Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

Harumph

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

Apparently that goon named Flou that was trying to own Hotep in the last thread is dead now.

Just a tidbit for ya'll

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Digital Fingers posted:

Apparently that goon named Flou that was trying to own Hotep in the last thread is dead now.

Just a tidbit for ya'll

Like dang old dust in the wind

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdIpnoT5dts

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

Isaac posted:

Like dang old dust in the wind

my heart goes out to all the dead goons around the world
https://youtu.be/3Osh-KYy4Cw

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Ben Smash posted:

What happens when we run out of funny stuff to say? Do we close GBS forever? :ohdear:

we can never run out of funny stuff to say like uh ... you know the c word and the i.g. phrase (dont wanna get forms cancer)

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

Digital Fingers posted:

my "rip dead goons" thread got gassed, starwar please explain??

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Digital Fingers posted:

:shittypop:

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

lets all have a fun time in the gbs

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-IDsZ-cseI

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

I'm listening to this now https://youtu.be/czTpPdO0E0Q

somuch_gravy
Oct 25, 2014

this place is good and not bad
noomer :3

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

hey i heard there was apple cider here?

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

symbolic posted:

hey i heard there was apple cider here?

sure is *whips out his hog*

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Nooner posted:

sure is *whips out his hog*
um sir please put that back you're making a mockery of this establishment!

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
God dammit, Nooner

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

dreezy posted:

close any threaad without at least 2 pictures of yummy food.

First good suggestion all week! Implementing this immediately.

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

i enjoy a good meltdown but i feel like moridin melting down over and over again is getting stale

anyone else got a melt down in em? let's spice it up

blainestereo
Jan 16, 2013

MiracleWhale posted:

i enjoy a good meltdown but i feel like moridin melting down over and over again is getting stale

yup moridins meltdownies are p. kosher imo

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT

MiracleWhale posted:

just bring a certain thread back, there is a meltdown there pretty much every week but they come at a dear price

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

blainestereo posted:

yup moridins meltdownies are p. kosher imo

im goy

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

just bring a certain thread back, there is a meltdown there pretty much every week but they come at a dear price

:mrgw:

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Hello GBS. I would like for the candidates to address the pink earthmonkey known as Moniqua Lewinsky please.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
can we havea thread for an open and honest discussion about trans* issues please

blainestereo
Jan 16, 2013

My Man Shran posted:

Hello GBS. I would like for the candidates to address the pink earthmonkey known as Moniqua Lewinsky please.

are you certain youre kosher?

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

I think gbs would be so much better if someone made an anime version of my av so i fitted in still

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

What opinions are not allowed

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

I like this

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Commie NedFlanders posted:

What opinions are not allowed

Cutting Me Off While I'm Talking
I don't understand why people find the need to interrupt me when I'm trying to tell you something. Maybe what you have/need to say is more important but either way, wait your loving turn. Wars break out because of miscommunication, and we really don't need another one. What's worse is when I'm having a conversation with someone else and you cut either me or him/her off. What.. is your deal!?

Pang Seh Kias (People Who Stand Me Up)
If I didn't want to go out with you in the first place, I would've come up with an excuse. Don't make plans with me half-heartedly and then come up with a reason that you're too tired, or you have an assignment due, or exams to study for later. I'd rather be told a firm "no," or a "see how" instead of a definite "yes," only to be disappointed in the end.

When My Things Aren't Arranged The Way It Should Be
You know the saying, "Everything has its time and place"? No, you obviously don't. If you're going to use my poo poo (i.e. cutlery, plates, hairdryer), at least put it back where it belongs, and how it was placed before. It's a no-brainer that it's just courtesy that you do. Don't be a selfish prick, douche.

"I Need To Tell You Something, But I Think I Shouldn't"
..then don't loving mention it in the first place. If you don't want me to know, then let's not waste both our time and effort on me trying to get you to spill the beans and you trying your best to not tell me. I see no point in this meaningless conversation. I am one curious being and you cannot, absolutely cannot, leave me hanging like that. Maybe you get some form of gratification from my attention but I'll probably just end up raging at you.

Beating Around The Bush
I think this just has to do with what I'm studying, really. I get how sometimes people want to make their stories they tell me more interesting and that's fine. But what I don't get in some academic studies is why they need to make a simple point sound so drat complex. Are you trying to show off your capabilities of academic discourse? I am not impressed. That is just.. so much bullshit on your end, Habermas.

Okay my bad. This isn't a pet peeve, it's just a rant. Scrap that.

Empty Promises
Promises made are meant to be kept. Don't make them if you know there's a possibility of breaking them. Meh, now I sound like some Twitter account dispensing some post-breakup tweets. But really, I for one do not make promises so easily, nor do I take them lightly. I hold people to their words all the time because I see the best in everyone and that they are honest and have some accountability to their words.

Speaking From Above
You do NOT speak to me from a pedestal, my friend. You do not get to talk down to me and neither do you get to talk at me. We are equals and all respect for you would be lost if you do. I don't care how many long our friendship has lasted, but being friends for that long would have made you notice how I don't take condescension by anyone; not even lecturers. To me, that is a low blow, bro.

Movie Talkers (In Cinemas)
"Eh what's happening ah?" Well gee, I don't know. How about you shut the gently caress up and continue watching? If you missed a joke or a vital piece of information, then that is your loss. Do not include me in your loss. We can talk later and I can fill you in.. or you can just download it later when you're back home. Do not spoil my cinematic experience, kthxbai.

Personal Space
I don't know about you, but I like my personal space to be two-arms length radius, big enough for me to spin around with my arms open (10 points for you if you actually tried to measure). While that is virtually impossible for public transport, it should be on a daily basis. Close friends get a free pass, but if you're not, please stay the gently caress away.

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
i tried to read that but my eyeballs fell out and rolled under a rock

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
How is your relationship with your parents, a starwar betamax?

blainestereo
Jan 16, 2013

SHISHKABOB posted:

How is your relationship with your parents, a starwar betamax?

you are being super not kosher now mr. lovely halal poster sir

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

blainestereo posted:

this is a horrible gimmick

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

blainestereo posted:

SHISHKABOB's posting is actually haram

blainestereo
Jan 16, 2013

Digital Fingers posted:

stfu you beta halal cubit, dont come back until you get kosher

AbbadonOfHell
Jul 16, 2004
You know I would try to think of something funny to put here but ill just pass on that and threaten people with a + 2 board with a nail in it.

Digital Fingers posted:

I've seen things that are a lot less kosher than this.

SWBM, you seem to be doing pretty well in my opinion as well. :)

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
bring back the cult of self flagellating goons that post long drawn out screeds about how the latest macklemore single doesnt adequately reflect the proper alignment of his socioeconomic stature in society while secretly wishing they were the black transgender woman from orange is the new black

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax

Somebody fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Feb 8, 2016

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

MiracleWhale posted:

SHISHKABOB's posting is actually haram

What is haram

EDit: oh it means I am sacred and untouchable nice

SHISHKABOB fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Jan 30, 2016