Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.
Snatch tractor is pulling him out of the tires right in front of us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

drat, woke up to a crazy amount of attrition.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Just tuned into the race today to see the Ford GT driving around with it's door open. lol

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
Definitely a teething period for the Fords this weekend.

EDIT: DORIFTUUUUUU

George Zimmer fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Jan 31, 2016

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.
Some photos from this weekend: http://arstechnica.com/cars/2016/01/starting-the-racing-year-right-at-the-rolex-24/

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

I need to go scrap some money together cause my avatar is just sad.
drat. From 2nd to 13th.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

"When do you want me to pit?"

"NOW!"

*speeds past pit entrance

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
so am I missing a good race? this loving militia thing happened at the wrong time and for whatever dumb reason I can't tear myself away from it

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008

VikingSkull posted:

so am I missing a good race? this loving militia thing happened at the wrong time and for whatever dumb reason I can't tear myself away from it

It was pretty alive earlier this morning, but the ESM car is poised to win unless something happens.

FAILURE
Jan 28, 2004

If I am not me, den who da hell am I?

VikingSkull posted:

Effective 1 and 2 in GTLM are less than a second apart with 45 minutes remaining and have completed their last pits so, not too bad.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

These C7Rs are begging to collide

mischief
Jun 3, 2003
Welcome back, race cars. These Corvettes are killing me.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
That last twenty-five minutes was loving nuts.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind
Corvettes at the line woahhhhh

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
That was fun :toot:

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Well that loving ruled.

SwampYankee
Mar 7, 2007

By the grace of God and 600 horsepower
That Corvette battle was the most fun I've had watching a race in a while.

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

I'm on foreign data, does someone have a spoilered top 10? I'd be immensely grateful

Xisticide
Nov 27, 2005
That was awesome.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Final results:

Xisticide
Nov 27, 2005
GTLM finish:

Xisticide fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Jan 31, 2016

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

https://twitter.com/sportscar365/status/693887304998490112

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

Xisticide posted:

GTLM finish:

It's funny that this is one of the few finish photos where teammates were together but not staged at a slower speed.

Oh cool quotes eliminate spoilers.

Juicy Juice
Nov 12, 2011

Where we're going, we don't need roads...
Max Angelelli is conscious and alert at the hospital they took him to, looks like he inhaled a ton of fumes in the cockpit. Was pretty scary watching the medics show up at his car right after the finish.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

is there a breakdown anywhere driver stints for each car?

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
Head smashed in by debris versus poisoned to death by gas; the great racing conundrum

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

CactusWeasle posted:

Head smashed in by debris versus poisoned to death by gas; the great racing conundrum

as long as the sponsors are happy its ok

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Hope Max is OK.

24 hours, with one class determined by .034 seconds.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Great shots, thank you for sharing!

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

CBJSprague24 posted:

Hope Max is OK.

24 hours, with one class determined by .034 seconds.

And another, where all the cars are the same. by 4 laps. Though to be fair, EVERY car in the class crashed at some point. :laffo:

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

I watched most of the overnight yesterday because time zone differences and lazy Sundays are a good mix, the midnight GTLM train was loving fantastic. Loved the midnight crew after the 100 BMW wrecked and Hindy was saying "I swear there used to be a tire barrier there between 1/2" and the camera starts bobbing up and down, Rooftop Ray confirming that Hindaugh doesn't have THAT poor a memory! Also the battles for lead in P was great too - I saw the moment when Fittipaldi in the 5 just ran out of tires, and the 2 and 10 went by.

Heroic work by Jordan Taylor too, to come from feeling sick as a dog to a car that was trying to kill it's drivers is impressive.

Good start to big-league racing for the year.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

Kilonum posted:

And another, where all the cars are the same. by 4 laps. Though to be fair, EVERY car in the class crashed at some point. :laffo:

Were they Ferraris?

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

There's a picture of miscaptioned as being the Ford GT but is actually the SMP Racing Ferrari there.

It's the one before the pic of the timing tower.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

keevo posted:

Were they Ferraris?

Prototype challenge

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

keevo posted:

Were they Ferraris?

The Ferraris didn't do too bad. I think they used all their crash tokens during qualifying, which was pretty epic in how they were able to hit walls and skid off.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

I edited my first post to add in the rally schedules. ERC is back this weekend. :woop:

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

The Bathurst 12 Hour is happening this weekend too.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003

Dudley posted:

There's a picture of miscaptioned as being the Ford GT but is actually the SMP Racing Ferrari there.

It's the one before the pic of the timing tower.

Thanks. A lesson not to write posts at 5 am. Will fix it but probably not until I'm home tomorrow.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

drgitlin posted:

Thanks. A lesson not to write posts at 5 am. Will fix it but probably not until I'm home tomorrow.

Well to be honest even someone with a full night of sleep and looking far away and trying to tell which one is which is a pain in the rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

CBJSprague24 posted:

Hope Max is OK.

Part of me thinks that there could be lasting affects from this. But I doubt they'd ever tell the public that.

• Locked thread