Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
People who vehemently hate it are more spergy than the people who like it. I mean, who the gently caress gets upset about people's journeys of self discovery?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

Beatboxing Bard posted:

The MBTI is the worst bit of horseshit to ever brand itself as "psychology." It was actually developed by a mother with no background in the field to basically assess whether or not her daughter was marrying a serial killer. If I remember correctly, the mother had a background in political science and her daughter had a BA in psych. There's absolutely no validity to it; there's absolutely no reliability to it. If the personality profile doesn't seem to fit the examinee, the manual gives directions for the the examiner to work with the examinee by going through all the possible profiles until they find one that seems to fit. That's how valid the results are: If you don't like your personality profile, choose one you do.

The test is the worst, and I go into a sputtering rage anytime anyone ever asks me about it in real life. Unfortunately, companies do actually use these to assess potential hires, and it blows my mind. You want a personality measure that works, then take an MMPI, but leave Jung in the cold, cold grave where he belongs. Especially if you're just going to half-rear end applying his theory.

Did you know there's help for you? Go to https://www.autismspeaks.org to learn about other tards just like you.

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

Beatboxing Bard posted:

I'd argue with this, but the burst blood-vessel in my eye says otherwise.

Were you throwing up a lot?

• Locked thread