Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

fina get poz'd? :cabot: :gizz: :baby:
good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

Plastics all biodegradable now a days anyway so really it's all we should be using.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

gently caress da Mods posted:

not an excuse at all bud.

any time ur little carbon foot print increases you should feel great shame.

honestly just buy light plastic plates for those occasions ur outside.....
I dunno if this is a joke but plastic is not a more environmentally friendly alternative to paper.

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

ArbitraryC posted:

I dunno if this is a joke but plastic is not a more environmentally friendly alternative to paper.

not a joke...for outside use are u gonnabring out ceramics?

I guess u can buy wood plates...

there are plenty of plastic plates meant for re-use.

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

lets say u 'outgrow' the plate, u can still recycle a plastic plate as opposed to buying tons of paper plates (duh)

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

ArbitraryC posted:

again people have been making claims like these the whole loving thread but when asked for some hard numbers or you know any sort of evidence at all they have nothing to show.

It's pretty pathetic

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
What a deeply weird thing to get self-righteous about

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
imagine frantically googling "PAPER PLATE ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT" in order to feel better about eating your meals off McDonald's commemorative dinnerware

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

My friend has a nice set of thick hard plastic picnic stuff. I've never cared for paper plates because they're floppy, can't really knife and fork them, and heavy things risk bending them. Guess it's nice just trashing all your dirty dishes but it's really nice having hard reusable outdoor stuff.

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

walgreenslatino posted:

imagine frantically googling "PAPER PLATE ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT" in order to feel better about eating your meals off McDonald's commemorative dinnerware

Nothing wrong with being a informed consumer, buddy

wallow in your own ignorance like a pig if you want to? I guess?

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Digital Fingers posted:

Nothing wrong with being a informed consumer, buddy

wallow in your own ignorance like a pig if you want to? I guess?

go take a shower about it

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

walgreenslatino posted:

go take a shower about it

I'm posting from the bath right now actually, lol.

Well i'm sitting on the side of my bath tub really- i'm waiting for the water to drain so I can refill it. Can't loving stand just sitting there stewing with all that dirt that comes off in the first rinse so I usually refill it a few times.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i eat all my foods on 3x folded over paper towels. at the end of the meal i can just squish up my plate and wipe up with it.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
persoanly i would eat on normal plates but have plastic utensils. plastic utensil technoloy has improved greatly since our youth and they now have structural strength necessary for daily usage!

seriously next time ur at a burger king as for plastic utensils. theyre totally different than u remember. these arent ur fathers plastic forks

bring back old gbs fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Feb 2, 2016

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
wait untill you hear about sporks

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

I currently live with roommates and am often stuck doing their dishes along with my own, so by using paper utensils I get to throw out my own stuff and not feel obligated to go anywhere near the sink

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Cuckoo posted:

I currently live with roommates and am often stuck doing their dishes along with my own, so by using paper utensils I get to throw out my own stuff and not feel obligated to go anywhere near the sink

wow paper utensils now THAT sounds flimsy

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

Cuckoo posted:

not really a good excuse to kill the earth

say that to the kids inheriting the earth w a straight face

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

not really a good excuse to kill the earth

say that to the kids inheriting the earth w a straight face

I'm not having kids so I get to die while the world crashes and burns with my two rotted middle fingers sticking out of the grave :smug:

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

Cuckoo posted:

I'm not having kids so I get to die while the world crashes and burns with my two rotted middle fingers sticking out of the grave :smug:

never said "your kids"

talking about the children who will inherit the earth——have u no compassion>?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

never said "your kids"

talking about the children who will inherit the earth——have u no compassion>?
have you been on any video game voice chat in the past decade

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

admittedly, no. I dont play video games

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
millenials:

So you're going to litter, you're going to kill your earth?

WRONG. Earth is one tough guy. Earth doesnt need oxygen, or atmosphere, or even the seasons.

But maybe you recognized those things i said above?

YOU NEED THEM TO LIVE. But the earth doesnt need them to keep spinning forever, and some day new stuff will grow.

forward this to 10 posters or u will have bad luck

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

admittedly, no. I dont play video games
find a youtube clip of one then, you'll lose that compassion right quick

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
i triple dogf dare you to suck my nuts, op

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

ArbitraryC posted:

I've seen a couple people itt say this but I don't really get it. something like leftover pizza or a sandwich is hardly going to dirty a plate in the first place.

I am picturing you eating a bologna sandwich off a real plate, blowing the crumbs off it when you're done, shrugging your shoulders, and putting it back in the cupboard.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Drink Cheerwine posted:

see what i mean, who would care about the future of this person

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

CrashCat posted:

have you been on any video game voice chat in the past decade

CrashCat posted:

find a youtube clip of one then, you'll lose that compassion right quick

lol

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
Sometimes when I'm just eating pizza or something so gently caress it. Why not just use the brass napkin rings?

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Whatever happened to the biodegradable chip bags and cups and stuff? I wanna just throw those in my yard while I sit in a lawn chair and spray my dog with a hose.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Drink Cheerwine posted:

hhahahahahahahahaha now u have to do it

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
I couldn't imagine being so poor I couldn't eat most meals out. I hate when I call my friends on Sunday evening to come have a drink and they are like "Oh we are making all of meals for the week!" like it's awesome to be responsible and boring as gently caress by planning all these bland crock-pot meals.

"Hmm yes, on Tuesday we can reheat our boring-rear end pork dish that we called pulled pork but is actually just steamed pork with BBQ sauce from a plastic bottle. Fresh from the freezer."

Meanwhile I guess I'll break the bank with a $5 Bahn Mi or some tacos...

I have regular plates for when I cook a decent meal at home, but I'm fine with leftover stuff plopped onto the takeout plates.

Tumble fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Feb 2, 2016

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Tumble posted:

I couldn't imagine being so poor I couldn't eat most meals out. I hate when I call my friends on Sunday evening to come have a drink and they are like "Oh we are making all of meals for the week!" like it's awesome to be responsible and boring as gently caress by planning all these bland crock-pot meals.

"Hmm yes, on Tuesday we can reheat our boring-rear end pork dish that we called pulled pork but is actually just steamed pork with BBQ sauce from a plastic bottle. Fresh from the freezer."

Meanwhile I guess I'll break the bank with a $5 Bahn Mi or some tacos...

I have regular plates for when I cook a decent meal at home, but I'm fine with leftover stuff plopped onto the takeout plates.

Takeout, while admittedly delicious, is never as nutritious as a home-cooked meal made w fresh, unprocessed ingredients. It's a "sometimes" food :-)

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

GORDON posted:

I am picturing you eating a bologna sandwich off a real plate, blowing the crumbs off it when you're done, shrugging your shoulders, and putting it back in the cupboard.
Honestly not that far from the truth but more like give the plate a quick rinse after eating the sandwich then leave it out on the dining table for next time i want a sandwich. Whereas something like a stir fry or w/e is something id rinse then run through the dishwasher before reuse. I could see using a paper plate for the latter if you're lazy but it seems particularly wasteful with the former imo.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

Takeout, while admittedly delicious, is never as nutritious as a home-cooked meal made w fresh, unprocessed ingredients. It's a "sometimes" food :-)

Actually as long as you're eating stuff that's mostly prepared fresh (and not the crazy salty Sysco frozen stuff) and as long as my calories are around 2000 a day and I'm eating a remotely varied diet, I'm eating just as healthy.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Tumble posted:

Actually as long as you're eating stuff that's mostly prepared fresh (and not the crazy salty Sysco frozen stuff) and as long as my calories are around 2000 a day and I'm eating a remotely varied diet, I'm eating just as healthy.

Disagree. A "$5 Bahn Mi" or a delicious taco is prepared with taste and convenience in mind.....certainly not health or nutrition. And I'm not sure how you're tracking the calories contained in takeout food, but let's be real here--it doesnt matter bc your body looks like poo poo both inside and out

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Only place where a paper plate shpuld be used is a BBQ or a BBQ reasturant. Even bars should spring for better

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

Disagree. A "$5 Bahn Mi" or a delicious taco is prepared with taste and convenience in mind.....certainly not health or nutrition. And I'm not sure how you're tracking the calories contained in takeout food, but let's be real here--it doesnt matter bc your body looks like poo poo both inside and out

lol

and yeah bro take out is awful for u all the time lpus all that waste, here's a tip yall!!!!! go to the farmers market

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
the farmers market doesnt sell quesadillas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I'll take take-out containers home, then transfer them onto real dishes. All the garbage and waste plus I get to do dishes after.

• Locked thread