Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?
I didn't realise Daytona wasn't gonna be on Motors TV here in the UK so I'm bodging together a computer to play it on my TV instead of my tiny laptop screen like I usually end up doing. Is #nascar the official IRC channel for us to idle in while watching?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?

WindyMan posted:

I wish this wasn't a one-off Le Mans entry.

It wasn't, they entered 3 years on the trot. :v:

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?

devmd01 posted:

a stream of sending

It took me far far too long to work out you meant Sebring.

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?
Got to go the the WEC 6 hours of Spa at the weekend, took some snaps:

Album here

I've been to the Ring before but not Spa, it's an incredible track and if you get the opportunity you should totally go.

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?

julian assflange posted:

Great snaps! What was the atmosphere, food and general setup like? It's a toss up between Spa and Le Mans next year and the wife wants to come so I'm thinking of what may interest her too

I actually went for work so didn't get much of the atmosphere before the race started, but there was a very healthy crowd and everyone was having a good time. It's not a patch on the N24 but that's a whole different beast. I imagine Le Mans has far far more atmosphere because Spa is "only" a 6 hour race.

Food on track was standard burger van fare for us, but Francorchamps is less than a kilometer up the hill from the track entrance and has some good food. The Acqua Rossa pizzeria and Relais de Pommard steak house are great. Also take the opportunity to try Leffe on tap.

To be honest if it's a choice of one or the other I would do Le Mans first, the atomsphere will be much better even just from the volume of people, and I've been told Le Mans is just a weekend long booze-up which tallies with what happens at the N24. Spa is an amazing track to watch and walk around though.

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?
We stayed in a house about 300m as the crow flies from La Source, you could hear the wheel guns through the trees in the morning it was so close. I'll dig the details out when I get home.

*E* Here it is: http://www.booking.com/hotel/be/le-chalet-de-marguerite.en-gb.html

jammyozzy fucked around with this message at 21:55 on May 10, 2016

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?
Quick video I got of the restart at the Nurburgring 24h:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTW4NnCUFMY

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?
Does anybody know if the official Le Mans stream will have RLM commentary? I can't seem to find any info on it anywhere.

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?
That's a shame, by far my least favourite bit of watching LM is trying to sync RLM with whatever video I have.

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?
Nah there's another session in ~36 minutes from this post.

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?
Yes but it came back a minute ago.

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?

WindyMan posted:

Meanwhile, in Rallycross

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzXJwiWsvNE

My right eyeball nearly jumped out of my skull watching this for the first time.

WRC did it first :colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBWwzJ4mWUA

But I agree, modern rallying is dull.

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?
Bring back F2 kit cars. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?
Sitting in the terminal waiting to fly to our US office for Daytona. Feeling pretty excited right now, never seen a live race in the US let alone a real speedway. :toot:

• Locked thread