Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

When a ghost walks out in front of you everytime you drive something, it makes it understandable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Here lies Larry flame Stewart he never won a Dayton 500

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

The fix is in!

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

BMB5150 posted:

Or Hendrick cars still have the monstrous restrictor plate engines. Editing 1995 500 qualifying video and funny enough when Chase was qualifying Gordon was just finishing qualifying. Fun fact today is going 1 second faster than 1995.

I'm just half joking sorta

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

Possibly Chicken posted:

The fix is in!

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

The kids eat free!

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

kidcoelacanth posted:

Going back and watching the finish, DW was once again pretty blatant in pulling for one driver over the other. He was outright rooting for Truex and basically screams "NAWWW" when Hamlin wins.

Do you blame him?

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

At least Tony ain't driving no Ford.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

be nice wicka posted:

don't be an rear end, viking, you know fuckall about F1. the entire raison d'etre of the haas team is to build as little as possible in-house and thus advertise the haas brand for as little cost as possible, while still punching above what a team on their budget is normally capable of doing. they don't have any facilities of their own with which to design a car. they don't build any of the car themselves. the body is built by dallara. engine, transmission, suspension, anything that ferrari can legally sell them, they do. to suggest that ford could replace ferrari would be suggesting that haas invests hundreds millions more into effectively building a brand new team. you're suggesting that haas build their own wind tunnel. and you're suggesting that he's scrapped his entire plan before the car has even turned a wheel in anger.

Be nice

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

Lol at people mad Jimmie has won as much as a dead guy.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

Am I too late for an "official presidential candidate of NASCAR " joke?

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

Alain Post posted:

It's funny because they've been trying to project a media-friendly progressive image at the same time.

Pretty much this.

Also remember when camping world didn't want the truck series banquet to be in a trump owned hotel? Just saying.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

Also fyi trump called Brian France a smart man and a winner.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

You're not supposed to bet on all the horses Brian.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

Looks like furniture row isn't as good at cheating as Joe gibbs is yet.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

Sounds fun I've seen Sprint cup races before

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

Goddamnit I thought Phoenix was this weekend not Vegas.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

I still stand by my opinion if this was last year's package Kyle probably would of won the race.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

Chase had probably never thought for himself once in his life.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

Because it's a cool rear end font.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

Spengler golophger is about to race in a car guys!

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

HARVICK

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

Lol if you're complaining about the race today.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

Ok maybe I shouldn't have turned the radio off halfway thru the race.

Edit -lol that loving owned.

dentist toy box fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Mar 20, 2016

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

Wasn't even really joey's fault. Seems like when another driver gets within a foot of him they throw a bitch fit.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

SpitztheGreat posted:

Kahne's response to wrecking Danica:

http://sports.yahoo.com/video/kahne-responds-incident-danica-001453558.html

This tells me a few things:

1. Kahne doesn't know who he's racing: He, and his crew, did not effectively communicate what Kahne had to do at that point in the race, and who he was racing. Sure, maybe he was trying to catch someone that was a lap down, but even then, you can't race a lead car that tough- there's little to be gained.

2. Even if Kahne thought he was racing Danica, he's a bad race car driver because that was some stupid poo poo. Imagine the hell he would catch if he had wrecked Jr, Harvick, or Edwards (just to name three). It was a dumb move done by someone who ran out of talent.

3. This is the kind of poo poo that goes wrong during a lost season in a lost career. Kahne struggled to a 28th place finish. Looking like a fool does not help you, or your team, develop confidence that you can turn the ship around. It's one thing to finish 28th, you could blame it on bad luck (something Kahne has always had too much of), but at least do it quietly.

Overall, too much has been made of this. Kahne clearly didn't mean it, but it was absolutely a dumb thing to do and Danica should be pissed. I wonder, assuming Kahne and Larson both miss the Chase, do you see a driver change before the season ends.

Edit- Holy poo poo...I had someone retweet me....I've never tweeted before....there's something ridiculously gratifying about it.

Edit 2- Dale Jr's twitter account really is awesome. For someone who refused to do it until fairly recently, he is a natural at it.

Also reminder Khane had only 10 top tens last year. For someone in a Hendrick car that's really bad.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

So which one of ya'll did that?

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

Kennywallacefasterthenaredneck.wmv

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

Earth shattering

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

LASTCAR posted:

Hey, it impressed me. Always thought that theme was original music. Didn't expect to hear it there.

I wasn't joking it's pretty cool, and Kinda off putting hearing it out of nowhere.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

kidcoelacanth posted:

I'm so tired of Kyle Busch

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

Maybe the guy praying before the race should actually like say something about the race and not use it as a stage to show off his disgusting world view but that's just me.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

We've had more good then bad races this year imo. Texas was the only pretty boring one, but when has it ever been good?

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

VikingSkull posted:

That's a fair point, but I'd argue that the races themselves were equally (or possibly more) as terrible as races today.

Cue the Michigan race from the 80s we watched on cytube where they cut from green flag racing to show a 15 minute feature story on Darrell Waltrip's bible study group.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

The first race the tandem draft went away gave Matt Kenseth his 2nd Daytona 500.

"B-but my packs DALE wouldn't of liked this!"

I mean this is what I'm talking about here true pack racing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeH1NoYMA2w

Not this dumb poo poo dale wouldn't of liked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ry4nyYCiM98

dentist toy box fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Apr 15, 2016

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

I LOST MY FIRST RACE OF THE MONTH MY LIFE IS OVER

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

http://nascar.nbcsports.com/2016/04/17/list-of-nascar-sprint-cup-driver-songs-played-at-bristol-intros/

Judge everyone's music taste.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

SPiTZ posted:

You know everyone that travels long distances to the race picks the fall race instead of the spring race, but the amount of empty seats was crazy--there's no way they were at half capacity. And it's not like they can remove seats like some of the other tracks. On the aerials you could also see that the lots around the track that used to be huge amounts of merch trailers, corporate displays, and corporate hospitality were largely empty also.

Exactly ten years ago, they were sold out for the 30th+ race in a row there and I remember buying a ticket from a shady dude on the parkway in front of the track. Protip: waiting until an hour before a sporting event starts can net you a sweet deal from a guy with a pocketful of tickets.

In 2002 my mom just called up the ticket office and was like "hey do you have any tickets" and somehow that managed to work and I still don't know how.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

http://nascar.nbcsports.com/2016/04/21/nascar-fines-tony-stewart-35000-for-violating-conduct-guidelines/

Welcome back Tony!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

Guys kyle Busch isn't in the xfinity race!

• Locked thread