Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bigsteve
Dec 15, 2000

Cock It!
I've got a 2013 Macbook pro which needed freshening up. I have booted into disk utility's and formated the hard drive. When I go through the process it downloads fine but eventually gets to 0 seconds remaining and just stops. I have checked the log and it has got to the point of having downloaded all the chucks and does nothing.

The computer is still responsive, I can click the apple logo and try to do things there but its still just sat there.

I know that going to Yosemite did had a similar issue but it has been three hours plus now. Should it really take this long?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bigsteve
Dec 15, 2000

Cock It!
Ive left it at 0 seconds now for 24 hours. Still no joy.
Is there an easy way to make a booting usb if I only have access to a pc? Failing that its a trip to the apple store.

The Pell
Feb 6, 2008
If you have a USB drive available, format it for the mac and try to install it on that drive. If it still fails at 0 seconds, then it will be a trip to the Apple Store.

Bigsteve
Dec 15, 2000

Cock It!
Works fine from a USB so looks like its a new hard drive needed. Will check connection first. Ran smart utility on it and it says drive failing so simple fix really.

Bigsteve
Dec 15, 2000

Cock It!
Installed new HD. No joy. Won't format. Tried it in my PC just in case and works fine.
Looks like something is broken internally so its a trip to apple.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Pell
Feb 6, 2008
Sounds like you have a 13" MacBook Pro. Its the bracket/cable going from the hard drive to the logic board. Its a quick and cheap fix at the Apple Store.

• Locked thread