Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Blue Wher posted:

http://hexaco.org/

It's basically MBTI only more complete

ugh buh buh buhbuh im duh i buggh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Same

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I walked outside and saw rainclouds and said "oh you oval office" into the sky

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
If it rains again im gonna have to teach thia fuxkin sky a lesson

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
People who vehemently hate it are more spergy than the people who like it. I mean, who the gently caress gets upset about people's journeys of self discovery?

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Isaac posted:

I walked outside and saw rainclouds and said "oh you oval office" into the sky

nice try on listening to franks wild you lazy fag

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

dad gay. so what posted:

nice try on listening to franks wild you lazy fag

I did listen to it

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Isaac posted:

I did listen to it

gently caress off then

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

BigBoss posted:

People who vehemently hate it are more spergy than the people who like it. I mean, who the gently caress gets upset about people's journeys of self discovery?

People interested in a journey of self discovery are almost certainly going to find boring trash bag people at the end of it, so everyone should be upset about them

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
ya i took a personality test it came back neg

poz my neg hole

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer

BigBoss posted:

It isn't self discovery if you try to model yourself after your four letter personality.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
i like people who are gay with me

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Jukeboxblues posted:

It isn't self discovery if you try to model yourself after your four letter personality.

dgsw

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

dad gay. so what posted:

gently caress off then

Yikes

Absolute Lithops
Aug 28, 2011

After one long season
of waiting, after one
long season of wanting
It asks you what your preferences are in a work environment, and then it tells you what your preferences are in a work environment but throws in a catchy name like "Inventor" or "Guardian." It's completely pointless, unless you really can't figure out if you prefer working alone or in a group. Also the terminology is taken from bullshit Jungian psychoanalysis.

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
It was kind of interesting to see how it "sorted" me. I know which type I am but I don't take it seriously. The descriptions of the type I got weren't terribly far off.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

i have a friend who is meyers-briggs certified

certified in bullshit

but yeah they use that garbage in companies all the time, she works for a multinational and gets paid buckets to tell people that they're an INTY or a ENTP or whatever

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord
im bgdk, what i mean to say is i have a big dick, im also handsome and wealthy

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!
They're bullshit, like the sorting hat on Pottermore. I am not a Hufflepuff damnit :mad:

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004
insane neoliberal late capitalism has both sheltered and destroy an individual's ability to identify with the world.

that's why people are obsessed with poo poo that tells them what they are

See also: astrology, horoscopes, great-grandparents country of origin, natal charts, planets in retrograde, consumer items, palm reading, numerology, tarot, feng shui, One thousand facebook polls that tell you what transformer you are, what disney princess you are, what lollipop flavor you are, what animal you are, what harry potter character you are, what your eye color says about you etc etc

myers-briggs is so popular because it also has a foot in the insane data-mining and quantifying craze

anything that will inhibit people from realizing they are an oppressed, exploited wage-slave is cool and good.

HTH

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

agreed, trump 2016

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

i like taking these tests. i also like taking tests to determine what dbz character i am, or what magical element i would use as a sorcerer if i was one. i put all the results in my CV

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

ProperCoochie posted:

insane neoliberal late capitalism has both sheltered and destroy an individual's ability to identify with the world.

that's why people are obsessed with poo poo that tells them what they are

See also: astrology, horoscopes, great-grandparents country of origin, natal charts, planets in retrograde, consumer items, palm reading, numerology, tarot, feng shui, One thousand facebook polls that tell you what transformer you are, what disney princess you are, what lollipop flavor you are, what animal you are, what harry potter character you are, what your eye color says about you etc etc

myers-briggs is so popular because it also has a foot in the insane data-mining and quantifying craze

anything that will inhibit people from realizing they are an oppressed, exploited wage-slave is cool and good.

HTH

tbh i think you're just jealous that you didn't get goku on your buzzfeed dbz character test

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
I get a different result every time I try one of those so either I have multiple personalities and don't realize it, or that test is a load of bullshit

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Minorkos posted:

tbh i think you're just jealous that you didn't get goku on your buzzfeed dbz character test

Sadly I'm Yamcha

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Gammatron 64 posted:

I get a different result every time I try one of those so either I have multiple personalities and don't realize it, or that test is a load of bullshit

You solved the puzzle that means you're an INT!. The exclamation point is part of it, it's the secret classification for super smart people you can put it on your business card

edit: nobody else read this post please

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!

Minorkos posted:

I got Goku too. :hfive:

Pulp Can Move
Oct 4, 2012
replicants aren't even real, op, that poo poo is from a movie

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Minorkos posted:

i'm vegeta motherfucker

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Secks Cauldron posted:

They're bullshit, like the sorting hat on Pottermore. I am not a Hufflepuff damnit :mad:

Hahaha. I got Gryffindor.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Secks Cauldron posted:

i wanted to get placed in hufflepuff with all the weed right next to the kitchen but that lovely hat gave me slytherin

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark

Minorkos posted:

i like taking these tests. i also like taking tests to determine what dbz character i am, or what magical element i would use as a sorcerer if i was one. i put all the results in my CV

So as a "Krillin" does that mean I need to be working in marketing? Because unloading the trucks fuckin' blows.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

this test is loving harsh man

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

klapman posted:

this test is loving harsh man

Hmm, if I'm reading this right, your boring graph results say you're a dumb idiot bitch

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
i tried taking it once but then i got bored and quit

i think i learned something about myself either way

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan
INTP checking in

TheCIASentMe
Jul 11, 2003

I'll get you! Just you wait and see!
I don't pay any attention to the Myers Briggs test as it's a load of horseshit horoscope reading disguised as a legit test.

Now the Voight-Kampff personality test, there's something to that one. Though I hear that sometimes they're a killer to administer.

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan

TheCIASentMe posted:

I don't pay any attention to the Myers Briggs test as it's a load of horseshit horoscope reading disguised as a legit test.

Now the Voight-Kampff personality test, there's something to that one. Though I hear that sometimes they're a killer to administer.

I'm guessing that's a reference to something I don't know but I'm going to lol anyways... well done

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy DeBorgore
Apr 6, 1994

Catnip is the opiate of the masses
Soiled Meat

Lord Binky posted:

I'm guessing that's a reference to something I don't know but I'm going to lol anyways... well done

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Voight-Kampff

• Locked thread