETS GO DOWN

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

PaintVagrant posted:

Y'all are enablers

Hell yeah

Seat Safety Switch posted:

YOU MONSTER.

You know what you gotta do

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

PaintVagrant posted:

Y'all are enablers

Enabling you to have the finest looking valve cover in all the land? Guilty.

DELETED
Nov 14, 2004
Disgruntled
I just joined the JDM as gently caress kool kids k-series klub myself. I wanted an 8th gen but didn't have the cash to buy one outright, and getting financed for one carried an absurdly high interest rate due to age, so I scooped up this ugly bastard. I love it. I was actually looking at getting an FG4 but the deal on this one was just too sweet to pass up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

DELETED posted:

I just joined the JDM as gently caress kool kids k-series klub myself. I wanted an 8th gen but didn't have the cash to buy one outright, and getting financed for one carried an absurdly high interest rate due to age, so I scooped up this ugly bastard. I love it. I was actually looking at getting an FG4 but the deal on this one was just too sweet to pass up.

Sweet! 2013 coupe?

• Locked thread