Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."

Solemn Sloth posted:

I feel like this maybe deserves a spot in the OP?

That's going on the wall of many a rugby league nut errywhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

You can't see it because there's a bush in the way but there's actually a dog between his legs and that's what they are recoiling at

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

As a Victorian I find it really depressing watching South Australia hurl up huge amounts of renewables while we sit here with out heads up our arses making muffled sounds about "unknown health effects baseload power something something"

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Im betting the population of the Essendon region is huge

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

I'm looking forward to the inevitable underdog story when said player wins the Norm Smith

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Though I can see exactly why it was done this way, I'm still dissapointed about the 'had to have been an AFL listed player in the last 2 years' rule. I really wanted to see some guy from the VFL break out and be the good news story of the year.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

TG-Chrono posted:

I'm up at 6 to start smoking the pork belly I've got. 1030am kickoff, half time luncheon.

This sounds p glorious but I'm such a hardcore nightowl that getting somewhere by 10am and then proceeding to drink Budweiser is really bad for me.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

When is a catch not a catch? When you're playing American Football.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

snaeksikn posted:

The touchdown was cool tho

The man got some good air

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

snaeksikn posted:

On the actual topic of footy: I firmly believe the new substitution restrictions will benefit hawthorn and the top sides more than anyone else

Naw

As I'm sure I've stated before I always think rule changes are a great way to shake up the established order of things, and the Hawks are a team of old, old men that need to be managed.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

snaeksikn posted:

Given hawthorn's free agency advantage won't be going away anytime soon I think they will be in the box seat for rolling on for the next few years.

What free agency advantage there's no such thing I'll have you know we've lost more from free agency than we've gained /hawksfan

On the skill level thing, I think the skills we see on display during a live match are very heavily impacted by things like pressure and fatigue. By robbing top teams of the ability to heavily rest their top mids, we may see defensive efforts drop off allowing players that are often flaky front runners (Jack Watts et al) showcase a higher and more consistent standard of skill. It's certainly the case that skilled players will be more important in our brave new world, but I don't think the interaction will be quite as simple as 'better skilled doods will dominate'.

hiddenmovement fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Feb 8, 2016

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

otoh as a casual cricket fan I find Shane Warne's asides about what he had for breakfast this morning amusingly inane

It's me, I'm the problem

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Press red for a man turning red

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Looking at the Big Bash Ladies ratings, I'm beginning to think a womans comp might almost be able to pay for itself.

Almost.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Lingerie bowl did not week iirc

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

What if it gets replaced with an intelligent modernized version with an entirely new panel

Stop laughing

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Kardinia Park now best ground in Victoria eat poo poo Melbourne

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

If I can't make fun of convicted wife beater Wayne Carey and noted pederest Ricky Nixon this is not a world I particularly want to live in.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

While we're on the subject we make fun of Robbo's alcoholism all the time and last I checked he's never shoved his peen into his best mates wife

So it's hypocrisy on internet message boards too I guess

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Spedman posted:

It will be not talked about again after the season starts

I'm betting it will be totally fine up until someone at ground management makes a bewilderingly low crowd estimate and no security are put on as a result.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Testekill posted:

I know their options are limited but didn't he drop off pretty badly?

He was on MMM late last year. His body is shot and he's even having trouble getting regular work in a physical profession (i.e carpentry) due to his injuries. I have no idea how he has been able to recover in such a short time frame and am worried it's just a cash grab for a guy who badly needs a quick 200k.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Solemn Sloth posted:

It gets posted by the same person who has spent probably thousands of dollars at this point sending loving terrible anime games on steam to troll a pretty chill goon who sometimes streams games.

At this stage I refuse to believe they're not both a sex thing.

Oh hey I'm well qualified to answer this

He get's them for like 50c a pop as a part of second hand humble bundle codes. I mean it's possible that he's a blithering idiot and actually pays full price for them but I strongly doubt it

And yeah it's totes a sex thing

EDIT:

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2015-09-11/dogs-cartoon-finals-edition

hiddenmovement fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Feb 17, 2016

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

what is going on with that apostrophe

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

I went through a stage where I kept running into Kent Kingsley in checkout lines.

pkid posted:

I saw Matt Spanger having a coffee near my work last week. I looked at him, he looked at me and gave me this look that said "Don't recognise me please, please no photos, please"

I also saw Richmond rookie Mabior Chol on my train the other week. He got off at my stop and jumped in the sketchiest looking beat up Camry you've ever seen. He is very tall and very very very thin.

Billy Brownless once gave me that look waiting to take a piss at Etihad. Had his hoodie over his head. Looked scared shitless.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

I havent watched either match but lol'd pretty hard when I saw the luminaries Richmond sent out to play Freo

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Crows vs a WAFL team.

Gore looked good though, as well as a few of their other kids. A couple of blistering runs off the backline.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Nutsngum posted:

Makes our 40 odd point loss yesterday seem pretty mild really.

You have to wonder if these 100 point thrashing really do much to "blood" the kids.

I think they do. They are looking for attitude, work rate and mentality mostly, and if you can't keep it together and do a few good things when the oppositions star mids are motoring along in second gear what use are you when the real stuff starts?

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

The thing is, for better or worse (worse) this country tends to thrash out it's social issues through mainstream sports. Having female umpires will become a lightning rod for issues over womens place in traditional masculine roles and respect for women working in those roles. It's only a matter of time before someone loses their block at a female umpire, it becomes a talking point, and then bigfooty starts booing her because it's not about feminism, it's about ethics in umpiring.

I guess what I'm saying is that it's a good thing that will be ruined by idiots

Also taking bets on which player loses his block at a female umpire first

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

It's scheduled to start in a month. There is 0 chance that channel 9 will just shrug and go 'Huge hole in our shecudle for the next 6 months? Oh well, them's the lumps!'

Worst comes to worst there will be a rotating medly of main cast members, a bit similar to when Letterman was off work for a few months following emergency bypass surgery.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

redweird posted:

Put Hodge behind bars and I'm in

And over behind the bars we have Luke Hodge! *cuts to an emaciated Hodge in a prison outfit*

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Thankfully the AFL had the foresight to schedule Bryce Gibbs Cup II: Electric Boogaloo in round 23 so we can answer this vexing question once and for all

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

The pre season tipping also removes the incentive to stop caring about tipping in round 5 because you forgot to put your tips in one week and got a 1.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Just watched Tory Dickson shank a shot from 25 m dead in front

#Preseason

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Guy Pearce is getting a lap dance to the tune of the Fitzroy theme song on the ABC atm

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Periphery posted:

I enjoyed listening to Derm call Jake Stringer Jesse Stringer about 10 times. I don't know what these fucks are paid but I bet for whatever it is I could do a better job.

Earlier he was crapping on about all the midfield time Suckling was going to have to do

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Who is corey gault?

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

He's really more of an open latrine

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

gay picnic defence posted:

Until one of their fans ends up throwing themselves off a bridge and through the front of my car on the eastern fwy

That's a long way to walk for a broken man

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

So on the basis of this Parkin may have had a point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

As a member of somethingawful.com I see nothing wrong with relieving oneself in a handy nearby receptacle so I can get back to my game in a hurry

• Locked thread