Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
maybe you ding dongs should learn how to cook and wash dishes like a real man. im constantly channeling a 1950s hpusewife and keep my kitchen spotless because i have a huge vagins, and by that i mean weiner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

JakeP posted:

you must have a very sensitive ego if your plates do that for you

you also have to be a pretty huge fag to give a poo poo about what kind of plates anyone uses outside of the environmental implications

This own was much more incisive before you added that last sentence

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
I use paper plates when I'm moving and everything is boxed up.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Beef Turret posted:

This own was much more incisive before you added that last sentence

ya i forgot i was in GBS

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
Ceramic dishes rule.

I have a nice set that goes well with my dining room table.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

rabble rabble posted:

on the reg, it's trashy, we have extra because of the Super Bowl party, who cares I'm lazy as gently caress

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

*complains about bourgeois dining practices*

*buys ecologically destructive plates manufactured by the Koch brothers*

This thread is sad.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I like corelle wear

I like to brown women on the playa

Oh man theres a filter for the c word now

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

Fitzy Fitz posted:

*complains about bourgeois dining practices*

*buys ecologically destructive plates manufactured by the Koch brothers*

This thread is sad.

This guy can't make any real arguments, like I don't understand your position at all.
Maybe you'd be happeir if the lords and ladies of Buckingham palace decreed a law making paper plates illegal; rot in hell poors, imma rit?

You're morally bankrupt dude.

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

*does snoopy dance*

E; who the gently caress is the koch brothers????

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

The Koch family (/ˈkoʊk/ koke) is an American family of industrialists, philanthropists and businesspeople, most noted for their political activities and control of Koch Industries, the second largest privately owned company in the United States (with 2013 revenues of $115 billion).[1] The family business was started by Fred C. Koch, who developed a new fracking method for the refinement of heavy oil into gasoline.[2][3] Fred's four sons litigated against each other over their interests in the business during the 1980s and 1990s.[4]

Charles G. Koch and David H. Koch, today commonly referred to as the Koch brothers — and the only two of Fred Koch's four sons still with Koch Industries — are also affiliated with the Koch family foundations.[5]

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

Luvcow posted:

The Koch family (/ˈkoʊk/ koke) is an American family of industrialists, philanthropists and businesspeople, most noted for their political activities and control of Koch Industries, the second largest privately owned company in the United States (with 2013 revenues of $115 billion).[1] The family business was started by Fred C. Koch, who developed a new fracking method for the refinement of heavy oil into gasoline.[2][3] Fred's four sons litigated against each other over their interests in the business during the 1980s and 1990s.[4]

Charles G. Koch and David H. Koch, today commonly referred to as the Koch brothers — and the only two of Fred Koch's four sons still with Koch Industries — are also affiliated with the Koch family foundations.[5]

yeah... thanks man, real helpful

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Digital Fingers posted:

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Digital Fingers posted:

Their influence is especially outsized; together, they are far and away the largest offenders of funnelling personal money into politics. Especially together (and they do act together), they are much, much wealthier than Soros or Bloomberg (who, though both liberal, have different political interests). Moreover, the Kochs spend their wealth influencing politics and governance in a way that is not remotely transparent. The only realm in which Soros definitely outspends at least Davic Koch is in individual donations. While this is still money in politics, it is transparent money: it is a matter of public record that Soros has donated it. The Kochs, on the other hand, way outspend Soros in backing ambiguous sounding foundations like "Americans for Prosperity", and have been connected to funding supposedly "grassroots" aspects of the Tea Party movement, in addition to getting involved in things like Scott Walker's fight against recall in Wisconsin (which they personally donated tens of thousands of dollars to, in addition to AFP contributing millions). Neither of them live in Wisconsin, but Walker's plans to dismantle collective bargaining rights in the state dovetail with their interests in keeping their own business costs low. So they heavily influenced an election they weren't even allowed to vote in, so one man one vote is really out the window now. To be fair, they did this simply because it was legal, and other out of state political donors get involved in things all the time (Proposition 8 in CA comes to mind), but this doesn't mean it's not gross.

In the end, what makes them especially "evil" - beyond being the archetype for "billionaire who buys elections and bribes lawmakers" - is that their political activity always seems to conveniently coincide entirely with their personal and corporate benefit. Bloomberg is spending millions politically fighting the NRA -

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Digital Fingers posted:

This guy can't make any real arguments, like I don't understand your position at all.
Maybe you'd be happeir if the lords and ladies of Buckingham palace decreed a law making paper plates illegal; rot in hell poors, imma rit?

You're morally bankrupt dude.

its cheaper to just buy regular plates and wash them than to buy disposable paper plates. if anything people that are using the same plate multiple times are disgusting poors

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

See luvcow, while you posting the history of the Koch brothers may seem helpful to you it's actually not as I don't even see the relation between what Fitzy Fitz was saying about paperplates and these "koch brother" gentlemen.

Guys just trying to justify his belief system in a desperate false moral appeal, It's pretty scummy.

JakeP posted:

its cheaper to just buy regular plates and wash them than to buy disposable paper plates. if anything people that are using the same plate multiple times are disgusting poors

Um excuse do you have a spread sheet or something I can look at regarding the cost analysis?
Do some math about paper plates then get back to me

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
Round up the paper plate users. Round them up and put them into camps. That's what I say.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Digital Fingers posted:

Um excuse do you have a spread sheet or something I can look at regarding the cost analysis?

lol as if some filthy paper plate using pleb like me knows the first thing about math or spread sheets

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Digital Fingers posted:

See luvcow, while you posting the history of the Koch brothers may seem helpful to you it's actually not as I don't even see the relation between what Fitzy Fitz was saying about paperplates and these "koch brother" gentlemen.

Guys just trying to justify his belief system in a desperate false moral appeal, It's pretty scummy.

sorry, should have just said "they're evil"

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
i microwave my burritos on 18th century bone china

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

JakeP posted:

lol as if some filthy paper plate using pleb like me knows the first thing about math or spread sheets

Well unless Fitzy Fitz wants to post some proof to your assumption i'm going to take this as a sign i won this argument.

E:

Luvcow posted:

sorry, should have just said "they're evil"

backups what i was saying about this being a pathetic moral appeal on Fitz behalf

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
If you don't have at least 3 forks laid out in proper order at every meal I don't even want to talk to you

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Sheep-Goats posted:

I cook about a week's food on Sunday and it goes into two big bowls and I piece out food from there as the week goes along, usually

You seem to know how to cook well, what's on the menu for this week? I could use some ideas

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

You're actively fighting against proletariat interests by buying paper plates (which are one of many disposable goods produced by Koch corporations). You brought up class struggle not me.

I don't really have an argument for why you shouldn't be a slob though.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

You seem to know how to cook well, what's on the menu for this week? I could use some ideas

Tomorrow I'm making faux tandoori chicken thighs and tabbouleh (with lentils instead of bulghur because I like lentils a lot).

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Soups and curries and mushy food you can ladle or scoop out of a big container make for great work-lunches over the week. Put em in a lock and lock container and you can just nuke it at work and eat it out of the container. Rinse off at work then give it a proper soapy scrub at home. It's a lot cheaper than spending $8 on getting a couple sushi rolls or $12 on some Thai food, although the thai food is a huge portion and will feed you twice. But you can't really eat out of a asian take out container so you need a plate the 2nd day.

BUT
The boss' son that doesn't have a lot to do around the office has dish-duty so it's ok.

FUN FACT
If you take the metal handle out of a take out box you can microwave it, and then the whole thing unfolds into a big sloppy plate, but it's not very pleasant to eat from. (it's shameful too)

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

Fitzy Fitz posted:

You're actively fighting against proletariat interests by buying paper plates (which are one of many disposable goods produced by Koch corporations). You brought up class struggle not me.

I don't really have an argument for why you shouldn't be a slob though.

LOL yeah man because porcelain plates are made by hobbits and poo poo out in the forest through eco friendly magic plates spells

Paper plates are all personally forged in the flames of hades by the oil guzzling doom titans that are the koch brother (Im rolling my eyes at you now). Look if you want to talk about this like grown adults and actually act liek you have a point to make then run some numbers by me.

Also I'm not a slob, I take 3 showers a day, usually after pooping and I refrain from touching gross things.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I have really nice plates and bowls but I just hate doing dishes. Any time someone else is around I hide the paper plates though. I'm just a lazy poo poo and I'm okay with that. :shrug:

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Digital Fingers posted:

Also I'm not a slob, I take 3 showers a day, usually after pooping and I refrain from touching gross things.

I'm still laughing at this. Anyway you win the internet argument man collect your trophy.

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I'm still laughing at this. Anyway you win the internet argument man collect your trophy.

This isn't a loving joke, clownboy

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

clowno

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Digital Fingers posted:

Well unless Fitzy Fitz wants to post some proof to your assumption i'm going to take this as a sign i won this argument.

Grats on that man.

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
i bet you plebs dont even know the difference between a soup spoon and a bouillon spoon JESUS

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What if you have Greeks over for dinner, you may say that hiding your china and pretending you always eat from paper plates "lacks class". Just don't come crying to me when your best crockery is in a million pieces on your dining room floor.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Filthy Greeks

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

some exceptions but if
1) i can eat it with my hands
2) it comes out of a microwave
i'm generally going for the paper-plate

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

the great deceiver posted:

i bet you plebs dont even know the difference between a soup spoon and a bouillon spoon JESUS

loving lmao as if you could eat soup from a paper plate, gtfo troll scum

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Fitzy Fitz posted:

There are like a thousand brands of paper plates, if that really stuck in your craw I think you could probably find one that isn't

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

Nooner posted:

use a plastic fork too mother earth can suck my drat balls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

At the start of November I bought around 3700 Halloween paper plates on discount (only 110$) and now it's like everyday is halloween :unsmith:

• Locked thread